Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

58 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

To have their playoff hopes dashed in the second week of March rather than December/January is progress I suppose.

Next year...

We've been out of it by Thanksgiving for much of the past 12 years.

This three game stretch has been rough. It’s like they felt the pressure of the playoffs round the corner, got into their own heads, and just played tight with no discipline on defense. Losing Tuch was a big factor too imo. Hopefully a learning experience going forward but so disappointing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I felt real disappointment over the past week as I’ve watched them drop out of the race. After so many emotionless years it’s definitely real progress. I’ll be excited leading into next year just hope something is figured out at goaltender.

• Like (+1) 1

As Granato often says in his press conferences, "It's disappointing, but it's something these young guys can learn from."

I really like Granato and what he's done with the team. And this may not be the case, but it's ringing with me that it's ok to be disappointed because we'll always learn from it. I know it's gotten better, and I'm sure it's just me, but when will the learning yield better result?

The Buffalo Sabres have to sign Devon Levi if he doesn’t sign with the Buffalo Sabres that really puts this franchise back to square one when it comes to progress. Without a NHL franchise goalie the Buffalo Sabres are going to be in the hunt but always in the hunt for the playoffs. Devon Levi decision might have a long term impact seriously on the future of the Buffalo Sabres NHL franchise remaining in Buffalo? Because you can’t keep not making the NHL playoffs you lose credibility the longer this Sabres playoff drought continues in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

10 minutes ago, Beast said:

Today was an absolute kick in the nuts. The Sabres were the better team.

71 needs to go.

Couldn't agree more. Olafson is not a good player. 

I watched the 3rd period. Just play Lukkonen the rest of the season, spotting a game here and there with Anderson. Comrie has no place on this team. Sabres played an awesome period in the 3rd. Can't do much with a 4 on 3 power play. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Today was an absolute kick in the nuts. The Sabres were the better team.

71 needs to go.

I agree the Buffalo Sabres were the better team but I hope this is a life lesson for the Buffalo Sabres fans. The Buffalo Sabres were once the New York Rangers. What? The Sabres were once the Rangers challenging for the playoffs every year when I was growing up in the 1970’s and 1980’s as a Buffalo Sabres fan. The tank was the stupidest idea to basically give the Buffalo Sabres a SMU Mustangs football shutdown for recruiting violations and SMU football never really recovered from what it former glory was for a chance at drafting Connor McDavid. The Buffalo Sabres should never tank again it took the Sabres over a decade to get where we were before the Buffalo Sabres tank. Now Buffalo Sabres fans will do anything for 8th place last playoff wildcard how ironic. Before 8th place in the hurt was terrible now it’s the Stanley Cup finals in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Paul Hamilton asked Dahlin straight to his face in the post game PC the other day if he was hurt.

Very direct and I think it caught him by surprise; Dahlin simply said "No."

There is no doubt in my mind he's lying, and now he's back on the injury report.  He has looked nothing like himself since he came back from injury.

It doesn't really matter; this thing is pretty much over now.  Will still enjoy watching the season come to its end, and I think it's still gotta be considered a successful campaign to date.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.