Donald Trump is under criminal investigation by the Department of Justice

I don’t think there’s going to be enough to charge Trump over the false electors ruse. He no doubt egged on those who proposed the theory, but he had a sketch legal opinion from Eastman that he can fall back on. 
The strongest case I see is the intimidation of Georgia election officials — it’s worst moment was the “find me 11,000 votes” call. A problem we have here is the law needs to more clearly delineate the line between Trump the President and Trump the Candidate. A lot of what Trump was doing was in his capacity as Losing Candidate, and in that capacity he shouldn’t have any more right to urge/cajole/threaten election officials than any other candidate has. I do believe there’s a strong case there, but it may be that Georgia DAs (particularly Fulton Co.) are concerned that a charge brought during the course of some hotly contested other races could backfire on the other Democratic candidates. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I think a lot of the pissing and moaning is the allegation that Trump suggested and "encouraged" replacing some electoral college representatives in states he lost with others that would override the voters choice and change their vote in the Electoral College. 

But in 2016 numerous Democratic officials went on the record suggesting the electors be pressured and coerced to change their votes to Hillary.  So how many of them got indicted, charged, tried, convicted, and sentenced?  None.  Because 1) they were Democrats, 2) they were members of the political class, 3) they were members of the perpetual war uni-party.  I guess the logic is they did it, anything goes for them, and the rules and laws don't apply in the pursuit of "good".  Only the other guys need to follow the law.

This has been my line of thinking from the start.  Political people pay political games and get their base all riled up, but a 30 second google search reveals similar behavior that raised no red flags whatsoever.  

Still, Tibs has been very bold about citing criminal behavior but exceptionally timid providing details with anything beyond that.  In that regard, he’s Chicken Little. 

7 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I think we have enough evidence to charge several people close to Trump, and Trump himself, with conspiracy to defraud the United States. If a jury acquits him, then we *have* to accept that.

Whether or not Garland has the stones to actually do it, remains another question.

Who can  *prove* he knew he lost and tried to change it???

like anyone who paid any attention to this tools behavior, I have zero doubt he himself believed and still believes he actually won. 

being delusional and saying stupid and irrational things isn’t a convict-able offense, otherwise BillStime and Tibs would be roommates at Leavenworth. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

like anyone who paid any attention to this tools behavior, I have zero doubt he himself believed and still believes he actually won. 

being delusional and saying stupid and irrational things isn’t a convict-able offense, otherwise BillStime and Tibs would be roommates at Leavenworth. 

Do you argue with Stop signs, too?

Trump went WAY beyond SAYING stupid and irrational things.

16 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I agree that he is delusional and honestly believes that he won. That makes proving intent very difficult.

However, for conspiracy to defraud the United States, prosecutors can show evidence (that we have already seen) of advisors like Eastman telling him that their scheme was illegal and Trump deciding to move forward with it anyway. That's a pretty strong piece of evidence of intent to commit fraud, regardless of whether or not he believes he won the election.

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

I agree that he is delusional and honestly believes that he won. That makes proving intent very difficult.

However, for conspiracy to defraud the United States, prosecutors can show evidence (that we have already seen) of advisors like Eastman telling him that their scheme was illegal and Trump deciding to move forward with it anyway. That's a pretty strong piece of evidence of intent to commit fraud, regardless of whether or not he believes he won the election.

There is direct evidence of him knowingly directing clearly illegal activity? 

if so great, bring that to trial and lock him up. Enough with all the theatrics and this oscar winning level production “hearing” that’s costing tens of millions of dollars. And by the way making it nearly impossible to find an objective jury ever…. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

if so great, bring that to trail and lock him up. Enough with all the theatrics and this oscar winning level production “hearing” that’s costing tens of millions of dollars. 

The hearing is independent of the DOJ investigation.

The hearing will continue whether or not Trump goes to "trail."

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

if so great, bring that to trail and lock him up. Enough with all the theatrics and this oscar winning level production “hearing” that’s costing tens of millions of dollars. 

Mike Pence's counsel testified under oath that Eastman told Trump that the plan was illegal at a meeting.

Additionally, there is an email from Eastman stating that there is no legal support for the plan to have Pence reject certification.

https://time.com/6188491/john-eastman-jan-6-testimony-trump/

However, the decision to actually do anything about this lies with the DoJ, not the Jan 6 committee.

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

if so great, bring that to trial and lock him up. Enough with all the theatrics and this oscar winning level production “hearing” that’s costing tens of millions of dollars. And by the way making it nearly impossible to find an objective jury ever…. 

Recurring theme w the cult:

STOP REMINDING US OF OUR BAD CHOICE IN 2016 AND 2020.

12 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Mike Pence's counsel testified under oath that Eastman told Trump that the plan was illegal at a meeting.

Additionally, there is an email from Eastman stating that there is no legal support for the plan to have Pence reject certification.

https://time.com/6188491/john-eastman-jan-6-testimony-trump/

However, the decision to actually do anything about this lies with the DoJ, not the Jan 6 committee.

Right, wouldn’t you rather see a proper Doj process etc than the dog and pony show? 

