Training Camp practice 8/2

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Josh being Josh...he's like a big gooofy kid out there at times  and Yes he has some dog in him too.  His persona, being this outrageously gifted athlete and person who likes to break balls and keep things light but is at the same time totally all business about wanting to WIN.

That's our QB!~!~!!!!!!

Could he be even more likeable?  nope!

m

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Dude, these are Alpha males.  Once the pads go on, they're competitors.  Phillips is gonna push the boundaries a bit to say "I'm right here.  I'm right in your face.  I woulda had you" and Allen is going to respond "Late hit, Have this!"

It's not surprising to me,  but You do You.  And they've had what, 3 seasons apart since Phillips was there every day?

LOL!  OK newbie.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, muppy said:

Josh being Josh...he's like a big gooofy kid out there at times  and Yes he has some dog in him too.  His persona, being this outrageously gifted athlete and person who likes to break balls and keep things light but is at the same time totally all business about wanting to WIN.

That's our QB!~!~!!!!!!

Could he be even more likeable?  nope!

m

Specifically golden retriever.

• Haha (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Great interview, thanks for sharing.  I did not know that Singletary and Cook have been working out together for the past 2 years and are friends.  He sounded genuinely excited to have him on his team.  He also said that they all looked up to Duke Johnson coming up through South Florida. (where all of our RB's are from) Said he was a Florida area legend.

10 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

L'il Dirty? Face of the Franchise?

Just McKenzie.

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Man I try and root for all these guys knowing it's not going to work out how they want for some, but man I really want it to work out for McKenzie.

He's just a cool dude.  If I ever go to Miami, I'm going to eat at his BBQ place.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

There were reports that earlier in practice JP had made contact with Keenum and Josh pulled him aside and told him to back off.

More than anything I think this is a tough roster to make at the moment, so low end guys like Phillips show up with much more stress than usual. 

Should a defensive linemen NOT try to cause #17 or any other QB to fumble  or at least go after the ball in training camp? It's not as if our opposition won't try to do the same in game circumstances.

*shrugs* I don't see the big deal I wouldn't think that kind of contact would cause an injury .We all want our QB's to not turn over the ball just sayin'

48 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I thought the offensive line would be a problem entering last season…. It was…. And nearly derailed the season…. The 13 seconds was a coaching failure more than anything else.

Thats not what I said though.  I said its amusing to watch people complain about something like the defense during the season...then complain about them going out and making it better.  

And you know full well you have done your share of posts here complaining about the defense, pass rush, etc.  

1 minute ago, muppy said:

Should a defensive linemen NOT try to cause #17 or any other QB to fumble  or at least go after the ball in training camp? It's not as if our opposition won't try to do the same in game circumstances.

*shrugs* I don't see the big deal I wouldn't think that kind of contact would cause an injury .We all want our QB's to not turn over the ball just sayin'

It's part of the whole no contact thing, other teams would try and tackle him too but I doubt the team has him practice how he shrugs them off like he does.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Love the Von Miller signing…. Your forgetting Settle, Jones, Philips, and Shaq…. I guess you can continue to ignore my point with your straw man ways. They’ve dedicated a ***** ton of cap and draft picks for very good defensive line depth so the 8-9 man line rotation can work at the expense of other positions. 

Scott I am just not getting this arguement.

They brought in a aging but still pro bowl OG

Bates played his way into the starting lineup last year

The brin Quessenhouser (sp) to be the reserve guy at both OG and OT

Now if it were me?  I would bring in Jason Peters just because I thought he played well last year but other then that its just a matter of early TC injuries not a concern

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

It's part of the whole no contact thing, other teams would try and tackle him too but I doubt the team has him practice how he shrugs them off like he does.

okay that's fair. If no contact are the rules then I get it. Thanks. Ball security is  key so Im sure it is addressed in any case.

4 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Don’t like the reports I’m hearing of Elam being overly grabby. If he was a vet with a rep like Stephon Gilmore or Darrelle Revis, he could grab a ton and the refs would mostly keep the flags in their pockets… but as a rookie? I expect lots of flags if his style is so noticeable that the media reports on it daily.

Gilmore was grabby as a rookie to

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thats not what I said though.  I said its amusing to watch people complain about something like the defense during the season...then complain about them going out and making it better.  

And you know full well you have done your share of posts here complaining about the defense, pass rush, etc.  

What I find funny is he said Saffold is an aging vet who has fallen off the last few years and wanted someone younger.

Then he says to bring in Jason Peters....who is 6 years older.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, eball said:

I love that you called him Don :lol:

It sure beats other things that he could very well call me 😂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.