Jump to content

STHs beware


Mr Info
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If I buy a product, then I should be able to use that product however I want to ... including re-selling it for a profit.

The libertarian in me agrees - however the alternative is that the seller can put any limitations they want into contracts.  Would you like it if the Bills said, use of tickets cannot be assigned without the seller's  written permission?  

Edited by DasNootz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I certainly do and am glad to see a team take this step.

 

29 minutes ago, chongli said:

 

i think @1ManRaid was saying he didn't see a problem with the actions the Packers were taking to prevent this.

 

Yeah I realized afterwards that my phrasing might confuse someone, but it was too late.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Use chip card for season ticket holders.

Can't sell the ticket to anyone, unless it's someone they trust to give it back ie: friends and family.

 

If the holder doesn't want to use it, they can get a 1game refund that the team can re-sell that week.

 

Easy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Use chip card for season ticket holders.

Can't sell the ticket to anyone, unless it's someone they trust to give it back ie: friends and family.

 

If the holder doesn't want to use it, they can get a 1game refund that the team can re-sell that week.

 

Easy.

 

I think that's taking it to the opposite extreme.

 

The Packers arent saying folks cant resell at all. They are just targeting STHs who sell all of the games and are essentially acting as ticket brokerage middle-men.

 

STHs should always have the ability to sell/transfer tickers for individual games without having to turn their tickets into the team.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If I buy a product, then I should be able to use that product however I want to ... including re-selling it for a profit.

 

Not if the seller of the product places restrictions upon purchase.  The devil is in the details; I could see the Packers facing some lawsuits if there is nothing in the prior STH purchase agreement about limiting resale of tickets.

 

That said, I would fully support a STH agreement in Buffalo that limits the resale of tickets at a certain level.  You just have to tell people what the limits are and then they make their own decisions.

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems like a slam dunk decision by the team. They have a bunch of fans on a wait list who actually want to go to the games. They have the right to revoke those tickets, and they exercised that right. Good for them.

  • Like (+1) 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

another thing to remember here is GB has a long line of people wanting to score a Season ticket. 

For someone to buy Season Tickets for the sole purpose of making profit is essentially robbing that/those tickets from someone waiting of the list.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

Well, you can save the slippery slope argument for another day. I'm not that worried about it. Teams already have the ability to not let people renew for whatever reason they deem fit. That is their right. So there really isnt a precedent being set here. Just exercising an option that has always existed.

 

 

Yeah, they already can and do revoke seats for selling to some ####### who ends up pouring a beer over someone's head - something impossible to predict.

1 minute ago, BTB said:

No offense to Bills fans, but with a waiting list of 140,000 fans for Packers ST, is there any question as to who has the most loyal fanbase?

 

Come back and talk when we're on year 30 of having a first ballot HOFer at QB.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BTB said:

No offense to Bills fans, but with a waiting list of 140,000 fans for Packers ST, is there any question as to who has the most loyal fanbase?



Not at all

 

IT'S THE BILLS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

I think that's taking it to the opposite extreme.

 

The Packers arent saying folks cant resell at all. They are just targeting STHs who sell all of the games and are essentially acting as ticket brokerage middle-men.

 

STHs should always have the ability to sell/transfer tickers for individual games without having to turn their tickets into the team.

It sounds to me that those people also didn't lose all their tickets. The Packers just took away some of their tickets. So, if someone was buying eight season tickets and reselling 6 of those 8 seats for profit, while still attending the games each week, the Packers just took away the 6 seats they were just reselling. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

It sounds to me that those people also didn't lose all their tickets. The Packers just took away some of their tickets. So, if someone was buying eight season tickets and reselling 6 of those 8 seats for profit, while still attending the games each week, the Packers just took away the 6 seats they were just reselling. 

 

Hmm, I think I like that less.

 

I'd have to get access to a lot more information, but off the top of my head, playing Message Board COO...

 

I think I'd draw a line at 4 or 5 games. If the STHs show up for half the games, I dont care what they do with the other half. Things come up, whatever. They're at least trying to show up for some.

 

If they resell more than half the games, I think I have our Ticket team reach out to them and see what's up. Maybe we get them into a different ticket package and open up their seats to someone on the waiting list.

 

If the STH doesnt respond to the Ticket team, and they are selling 6-All games for 2 seasons in a row, then I'm revoking the tickets.

 

I'm making this up on the fly tho, but you catch my drift.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

Hmm, I think I like that less.

 

I'd have to get access to a lot more information, but off the top of my head, playing Message Board COO...

 

I think I'd draw a line at 4 or 5 games. If the STHs show up for half the games, I dont care what they do with the other half. Things come up, whatever. They're at least trying to show up for some.

 

If they resell more than half the games, I think I have our Ticket team reach out to them and see what's up. Maybe we get them into a different ticket package and open up their seats to someone on the waiting list.

 

If the STH doesnt respond to the Ticket team, and they are selling 6-All games for 2 seasons in a row, then I'm revoking the tickets.

 

I'm making this up on the fly tho, but you catch my drift.

That last part is what I said though. They have 8 total seats for each game. 6 of them they just automatically resell while still using the last two for themselves. The team takes away the 6 seats they are just reselling every game. They get to keep the two they are actually using. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

If I buy a product, then I should be able to use that product however I want to ... including re-selling it for a profit.

 

Isn't there something on the back in the real fine print that says something about not being allowed to sell over face value?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

That last part is what I said though. They have 8 total seats for each game. 6 of them they just automatically resell while still using the last two for themselves. The team takes away the 6 seats they are just reselling every game. They get to keep the two they are actually using. 

 

Right. What I'm saying is, if they are selling 6 and can't provide my ticket reps with good reason, or it is a pattern over a number of years, I'm taking away ALL of the tickets. I'm reclaiming those seats and opening them up to the waiting list.

 

The folks who lost their seats can buy tickets twice a year when they want to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

 

Isn't there something on the back in the real fine print that says something about not being allowed to sell over face value?

With e-tix not certain there is fine print about that. In my post on p.1, I quoted the T&C for Season Ticket Members and it appears tix can be re-sold. The restrictions for Packers STHs does not apply to Bills STHs. That is my opinion.

a) STM shall not sell, assign, sublease, pledge, or otherwise transfer or encumber the Agreement or any of the STM’s rights and obligations under the Agreement, without the prior written consent of the Bills. Any attempted sale, assignment, sublease, pledge, transfer or encumbrance in contravention of the foregoing shall be null and void and of no effect. This shall not be construed to restrain STM’s ability to resell individual tickets.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

If I buy a product, then I should be able to use that product however I want to ... including re-selling it for a profit.

Silly Boy

You’re the little guy. You only exist to make the rich richer…… you’re supposed to be the price gouge-ee, NOT the gouger.

😉

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Silly Boy

You’re the little guy. You only exist to make the rich richer…… you’re supposed to be the price gouge-ee, NOT the gouger.

😉

 

I can barely afford single game tickets now!!  

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...