Jump to content

Heath Farwell being “honest” with JAX media…


eball
 Share

Recommended Posts

Excerpt from Buffalo News article about Farwell’s PC yesterday:

 

————

 

Farwell, who took over as Jaguars special teams coordinator 17 days after the Bills' playoff loss, was asked if he was haunted by the end of the game and what he might have done differently.

 

"I get that question all the time," Farwell smiled. "To be perfectly honest with you, it’s in the past. I don’t worry about that. Honestly, my answer to that is that’s a question for the Buffalo Bills and Sean McDermott. It’s in the past. I don’t deal with that, to be honest with you.

"That's part of the way I live my life. It’s going forward, and what we’re doing here. I’m loving the guys I work with here. I got a great appreciation for the players there. I had fantastic players, still good friends of mine that I talk to all the time. But down here, I’m trying to build something down here special. That’s what it's about for me. I move on. I honestly don’t think twice about it."

 

————-

 

Umm, Heath, I “honestly” don’t believe.you.  Dolt.

 

  • Haha (+1) 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What don't you believe? He is right, it is in the past and a question for the Bills. You can take the fact that they parted terms as an indication that there was some failure somewhere, but what he actually says there is not untrue. 

  • Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What don't you believe? He is right, it is in the past and a question for the Bills. You can take the fact that they parted terms as an indication that there was some failure somewhere, but what he actually says there is not untrue. 

Nor is it true, it is just a canned answer to the question asked, note, Levi Wallace is the only one to fess up, and he’s gone too…, both became liabilities that could not be accepted further. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Nor is it true, it is just a canned answer to the question asked, note, Levi Wallace is the only one to fess up, and he’s gone too…, both became liabilities that could not be accepted further. 

 

It it true. It is in the past, and it is a question for the Bills really. It is not for a coach who has left to start publicising details about something where the Bills have clearly said they don't want to get into specifics in the public domain. If he had done that it would have been a dick move. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, eball said:

Excerpt from Buffalo News article about Farwell’s PC yesterday:

 

————

 

Farwell, who took over as Jaguars special teams coordinator 17 days after the Bills' playoff loss, was asked if he was haunted by the end of the game and what he might have done differently.

 

"I get that question all the time," Farwell smiled. "To be perfectly honest with you, it’s in the past. I don’t worry about that. Honestly, my answer to that is that’s a question for the Buffalo Bills and Sean McDermott. It’s in the past. I don’t deal with that, to be honest with you.

"That's part of the way I live my life. It’s going forward, and what we’re doing here. I’m loving the guys I work with here. I got a great appreciation for the players there. I had fantastic players, still good friends of mine that I talk to all the time. But down here, I’m trying to build something down here special. That’s what it's about for me. I move on. I honestly don’t think twice about it."

 

————-

 

Umm, Heath, I “honestly” don’t believe.you.  Dolt.

 

I think he handled this as best as you would want,  did not throw Sean under the bus and basically avoided answering 

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

It it true. It is in the past, and it is a question for the Bills really. It is not for a coach who has left to start publicising details about something where the Bills have clearly said they don't want to get into specifics in the public domain. If he had done that it would have been a dick move. 

I respectfully disagree with you, in which he was in effect fired for his part in the now infamous “13 seconds”

sure it’s in the past, everything is in the past nearly instantly, it is quite obvious that the Bills blamed him for the incident, and he paid for it with his job and reputation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Don Otreply said:

I respectfully disagree with you, in which he was in effect fired for his part in the now infamous “13 seconds”

sure it’s in the past, everything is in the past nearly instantly, it is quite obvious that the Bills blamed him for the incident, and he paid for it with his job and reputation. 

 

So what do you disagree with exactly? Do you think he should have commented on something that the Bills have clearly been unwilling to talk about specifics of in public? Surely you don't think that would have been preferable? Because unless you do think that then you agree he is right - this is a question for the Bills. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I respectfully disagree with you, in which he was in effect fired for his part in the now infamous “13 seconds”

sure it’s in the past, everything is in the past nearly instantly, it is quite obvious that the Bills blamed him for the incident, and he paid for it with his job and reputation. 

Even with that ***** up, they ***** up the three plays after in ridiculous fashion…. Even with two TOs to figure out a proper defense.

 

IMO the special teams coach is down the line of people to blame… way behind both McDermott and Frazier.

Edited by ScottLaw
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the answer he is giving which is both true and false at the same time. He has moved past it and is on to his next venture. The truth of what happened in that situation is only known by those directly involved. In truth, the situation is over. Rehashing it constantly is counterproductive and really doesn't have relevance to the present. You learn from it and move on. 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I respectfully disagree with you, in which he was in effect fired for his part in the now infamous “13 seconds”

sure it’s in the past, everything is in the past nearly instantly, it is quite obvious that the Bills blamed him for the incident, and he paid for it with his job and reputation. 

 

He was a convenient fall guy for McD's decisions. 

 

He's not going to say as much if asked.

  • Agree 4
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, billsherd said:

He talks about how he loves the players and still in touch with them but nothing about the coaching staff? 

Yea… seemed like a dig at the coaching staff/McD who seemingly threw him under the bus for those 13 seconds of failure.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I respectfully disagree with you, in which he was in effect fired for his part in the now infamous “13 seconds”

sure it’s in the past, everything is in the past nearly instantly, it is quite obvious that the Bills blamed him for the incident, and he paid for it with his job and reputation. 


you don’t get all the way to “and now he should have to publicly address it today” with all that though. 
 

likely because that’s a jump and reasonable to say it’s not something he needs to do

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

 

So what do you disagree with exactly? Do you think he should have commented on something that the Bills have clearly been unwilling to talk about specifics of in public? Surely you don't think that would have been preferable? Because unless you do think that then you agree he is right - this is a question for the Bills. 

I disagree that he was being honest in his response to the question about his role or his feelings, I am not saying he should have said something else, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...