Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

Just now, BillsPride12 said:

It just feels good to not see the Bills at the top anymore.  Still have some lingering PTSD 

It won't happen this year, but the Sabres need to get off that list next year. If they have a good offseason in improving the D and G then I think they will.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Gregg said:

FscOI1OaIAE7uUn?format=jpg&name=small

Not a list you want to be on. The Jets can say they are #1 at something.

So are we.  We've already set the record for greatest futility in the history of the NHL!

And we are going to add another year onto that record this year.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

So are we.  We've already set the record for greatest futility in the history of the NHL!

And we are going to add another year onto that record this year.

That is why I said the Sabres need to get off that list next year. I think they will. There is a lot of young talent on the roster that is only going to get better. They do need to improve the defense this offseason. That is a must.

19 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Levi starting tomorrow! I am excited to see how he does.

DITTO. I hope he has a good showing. It would definitely be positive news if the search for a bona fide #1 goalie is proven. Not that one game is the be all and end all of anyones tenure but still.......hope springs eternal he will fill that role going forward 

12 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Levi starting tomorrow! I am excited to see how he does.

I'm equal parts excited to watch the kid play and terrified that our team defense will leave him hanging out to dry.

22 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I can’t remember a more anticipated Sabres debut since Alex Mogilny.  Going to be glued to the TV screen tonight.  LGO Devon!!

I think you're forgetting Mikhail Grigorenko and Alex Nylander but yes, I am excited too.

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

I'm equal parts excited to watch the kid play and terrified that our team defense will leave him hanging out to dry.

I think the defense will play hard knowing they’ve got a rookie in goal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Happy Devon Levi Day Sabres Fans! 

This is a huge day a potential saving NHL hockey franchise in Buffalo day. Because how many more years are Buffalo Sabres fans going to put up with no playoffs year after year? The Key Bank Center empty seats the seats when filled with opponents team fans isn’t good for the long term health of the Buffalo Sabres franchise in Buffalo. This is a Buffalo Bills Quarterback Jim Kelly, Josh Allen moment tonight. Goalie Devon Levi needs to be great or the Sabres are in trouble long term for staying in Buffalo that is how important Devon Levi being great in goal for the Sabres is in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

This is a huge day a potential saving NHL hockey franchise in Buffalo day. Because how many more years are Buffalo Sabres fans going to put up with no playoffs year after year? The Key Bank Center empty seats the seats when filled with opponents team fans isn’t good for the long term health of the Buffalo Sabres franchise in Buffalo. This is a Buffalo Bills Quarterback Jim Kelly, Josh Allen moment tonight. Goalie Devon Levi needs to be great or the Sabres are in trouble long term for staying in Buffalo that is how important Devon Levi being great in goal for the Sabres is in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Yeah no. If not Levi they trade for a good goalie. They have the pieces and prospects to make them more attractive than anytime in the recent past. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The debut period for Levi looked solid, the kid has quick instincts for sure. Would love him to pitch a shutout... 

This is from his Wiki page... people are already updating it lol:

Buffalo Sabres
Having concluded his sophomore season with the Huskies, Levi ended his collegiate career by signing a three-year, entry-level contract with the Buffalo Sabres on March 17, 2023. On March 31 2023, Levi made his NHL debut where he shut out Patrick Kane and the New York Rangers in the first Period.[34]

Edited by T&C
  • Haha (+1) 1

For the last few months I've been sitting here chuckling at you guys acting like some 20yrold college kid is going to step into the league and suddenly be the missing piece for a long-moribund franchise.

But damn, this boy really can play, can't he? :blink:

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Simon said:

For the last few months I've been sitting here chuckling at you guys acting like some 20yrold college kid is going to step into the league and suddenly be the missing piece for a long-moribund franchise.

But damn, this boy really can play, can't he? :blink:

I was really impressed.  Exceptional rebound control.  Insane lateral movement.  I didn’t think either of the Rangers goals scored were his “fault.”  I love his rituals.  Pure goalie.  Love it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I was really impressed.  Exceptional rebound control.  Insane lateral movement.  I didn’t think either of the Rangers goals scored were his “fault.”  I love his rituals.  Pure goalie.  Love it.

For sure, neither one was a soft. I hope they saved one of the pucks for him... his first stop at least.

WGR doesn't carry any Sabres coverage anymore?! Haven't tuned in in awhile and its a CBS sports show.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.