2022 Tremaine Edmunds Prediction & Watch Thread

elijah

Another thread on the most polarizing guy in Buffalo 🤯 

I tried to search but the top 3 thread results were all locked so, I don’t know merge this with another one if there’s an active one I missed? 

What are we predicting for Edmunds in 2022? Get your thoughts on record now! 

Stats are hard for linebackers (and defensive players in general) so I’ll steer clear of hard stat predictions, but I’m definitely in the breakout bandwagon. A stud that completely locks down the middle of the field and leads a top 5 defense. Dare I say, all-pro? I’m hoping Beane resigns him before the regular season starts to something like 4yr/$60M before the price skyrockets to 5yr/$85M after he cements himself as a top 5 linebacker in the league. 

What does TBD predict for Edmunds in 2022? Get your future bragging rights — and cold takes — on paper now before the season starts! 

Senor edmunds has a BIG target on his back with the 2bd fanbase . His every play will be scrutunized and critiqued. I just hope the excellence of our defensive line will create opportunities for he to shine...or it might get ugly up in here just sayin'

• Agree 1

I don't think it's ridiculous to ask the guy to make some actual plays on the field.

I get all the talk about his leadership, the coordination, and how his speed and physical talent makes it tough on opposing passing defenses.  Seemingly, that's how the coaching staff values Edmunds, and that doesn't always lend itself to stats, or him always being at the spot on the field where the ball is being thrown.

But if he's the athlete that he's supposed to be, I expect to see what I say from Cornelius Bennett 30+ years ago. 

Chasing ball-carriers down from behind, instead of always being caught in the wash of OL getting to the second level. 

Plugging the gap and shedding blockers, instead of being muscled out of the play

Actually getting in the neighborhood of the QB on the few times he's allowed to rush the passer

Taking some chances and stepping into passing lanes instead of just positioning himself to make the tackle

So yeah, I get that what he does bring elevates the play of the entire defense.  But I'm NOT dishing out dollar #1 for a second contract without seeing him be better in all the areas I described above.  I don't think it's irrational to ask that out of what he brings to the table physically.  Otherwise, I'm willing to watch Bernard or even Spector play the position for a rookie contract salary in 2023

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Why am I having gas again???

Because you're sipping on that juice again.  It's a brand new season, same old bad taste on Tremaine.  His expiration date is this year.  Time to dump him down the drain. 😁

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Toyo321 said:

Because you're sipping on that juice again.  It's a brand new season, same old bad taste on Tramaine.  His expiration date is this year.  Time to dump him down the drain. 😁

He won't get the big money here but Cleveland loves to over pay 

• Like (+1) 2

I want to see him tackle through RBs. I can only think of 1 time in his 4 seasons that he really drove a RB backwards, and it was last year. He usually pulls guys down on top of him, which gives them an extra 2 yards.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm predicting the vocal few who want him gone still won't get it. The main thing our defense was lacking was getting to the QB and taking him down. That's not on Edmunds in this defense. Defensive end and old ass Hughes was a bigger issue than the QB of the top ranked defense.

Edited by Dopey

7 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I'm predicting the vocal few who want him gone still won't get it. The main thing our defense was lacking was getting to the QB and taking him down. That's not on Edmunds in this defense. Defensive end and old ass Hughes was a bigger issue than the QB of the top ranked defense.

Yeah I do get that.  The thing that bothers me the most is watching this guy play.  He IS NOT a impact linebacker at all.  He very seldom makes 1 on 1 plays for a loss or contains a RB out of the backfield with out help.  He just can't a stuff another player one on one.  The problem is both our linebackers are a problem. Milano does not get a free pass either.  Go back to Indy game last year.  Our Linebackers were completely MIA, they did absolutely nothing in that game.  We have had suspect Linebackers for years.  And yes it has cost us wins,  in the win loss column.  

I am hoping that we get better LB play this year.  Because it will be needed to make it to the SB this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Yeah I do get that.  The thing that bothers me the most is watching this guy play.  He IS NOT a impact linebacker at all.  He very seldom makes 1 on 1 plays for a loss or contains a RB out of the backfield with out help.  He just can't a stuff another player one on one.  The problem is both our linebackers are a problem. Milano does not get a free pass either.  Go back to Indy game last year.  Our Linebackers were completely MIA, they did absolutely nothing in that game.  We have had suspect Linebackers for years.  And yes it has cost us wins,  in the win loss column.  

I am hoping that we get better LB play this year.  Because it will be needed to make it to the SB this year.

I hear ya, but Edmunds was not the reason we didn't get there last year. 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Guna be a tough go for him without all pro Star Loutlelilililili clogging the middle.

What would even make you think about typing this?  Why are you even thinking about Star? 

must…..add…….more…….negative……spin…..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.