Rd 2, Pick 63 (31): RB James Cook, Georgia

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I see.....so what this really is about you have your head up Breece Hall's ass

Sorry....he is a jet now....you will def get to see your boy twice a year.  Hopefully him and his 800 carries will hold up so he can make you happy

Check the draft day thread. I said many on this board thought Hall was a 1st rd. talent, myself not included.

What the hell did you even read? Lol

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

tell me then What is the difference between 

Breece Hall 4:39

and 

James Cook 4:42

You actually think .03 is the difference between Elite speed and not Elite speed? That what you're saying?

Or should we of gotten Tariq Woolen ran a 4:26 .16 faster then Cook? Should we of gotten Tariq Woolen in round 5? 

IMO, I would’ve taken Breece at 25 and chosen Coby Bryant later. He was the Jim Thorpe award winner (best collegiate CB). His measurables are comparable to Elam. 

6 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

To me Dalvin and James look exactly alike 

Maybe in how they move, but Dalvin is 20 lbs heavier, but not quite as fast. (Assuming you can believe anything on the internet 🤷‍♂️)

In todays NFL, I’m not sure if lighter and faster isn’t better going forward. NO, I am NOT saying James will be better than Dalvin, just commenting on how the game is shifting. Between Cook and a couple other hybrid type picks, I just wonder if we are not ahead of the curve on how the game is changing. 

Or, we guessed wrong on the trend and we’re screwed………

😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

IMO, I would’ve taken Breece at 25 and chosen Coby Bryant later. He was the Jim Thorpe award winner (best collegiate CB). His measurables are comparable to Elam. 

I think Elam is better for the need. 

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think Elam is better for the need. 

I’ll let Beane split the vote and call it a day.   :)

Nothing against anyone in particular, but some people have draft day grudges that go back decades! Chill out! It happened, and it’s over and we have moved on. Life is good! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Bryant has 4.54 speed.  Plus the last good JT winner was Eric Berry in 2009. 

46 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

30 lb difference 

According to the nfl prospect pages cook is 199 and hall is 217 so 18 lbs.

We were comparing speed anyway.

Hall was taken 27 spots ahead of cook.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mat68 said:

IReggie Bush as a Saint was a problem.  

Reggie bush as a Bill was also a problem, but not quite in the same way

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Nothing against anyone in particular, but some people have draft day grudges that go back decades! Chill out! It happened, and it’s over and we have moved on. Life is good! 

As to the bolded: speak for yourself!

Posted (edited)

I'm glad Beane took Cook, he's the piece the offense has been missing. A legit dual threat RB/WR with speed to make defenses pay for covering with a LBer and also doubling Diggs. He's in Rich Eisen's top 5 sneaky good picks. Spoiler Alert....He's #1.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I'm glad Beane took Cook, he's the piece the offense has been missing. A legit dual threat RB/WR with speed to make defenses pay for covering with a LBer and also doubling Diggs. He's in Rich Eisen's top 5 sneaky good picks. Spoiler Alert....He's #1.

I do like the pick. He seems to be a nice addition to the offense. However, let's see the kid play in the NFL. Let's see how is going to be used, how much playing time he gets, and how effective or ineffective he will be. Remember the hype in KC when they picked CEH. So far, he hasn't lived up to expectations. After all, he was a RB by committee in GA and not even remotely close to a 1st round prospect. Let's wait and see...

15 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I do like the pick. He seems to be a nice addition to the offense. However, let's see the kid play in the NFL. Let's see how is going to be used, how much playing time he gets, and how effective or ineffective he will be. Remember the hype in KC when they picked CEH. So far, he hasn't lived up to expectations. After all, he was a RB by committee in GA and not even remotely close to a 1st round prospect. Let's wait and see...

Good point but remember that Clyde Edwards-Helaire ran a 4.61 at the combine.

In that regard he and Cook are not really comparable.

Also CEH was a 1st round pick FWIW.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Good point but remember that Clyde Edwards-Helaire ran a 4.61 at the combine.

In that regard he and Cook are not really comparable.

Also CEH was a 1st round pick FWIW.

I think the hype for CEH in KC seems pretty similar to the hype Cook is getting from Bills fans now. CEH was supposed to be their dynamic RB catching the ball. Giving KC another offensive weapon for defenses to worry about. Sound familiar? The two in of itself don't really equate for various reasons. Point being, I'd just like to tone down the rhetoric that Cook is going to make this offense so dangerous. Folks it's Allen's offense with a sold Oline that will make the difference. Cook as a rookie will likely have a tiny effect on the overall offense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

how can a 2nd round pick be considered sneaky? What is a sneaky pick anyway?

2 hours ago, nucci said:

how can a 2nd round pick be considered sneaky? What is a sneaky pick anyway?

Sneaky good pick. He defined it as a draft pick who didn't get as much national attention as the top picks, but can come in and make an immediate impact.

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Yet speed is the only thing on your mind that I can read from your posts

Okay, speed "is the only thing" on my mind concerning my dislike of where Cook was picked, that still doesn't explain where you came away with me wanting Breece Hall to be drafted.

I wanted the org. to hold off on drafting an RB high until next year's draft where at least two legit, 1st rd. talents might declare.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Augie said:

I hear ya, there is a lot of butt hurt fans when it comes to this sort of thing, kinda funny to read their laments…, oh well, life is indeed good,👍

21 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Okay, speed "is the only thing" on my mind concerning my dislike of where Cook was picked, that still doesn't explain where you came away with me wanting Breece Hall to be drafted.

I wanted the org. to hold off on drafting an RB high until next year's draft where at least two legit, 1st rd. talents might declare.

Not likely getting either at pick 32…, 

Edited by Don Otreply

8 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I think the hype for CEH in KC seems pretty similar to the hype Cook is getting from Bills fans now. CEH was supposed to be their dynamic RB catching the ball. Giving KC another offensive weapon for defenses to worry about. Sound familiar? The two in of itself don't really equate for various reasons. Point being, I'd just like to tone down the rhetoric that Cook is going to make this offense so dangerous. Folks it's Allen's offense with a sold Oline that will make the difference. Cook as a rookie will likely have a tiny effect on the overall offense. 

Curious why you think this? seeing as Beane tried to get a RB in free agency for this exact reason....  I'm thinking he has more of a role then you might think based on that alone.  as for it's Allen's offense of course it is it always will be, But having someone that can be a dump off option that has 4.4 speed makes Allens job easier...   That what Beane is trying to do...Here.  It's great having all world Allen but eventually he's going to get hurt if the current pace continues. Allen dumping to Cook for 9 yards is better than Josh rushing for 15 or even more.... IMHO. 

• Agree 2