Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

21 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

They have shown some snippets of these during the intermissions lately. 

They're good but he needs to pick the pace up and chop about a minute of these things.

I am wondering how this all got started.

Its a take on this.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

NHL refereeing is such garbage. What a **** call. Felt like a make-up call for the ovechkin penalty. To overtime we go…

Need that second point!

These Capitols announcers are irritating as *****...

Sabres pissed away that 2nd point with a mediocre effort in the 3rd.

Another game that leaves you feeling like the NHL/refs have teams they want to win though. That BS make up call against Buffalo with 2 minutes left in the game that lets Washington pull their goalie to go up 2 skaters and get the tying goal. Then they don’t call the hook on Thompson in OT. Don’t call skinner being tripped in OT. But they call Cozens for the trip in OT (and it was a legit trip) after Buffalo dominates the whole OT. Then the refs immediately clearing the broken stick for the caps shile they are on the power play so ovechkin has a clear shooting lane. Wtf was that? I can’t remember seeing a ref go immediately pick up a broken stick like that. They usually wait till a whistle or the play to clear the zone at least.

I’m not blaming the refs for the loss. That loss is on Buffalo. They need to do a better job closing out that game. Can’t give up 2 goal lead in the last half of the 3rd period. Also, Whoever runs their PK needs to go along with the defensive asst. coach (maybe they are the same person? That would make it easy! lol). 

And wow is UPL garbage in the shootout. It’s starting to feel like Lehner in the shootouts all over again. 🤢🤮

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

23 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

NHL refereeing is such garbage. What a **** call. Felt like a make-up call for the ovechkin penalty. To overtime we go…

Need that second point!

THIS x 10000 the NHL officiating in Sabres games gets worse every night. Players obstructed and interefered with ALL GAME!!!!😡

• Like (+1) 1

That was a tough one to take last night.  I knew we'd have trouble holding onto that lead heading into the 3rd and I wasn't wrong.  You can blame it on Tuch and his garbage roughing penalty with like a minute left in regulation.  Not the time to lose your composure.  If he was bothering you that much, get his number, wait for the next time you play after you secure the win in a playoff race, and pound the snot out of him on the opening face-off.

Tuch is not exactly a fighter but my God, he's a HUGE man and I would hope he could kick some ass from time to time if he has to.

I don't mind DC jumping ahead of us for now; that team is going NOWHERE.

At least we salvaged a point from a disaster.

We can still beat Philly on Friday.

First Happy St Patrick’s Day. Second a great day to be a Buffalo Sabres fan signing Devon Levi was a huge signing. It was important and the Buffalo Sabres got it done. It simply doesn’t matter about Rochester Americans and AHL playoffs the players down there have to figure it out. Buffalo Sabres fans need to be concerned fixing the Buffalo Sabres not the Rochester Americans. This is a very important signing for the Buffalo Sabres. 

Now addressing the it’s too soon for Devon Levi from some Buffalo Sabres fans it’s nothing more than fear. Don Edwards was the same age with no college experience. Tom Barrasso was 18 years old straight from High School Hockey June to starting opening night for the Buffalo Sabres in October with no college and he won two Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins. Owen Power was fine without the AHL. The 7th round pick Devon Levi he went to college played his way into a 1st round draft pick as far as I am concerned. If Devon Levi fails he fails it won’t be the first time a player failed in the pros and it won’t be the last time that is on Devon Levi the individual not the Buffalo Sabres. The Buffalo Sabres are a professional hockey team not a babysitter service. Devon Levi got his money and opportunity if he fails he fails there is always someone else that will take the goalie job if he can’t seize the opportunity he has. To the Buffalo Sabres fans you can’t control fate and life it’s impossible.

Devon Levi time he believes he is ready and you go with that. Some Buffalo Sabres fans with that AHL hockey position wouldn’t have played Ken Dryden out of Cornell Big Red for the 1971 Montreal Canadians playoffs I am scared let’s play Rogie Vachon instead. You have nothing to fear then fear itself in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

Very happy Levi is signed! I was going to start getting a little nervous if it didn’t happen soon, especially with other NorthEastern players signing entry level contracts. Glad I don’t have to worry about it now! lol 

Sounds like he’s joining the Sabres, which was expected. I believe he still has to play a game in the NHL this year for his entry level contract to start, which I also expect to happen. It’ll be interesting to see how soon. I’m guessing it’ll depend on how he looks at practice.

It would be awesome if he looked NHL ready right away but I’m not counting on it and I don’t think Sabres fans should be disappointed if he isn’t. If Levi made the jump directly to the NHL from college he would be the first in a decades AFAIK. The last time I am aware of was in the 80’s or maybe the 90’s but maybe I am missing someone. But even if I am it’s safe to say it would be very out of the norm to see him skip the AHL altogether.

But with how desperate the Sabres are for a good goalie, if he looks ready I could see them running with it. Or at least giving him a chance to compete for an NHL spot next season. I’m fine with it either way.

A clue could be how many games he gets into this season. The more games he plays this year the more likely I think it is he’s in the plans for next season. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.