Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

13 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I don't believe anybody right now.  Least of all the alleged victim.  I just read something in her "journal" where she says that, after several people took turns having sex with her, she was flipped over and someone performed oral sex on her.  

First of all, I don't know any people who would take turns having sex with anybody.  But I don't know that there is a person on the planet who would have oral sex with a woman who has been having sex with several men.  That particular embellishment, in my opinion, is nonsense. 

Her lawyer strikes me as a scumbag.  He's blaming everybody.  Is it possible that his client is lying?  

This whole thing is funky.

I mean this with all due respect, but who you know and what you know about them appears to be very narrow compared to the cornucopia of people and their activities. You could find thousands of consensual examples of the exact thing you don't think exists with 20 chararters or less and any search engine of your choosing. Except Ask Jeeves - I'm not sure he can find that for you.

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

For what it's worth, one of our resident attorneys pointed out that the whole "Bills didn't talk to the victim as part of their investigation" may in large part be more lawyer grandstanding and trying to (successfully) put pressure on the Bills by "trying the case in the court of public opinion" by making it look as though the Bills can't have done a thorough investigation - a viewpoint reinforced by the headline of @john wawrow's otherwise well done AP article.

His point was that the lawyer is actually highly unlikely to make his client available to the Bills either for a sworn deposition, or a recorded interview with the Bills reps able to ask her questions freely.  Either would be discoverable to the civil case, and could result in contradictions or inconsistencies that could cast doubt on her as a witness in her civil case.

In fact, the lawyer mentions specifically "contact my client for her statement".  A pre-written, vetted statement from the alleged victim may not add too much to the investigation over the initial conversation and the emailed information he provided to the Bills.

I’ll echo an earlier post that this incident is a real challenge for headlines/graphics and the social media age news reporting/consumption. There are just enough layers to the accusations that a 6 word headline can’t be enough to frame it fairly 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, mannc said:

I'm coming around to that point of view...but on the other hand, they cut Haack well before they had to pick a punter...they could have kept both he and Araiza on the roster for another couple weeks as they sorted things out.  Really tough to figure... 

the only theory I came up with is Bills thought this would be settled out of court and done with and never in the media. There was a number at one point her lawyer had that could of ended this before it started. The offer he withdrew. 
It’s possible Araiza was supposed to pay this, and I don’t know maybe they didn’t have enough money or something. I didn’t read the actual lawsuit or how much they’re asking for. All just BS speculation on my part 

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I'm coming around to that point of view...but on the other hand, they cut Haack well before they had to pick a punter...they could have kept both he and Araiza on the roster for another couple weeks as they sorted things out.  Really tough to figure... 

To take it a step further there are at any given time 32 serviceable NFL  punters on the market. The Bills FO probably were prepared for a Plan B replacement punter the moment they needed one. 

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

I mean this with all due respect, but who you know and what you know about them appears to be very narrow compared to the cornucopia of people and their activities. You could find thousands of consensual examples of the exact thing you don't think exists with 20 chararters or less and any search engine of your choosing. Except Ask Jeeves - I'm not sure he can find that for you.

The more you post, the more I shake my head at how mindblowingly ignorant you are. 

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, finn said:

Actually, that's a good point. I could think of no reason why the Bills, who say they value character, would cut Haack and keep Araiza before doing (true) due diligence on this matter. This at least is one plausible explanation. They might not have wanted to keep Haack under any circumstances. 

Haack was due to make 1.8M in salary. I'm guessing they didn't want to pay him that.

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why do people want the owner to chime in?

Because they want accountability. 

Unfortunately “accountability” to them means snap judgments made in highly complex situations that 100% align with their view of the situation.. and when that doesn’t occur, they want to everyone nailed to crosses. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

So they specifically told Media to let it be known that he is still on the roster as of the start of practice. Would they tell them to say that just to say he was off the roster after practice? 

Yeah every Bills reporter on Twitter is making it a point to mention that he's still on the team. That means something. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I don't believe anybody right now.  Least of all the alleged victim.  I just read something in her "journal" where she says that, after several people took turns having sex with her, she was flipped over and someone performed oral sex on her.  

First of all, I don't know any people who would take turns having sex with anybody.

You should have stopped right there.

Unless you should have stopped before you started this post, which, upon reflection would have been 👍

9 minutes ago, Believer said:

Yes, no doubt… And Pegula should say so… He owns the franchise, for Chris sakes… Leadership starts with showing up… Last word from me on his silence… 

What on earth are the owners supposed to say here? Come on, really? They don’t know all the facts, they are working on learning more and deciding how to proceed. The owners pay people to run the football operation, and this is part of that. We don’t need someone higher up stumbling awkwardly thru “I can’t comment on that”. What a senseless chitshow that would turn into. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3