Bills Draft Visit Spotlight- Isaiah Spiller Texas A&M RB

jethro_tull

It has been reported Texas A&M RB Isaiah Spiller will be a top 30 visit for the Bills.  

Basically I want the guy- and I hope the Bills pick him up somehow.  The current trend is that RB is not a value position but an elite workhorse runner has always served the Bills well in the past. 

This will come in handy as the Bills should start considering trying to reduce the mileage and wear and tear Josh Allen typically sees.  A gradual reduction through the seasons is highly recommended and Spiller seems like a long term answer.  High value in my opinion.  

Watch this video and see who he reminds you of.  Not elite explosiveness but deceptive moves, uncanny vision of the field and great hands.  Gifted football instincts.  

Lets Go ! 

Draft Scouting Report

Rating: 83.37 (Long-term starter)

Pro Comparison: Miles Sanders

Strengths:

Big, thick feature back with dynamic cutting skills, high-end vision and contact balance. Very capable hands. Made difficult grabs down the field during his college career and can handle typical out-of-the-backfield duties. Stop-and-start skill is that of a scat back. His elusiveness is actually more impressive than his contact balance, but he rarely goes down on first contact. Often had to sneak through tiny cracks between the tackles. Can make defenders miss immediately after receiving the handoff. Awareness is great. Has the eyes and flexibility to do it. Amazing how he can find creases in the defense at his size.

Weaknesses:

Long speed leaves a lot to be desired. Not as explosive as some of the other top-tier backs in this class.

Accolades:

2021: AP All-SEC second team

2021: Fifth in SEC in rush yards (1,011)

Edited by jethro_tull
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 5

1 hour ago, Vickveto said:

Do this draft visit spotlight

Closest running back to J.D McKissic

I don't follow college ball so I don't know Cook.  But looking at his highlights, he seems to  have good speed and explosiveness.  He also seem to have to be a capable receiver out of the backfield.  But he doesn't seem particularly adept at breaking tackles or eluding them.  

You compared him to McKissic... maybe he'll be a good third down back at the NFL level.  I don't see him as a good NFL runner.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.