48 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

Nothing will come of this. He has been under investigation for years.

Here is the deal, if they charge Trump and he goes to prison or is not allowed to run for office, this country will destroy itself.

Things will not go well if they indict and open up the possibility of an actual defense and all that comes with it. It's the same reason they are denying due process to the DC gulag prisoners. If those go to trial before the midterms, the defense will introduce all the evidence that's  inconvenient for the sham committee. 

Can't have that.

• Agree 2

39 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Things will not go well if they indict and open up the possibility of an actual defense and all that comes with it. It's the same reason they are denying due process to the DC gulag prisoners. If those go to trial before the midterms, the defense will introduce all the evidence that's  inconvenient for the sham committee. 

Can't have that.

As qDoc loves to say:

FEEEEEELLLZZZ

lolz

On 7/27/2022 at 9:11 AM, All_Pro_Bills said:

There was only one person murdered and the shooter got away with it. 

So strange All Pro is avoiding my questions about why little Miss Taliban was shot?

He’s spewing left and right about horseshit then asked a simple question and he runs like Josh Hawley.

Why is that?

15 hours ago, DRsGhost said:

Can't have that.

This investigation seems to be a direct result of this sham committee, no?

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, 716er said:

FYx3pkqXoAA5ae4?format=jpg&name=small

Is he stoned? 😁

"Yo, pass that schitt homie!"

"Who's going on a Mickey D's run?"

Random thought: Do you think he likes McDonald's so much because you can't spell McDonald's with Donald? Peak narcissism.

13 hours ago, Doc said:

You lefty loonies know how this is going to end, right?  The same as the 59 other attempts.

Only takes one.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, DRsGhost said:

Can't have that.

There is no DC gulag. They are getting the same treatment as the average criminal. If you don’t like it, I’d be happy to agree on reforms to the judicial system. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Doc said:

And youse guys will be searching for it until he dies...

Investigating people (Trump and cro ies) in search of crimes instead of investigating crimes and finding those responsible is the DC swamp way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Investigating people (Trump and cro ies) in search of crimes instead of investigating crimes and finding those responsible is the DC swamp way.

Deranged and delusional - Trump is the most corrupt president in our lifetime and you literally spend all day wiping his arse.

idiots

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Doc said:

And youse guys will be searching for it until he dies...

I'm not searching for anything, just watching the show. For the record, I do think he's corrupt AF and that anyone who doesn't is just rationalizing. I mean, he was already corrupt in the 80's. JMO

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Deranged and delusional - Trump is the most corrupt president in our lifetime and you literally spend all day wiping his arse.

idiots

The sheep are really so similar they're almost clones.

Don't like Trump but defend everything he does, despite overwhelming evidence of incompetence (and likely corruption) from everyone that's worked with him.

Not to mention the absolute love and searching of conspiracy theories.  These tinfoil hat wearing loonies have become the average conservative.  

Let's be real, any other politician would be toast for the Georgia call alone.   Career over, likely jail.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

There is no DC gulag. They are getting the same treatment as the average criminal. If you don’t like it, I’d be happy to agree on reforms to the judicial system. 

No, actually they are not. The average criminal is treated much better, even put back on the streets just hours after being charged with crimes far more serious than trespassing. That is the result of liberal “ justice reform”. Formerly known as being soft on crime or coddling criminals. The Colbert crew was quickly set free after trespassing. Not surprisingly , you haven’t been paying attention. 

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

No, actually they are not. The average criminal is treated much better, even put back on the streets just hours after being charged with crimes far more serious than trespassing. That is the result of liberal “ justice reform”. Formerly known as being soft on crime or coddling criminals. The Colbert crew was quickly set free after trespassing. Not surprisingly , you haven’t been paying attention. 

You can call it trespassing all you want. Consider they're getting these sentences because others see their actions as more than trespassing. It's possible you're wrong.

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

So it clearly wasn’t a priority for the cult to reform it and pass a bill when Trump had the house and senate, eh?

Just got that tax cut for the rich through 

#gqp priorities 

Edited by BillStime

1 minute ago, Gene Frenkle said:

You can call it trespassing all you want. Consider they're getting these sentences because others see their actions as more than trespassing. It's possible you're wrong.

I most certainly will call it trespassing because that’s what it was.I’m not wrong.  Sentences and time served in jail are pure  political theater and retribution. All for having the nerve to protest /call out Democrat election fraud. 

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I most certainly will call it trespassing because that’s what it was.I’m not wrong.  Sentences and time served in jail are pure  political theater and retribution. All for having the nerve to protest /call out Democrat election fraud. 

It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.

Maybe don't storm the Capital if you don't like jail.

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yeah that's all they did right?  Always a good look when you side with scum that wiped their own (or maybe other peoples) crap on walls. 

Zero proof of widespread fraud still.  Because morons believe the biggest liar of them all, the man who became king of the swamp.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I'm not searching for anything, just watching the show. For the record, I do think he's corrupt AF and that anyone who doesn't is just rationalizing. I mean, he was already corrupt in the 80's. JMO

No argument.  But so was Joke.