Judge Sue Robinson recommends 6 game suspension for Watson; NFL will appeal

YoloinOhio

20 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

and booted Heisman Trophy winning, #1 overall pick for a scumbag pervert after just 4 seasons. Cleveland isn’t deserving of a team.

Cleveland the city deserves a team they can be proud of.  They need a new owner though.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Lol you think opposing fans are going to forget this in a year? You do realize Roethlisberger was catching **** right up to the day he retired for his scumbaggery. 

It will be remembered when it's convenient for other people... Like opposing fans but, generally, this will mostly be forgotten 

Edited by BIGFOOTspaceman
Spelling

5 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Speak for yourself

They lied 🤥

In some respects what Mike Vick and Kobe did were as bad or worse.  Kobe went on to be an all time legend and Mike Vick does commentary now.  Not saying it isn't crazy... But for sport stars this stuff never seems to stick. 

1 hour ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

In some respects what Mike Vick and Kobe did were as bad or worse.  Kobe went on to be an all time legend and Mike Vick does commentary now.  Not saying it isn't crazy... But for sport stars this stuff never seems to stick. 

Vick at least served time for what he did. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Certainly possible, but you may be underestimating the #metoo movement 

You make a very good point Yolo, but the #metoo movement tends to be very selective about what bothers them and who they choose to go after. 

I too think that this episode will be all but forgotten at some point.

2 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

It will be remembered when it's convenient for other people... Like opposing fans but, generally, this will mostly be forgotten 

Internet’s got a much longer memory these days bud…this will follow him the rest of his career.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Last I knew all but one of the girls got settlements. NFL gets look look like a real hero by coming down harder on Watson. Eventually Watson comes back and the Browns will still be a clown show most likely. 

It's ok to let go of the outrage you feel. 

20 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Internet’s got a much longer memory these days bud…this will follow him the rest of his career.

I agree. Even after his career is finished (today would be nice) when people think of Watson I suspect the first thing they will think of will be the whole "sexual predator" thing ... and personally I am all in favour of that.

2 minutes ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

I agree. Even after his career is finished (today would be nice) when people think of Watson I suspect the first thing they will think of will be the whole "sexual predator" thing ... and personally I am all in favour of that.

Me too (or #metoo)

9 hours ago, NoSaint said:

i will own, surprised the nfl would risk this going to court. We will see what they try to impose now. 

Major fine and very modest change to the games they might skate without court. I’d still be shocked if they go big and end up in court. And then if they go small, it hardly seems worth the risk and continued headlines. 

I'm not sure why you think the NFL doesn't want to go to court.  The NFL looks great in this situation. 

38 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I'm not sure why you think the NFL doesn't want to go to court.  The NFL looks great in this situation. 

Snyder and Kraft begin used against them is the biggest reason. 

Handing out the punishment to Ross softened that argument a little though. 

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Isn’t the Snyder thing still ongoing? I didn’t think that punishment had been decided yet. Though admittedly I’m not following it closely. 

edit: yes it’s an ongoing investigation. He was fined $10 mill last year and this is a new round of investigations led by Mary jo white 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/aug/3/lisa-banks-weighs-deshaun-watson-stephen-ross-susp/

Edited by YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Isn’t the Snyder thing still ongoing? I didn’t think that punishment had been decided yet. Though admittedly I’m not following it closely. 

I believe it still is also (I'm also not following that closely either) but I'm sure it is something that would be used either way.  

Just from a quick google search here is what he did last month:

- Avoided being served a subpoena by taking a vacation on his yacht (and his lawyer wouldn't accept the subpoena on his behalf).

- Agreed to testify remotely instead of being served so he wouldn't have to testify under oath (which was rejected by the committee).

Edited by The Wiz

Just now, The Wiz said:

I believe it still is also (I'm also not following that closely either) but I'm sure it is something that would be used either way.  

Just from a quick google search here is what he did last month:

- Avoided being served a subpoena by taking a vacation on his yacht (and his lawyer wouldn't accept the subpoena on his behalf).

- Agreed to testify remotely instead of being served so he wouldn't have to testify under oath.

Yeah there is an ongoing nfl investigation, so he is likely to get hammered when it concludes but how can the nflpa argue he didn’t get a big enough suspension when it has yet to be levied for the sexual harassment stuff? He was fined 10 mill last year for a toxic workplace culture but this is a new investigation 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Snyder is on-going and Kraft was doled out prior to the new CBA.  

The NFLPA will have little to go on and with the recent suspension of Ross and team punishment- I think the window is even smaller.

Heck even Snyder with his original findings lost control of the team for a couple of months.

I still think Watson should be suspended 6 games for each person that came forward - give him 144 games and after the 8 years - the Browns still have to deal with the contract.

The Browns should not be allowed out and Watson should not see the field through the rest of the 2020’s.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

and booted Heisman Trophy winning, #1 overall pick for a scumbag pervert after just 4 seasons. Cleveland isn’t deserving of a team.

The fans are deserving. They are good people.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah there is an ongoing nfl investigation, so he is likely to get hammered when it concludes but how can the nflpa argue he didn’t get a big enough suspension when it has yet to be levied for the sexual harassment stuff? He was fined 10 mill last year for a toxic workplace culture but this is a new investigation 

I think the only play that they have is that the NFL (Godell) backed Snyder when he said that Synder didn't interfere with the Wilkinson investigation (I have no idea if he did or not but I'm sure they could try to say Godell was 'covering' for Snyder).

The only other thing I can think of is if Godell could have punished the team/Snyder prior to this going to Congress (which I don't know if the $10m covers all of this or not).

Edit: And as your previous post states, it does not. 

Edited by The Wiz

8 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Lol you think opposing fans are going to forget this in a year? You do realize Roethlisberger was catching **** right up to the day he retired for his scumbaggery. 

I absolutely loathe Ben. The fact that he remained in the league for so long infuriates  me. I had a soft spot for the Steelers as a fellow rust belt down, and now I can’t stand them.