Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

2 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

This whole week is going to be tough. It'll be a huge challenge to make up any ground towards one of the elusive playoff spots. 

This will not be the time to make up ground!  This will be the time to survive and simply try not to have our season ended!  

Having said that, if we beat Islanders tomorrow, we WILL make up some ground.  

Have to win tomorrow; tonight against Edmonton is more optional, but I think we will win.

We are #3 scoring team; Edmonton is #1!  Tonight should be amazing!  

Will be like '80s Battle of Alberta with the Sabres playing the role of Calgary...

Watch for end to end action and a final score of 7-6.

15 hours ago, Doc said:

BS.  He knew he wasn't overtaking Levi.  If anything, he should have signed last year to get a head start on him. 

And it's interesting they wanted prospects from the Sabres but settled for a conditional 1st this year, a conditional 2nd next year and a 2nd in 2026.

Not really. Chychrun wanted to play in his home town. So AZ says we'll accommodate you, unless we get something a lot better elsewhere. They didn't.

3 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

This whole week is going to be tough. It'll be a huge challenge to make up any ground towards one of the elusive playoff spots. 

We are in the playoffs now, as far as our players are concerned. Every game is must-win. 

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not really. Chychrun wanted to play in his home town. So AZ says we'll accommodate you, unless we get something a lot better elsewhere. They didn't.

He's from Boca Raton.  He was traded to Ottawa.

Take comfort Sabres fans. Maybe they make the playoffs this year and maybe they won't but...

Buffalo is going to be good for a very long time. 

Jack Quinn seems to be the real deal. Cozens, Krebs, Jost all first rd, young guys flourishing down the middle. That’s before mentioning Tuch or Thompson or Dahlin or Powers. Plus young high end role players like middlestat, peterka, ollofson, samuelson. KO and Skinner who have been great. Not sure about the depth on D but this team is stacked for the future nonetheless.

• Agree 2

Missed opportunity not getting at least a point from the game tonight. Buffalo had their chances. Skinner made some big saves for edmonton. That bad 3rd goal by Anderson and ended up being the difference tonight. Oilers did a good job clogging up the middle of the ice and shutting buffalo down in the 3rd.

Sabres have to get a win tomorrow, and preferably in regulation. It's effectively a 4 point game.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Missed opportunity not getting at least a point from the game tonight. Buffalo had their chances. Skinner made some big saves for edmonton. That bad 3rd goal by Anderson and ended up being the difference tonight. Oilers did a good job clogging up the middle of the ice and shutting buffalo down in the 3rd.

Sabres have to get a win tomorrow, and preferably in regulation. It's effectively a 4 point game.

It's going to be a tough game. The Isles are usually good at home. They haven't played since Saturday, so they are rested. The Sabres will be playing their 3rd game in 4 nights so fatigue may play a factor especially in the 3rd period. 

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

It's going to be a tough game. The Isles are usually good at home. They haven't played since Saturday, so they are rested. The Sabres will be playing their 3rd game in 4 nights so fatigue may play a factor especially in the 3rd period. 

Yeah for sure it will be tough. NYI have the veteran experience too. But it doesn’t matter. This is still as close to “must win” as it gets. This is probably the most important game they’ve played in a decade. A regulation loss makes catching the Isles a much tougher task.

If the Sabres really want a shot at the playoffs this season they have to get a win tonight, and preferably in regulation.

Big game. It’ll be interesting to see how the Sabres play.

• Agree 1

Over the past 4 or 5 games, I've noticed an increase in bad angle shots. I get the whole, 'shots to the net; bad rebounds, sneak one inside the post' kind of things, but it seems to me it's boosting the opponent goalie confidence bit. Skinner seemed to be locked in on what the Sabres were doing. His positioning was solid most of the night. 

7 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah for sure it will be tough. NYI have the veteran experience too. But it doesn’t matter. This is still as close to “must win” as it gets. This is probably the most important game they’ve played in a decade. A regulation loss makes catching the Isles a much tougher task.

If the Sabres really want a shot at the playoffs this season they have to get a win tonight, and preferably in regulation.

Big game. It’ll be interesting to see how the Sabres play.

Here we go... hope we make a statement win.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/5/2023 at 9:40 AM, Nextmanup said:

I believe we have FOUR games in hand on your Isles.  I think we'll catch you guys eventually.  We also have a better win percentage.  Of course, we have to make good use of those games in hand and actually win.

I think we'll win on Monday against Edmonton.  Right now I'm taking it one game at a time.

I wish we had Tuch back, but that's life.  At least we got Dahlin back a bit sooner than expected.

MFer!!!

Was looking forward to watching this game all day but it's one of the few games during the season that I don't get. 

Good luck to your Sabres - not really cuz my Isles could really use a W tonight - but good luck all the same.

39 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

MFer!!!

Was looking forward to watching this game all day but it's one of the few games during the season that I don't get. 

Good luck to your Sabres - not really cuz my Isles could really use a W tonight - but good luck all the same.

Tied after 1... 0-0. Was hoping we could get one in on the 4 on 4 but no dice.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.