Saints-Eagles Trade Draft Picks

Process

3 minutes ago, Process said:

Most random trade ever? What are the Saints trying to do?

Why trade future first round picks when you don't have a QB and next year's class is supposed to be much better?

Clever move by the Saints.

They know they are going to be too far over the cap to even participate in the draft in 2023 and 2024 so getting picks while the getting is still good.

Reminds me of when George Allen traded the same pick twice.........

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/04/16/redskins-george-allen-traded-same-pick-twice-before-74-draft/

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Most random trade ever? What are the Saints trying to do?

Why trade future first round picks when you don't have a QB and next year's class is supposed to be much better?

Philadelphia had 3 1st this year. They’d rather have 2-2 spread over to years.

flipping 19 and 18 means 25 points to NO.

value of pick 16 is 1000 pts.

16 22= 1 2023 2nd 2024, 3rd this year.  2nd and 3rd make up fir the uncertainty of where next year 1st will be.  

the 6 for 7 flip balances it out.

New Orleans lost a starting tackle in the off season they need to draft and replace which is why they wanted this yr pick.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I think this shows the lack of talent in this draft at positions.  Saints need cheap labor.  

Yeah, I think trading for #16 and #19 says "We need to draft starters this year", whoever they might be. With the departures of Armstead, Williams and Jenkins they need a starting LT and 2 starting safeties just off the top of my head...

10 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Eagles kicking the can down the road for a better QB class?

100% this. I also think they were in a bit of a no man's land spot there, three picks so close together when the guys left on the board at that point are likely not to be their mist immediate "needs". I have struggled to find three viable selections for them when I've been mocking. 

Howie Roseman is a very good GM. This is a very good move.

They have big needs at WR OT and S and at 16 and 19 will be in good position to get two starters at those positions. 

Still, if Winston doesn't work out they are screwed.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Weak QB draft. It’s all about QB.

The Saints need one too..

14 minutes ago, Process said:

Random trade. What are the Saints trying to do?

Either get ammo for a trade up for a QB or they really like a few prospects see LT replacement for Armstead and another position.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I think this shows the lack of talent in this draft at positions.  Saints need cheap labor.  

How does it show the lack of talent in this draft?  The Saints just traded next year's first and a second to gain another first rounder this year...It makes sense for the Eagles because having three number ones can make their fifth-year option decisions very difficult...  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.