Rd 2, Pick 63 (31): RB James Cook, Georgia

Hapless Bills Fan

On 5/25/2022 at 10:34 AM, CapeBreton said:

My expectations are much much lower than Alvin Kamara, that is way too high. I'm expecting JC to run about 90-100 times a year and catch 75ish balls, I don't expect him to get the carries that Kamara does, I just have concerns about Cook's size and ability to be durable if he sees a lot of action.  

Nothing wrong with this take,  however I believe JC is the nickname of Jamison Crowder based on Allens interview the other day. Hopefully they aren't both JC.

That would be 2 JCs, 1 TD Jesus and a punt God.

Blasphemy!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Nothing wrong with this take,  however I believe JC is the nickname of Jamison Crowder based on Allens interview the other day. Hopefully they aren't both JC.

That would be 2 JCs, 1 TD Jesus and a punt God.

Blasphemy!!!

Bro this is freaking hilarious 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Nice burst  to the gap and beyond ! 

Very enthusiastic for this Kid to get rolling quickly.
Feel bad about Moss though.
Both Devin and Moss had a less than stellar blocking game in front of them. Would have liked Kromer last year.
Cook will be a beast with his all around game ! Blitz blocking pickups he will have to learn asap

• Like (+1) 2

I think Cook will be a weapon in the passing game and surprise many in the run game.  In a less than dynamic offense vs good defenses he was a difference maker.  In an offense that provides plenty of space underneath, Cook will produce big.  Is he going to be a traditional back?  No.  Reggie Bush in NO Superbowl season comes to mind.

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Nice burst  to the gap and beyond ! 

Very enthusiastic for this Kid to get rolling quickly.
Feel bad about Moss though.
Both Devin and Moss had a less than stellar blocking game in front of them. Would have liked Kromer last year.
Cook will be a beast with his all around game ! Blitz blocking pickups he will have to learn asap

True, but ok they blitz.  Is he one on with who?  If he beats him bye bye.  Allen has shown the ability to make the first guy look stupid.  Now you have a guy underneath who can take an easy pass 50 plus.  

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve been watching some reaction videos of the Bills Pats playoff game on YT in recent weeks…..everyone was shocked at how good motor was.  Most of the YTers called him a stud.  I think he’s going to be our best RB this year by a wide margin.  He wasn’t just an average back at the end of the season.  He was dam good. 

Cook is the bigger TD threat, while Singletary is MUCH better at making people miss and maximizing each rush.  

20 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Nice one cut, then puts his foot in the ground.

Not just a receiving threat

they all put their feet in the ground

8 minutes ago, Special K said:

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 3:53 AM, NewEra said:

I’ve been watching some reaction videos of the Bills Pats playoff game on YT in recent weeks…..everyone was shocked at how good motor was.  Most of the YTers called him a stud.  I think he’s going to be our best RB this year by a wide margin.  He wasn’t just an average back at the end of the season.  He was dam good. 

Cook is the bigger TD threat, while Singletary is MUCH better at making people miss and maximizing each rush.  

2021 Motor: 188 for 870yds / 4.6avg / 7TD’s

2022 JA#17: 122 for 763yds / 6.3avg / 6TD’s

He wasn’t our best RB in 2021-2022 but I sure hope he is this season.  Daboll ran JA way to much, it’s just not sustainable if you want your QB to stay healthy.  

• Eyeroll 1

18 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

As of this moment JA is still our short yardage RB because we don’t have one on the roster.  Me no likey 

I think they hang onto Moss and use him in primarily short yardage situations in the reg season. Hopefully his lack of vision is less of an issue with the new Oline scheme and he can shoulder the wear and tear Josh has been taking in these situations in the past.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

2021 Motor: 188 for 870yds / 4.6avg / 7TD’s

2022 JA#17: 122 for 763yds / 6.3avg / 6TD’s

He wasn’t our best RB in 2021-2022 but I sure hope he is this season.  Daboll ran JA way to much, it’s just not sustainable if you want your QB to stay healthy.  

Josh allen isn’t a running back…..so yes, Motor was our best running back last season. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/30/2022 at 9:53 PM, NewEra said:

But can Dorsey call a running game? That is the elephant in the room that no one speaks of...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.