Jump to content

Who are your draft sleepers?


mannc
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Cherrypicking is fun isn't it?

 

Tyler Locket = tiny at any position

Russell Wilson = tiny qb

Bruce Irvin = tiny DE

Britt = tiny OL

 

Lockett = Slot receiver (size doesn't matter for slot receivers)

 

Justin Britt = Center (Centers are usually the smallest OL anyways)

 

Russell Wilson = no longer on the Seahawks, was traded away, has had friction with Caroll for years now (exactly my point)

Edited by FFadpecr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

So when I speak to guys who speak to teams that is not what I hear. 

 

Feel free to take a victory lap if it happens. But I hope you will also appear here to eat humble pie if it doesn't.

 

Uh huh.

 

Because this isn't Smokescreen Season or anything like that.

 

Teams don't try to mislead the public during Draft Season or anything like that.

 

Teams don't try to hide who they REALLY like, or anything like that.

 

Nah man, smokescreens don't happen at all leading up to the draft. Everything that you hear, all the rumors, are 100% true.(sarcasm)

 

If team likes Player X, I'm sure that team will scream out "We love Player X" from the mountaintops so that the other 31 NFL teams know exactly who they are targeting and coveting.

 

Totally dude. You got me.

 

*facepalm*

 

 

Edited by FFadpecr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

 

Uh huh.

 

Because this isn't Smokescreen Season or anything like that.

 

Teams don't try to mislead the public during Draft Season or anything like that.

 

Teams don't try to hide who they REALLY like, or anything like that.

 

Nah man, smokescreens don't happen at all leading up to the draft. Everything that you hear, all the rumors, are 100% true.(sarcasm)

 

If team likes Player X, I'm sure that team will scream out "We love Player X" from the mountaintops so that the other 31 NFL teams know exactly who they are targeting and coveting.

 

Totally dude. You got me.

 

*facepalm*

 

 

 

I think you are wrong just as much as you think you are right and not one thing you have said is persuasive. 

 

As I say, come back on April 28th and if Strong goes top 10 I will applaud you around your victory lap. If he doesn't though..... don't do a disappearing act.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Pete Carroll loves BIG players with prototypical size. He's an old-school Coach who covets Size - "Big people beat up little people" is what he ascribes to.

 

Immobile pocket passers are no longer seen as 1st round talents, especially ones with a big medical red flag like Strong. I could see the Seahawks taking a flyer on him in the 2nd round which is the range where Drew Lock was drafted. The chances of him being drafted in the 1st are next to nothing. I think Corral, Willis, and Pickett will be the only 1st round QBs this year. I hope you're right though, the more QBs drafted before our pick the more good players get pushed down the board.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If a team loves a QB and believes he's a Franchise QB, they either 1) take him as soon as possible OR 2) trade UP to get QB even sooner.

 

You don't risk trading down and simply "hoping" he's still available later. THIS IS SIMPLY NOT HOW IT WORKS. We are talking about a Franchise QB here.

 

If the Seahawks love Carson Strong, which I firmly believe they do, they will simply draft him 9th overall and secure said Franchise QB. Period.

 

When it comes to coveted NFL Franchise QBs, teams don't play around. Teams don't say to themselves "Well let's trade down, cross our fingers, and hope our coveted Franchise QB is still on the board later on"

 

No no no - That is not how it works.  Not at all.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@FFadpecr I'll give you props for having a solid opinion on this. I'm a big believer in needing to have confidence in your draft opinions. I've been very outspoken over the years here on Tebow, DK, Zach Moss, Ed Oliver and others, so props to you for your conviction. 


That said, the fact that you're unwilling to even acknowledge my bet offers leads me to believe you're either doing an elaborate troll job here, or, more likely, not as convinced as you're projecting (using a random intern suggesting they take him in the 2nd isn't helping your case either). 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2022 at 6:51 PM, MrEpsYtown said:


I love McCall. Just beat the heck out of Tyler Linderbaum in the Iowa game. He isn’t just a big plugger.

He seems to be an enigma.  NFL Draft Buz has him running a 4.55 at 6'3" and 346 lbs.  I'm not sure if I believe that.  It should be impossible for a guy that big to move that fast.  The scouting report does have some negatives.  He's not seen as much of a pass rush threat (which he absolutely should be if he can move that fast).  

 

I have not seen Cam Taylor-Britt mentioned, though I might have missed it.  Taylor-Britt is about Tre White's size with maybe a bit more body mass.  He runs a sub 4.4 and can play safety or CB.  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Christian Watson, not really a sleeper anymore now that he's being mocked in rd 1. But this wr class is so deep I think his freak size and speed are getting a little over shadowed. If he got paired with a good veteran wr to learn from and a good QB to throw to him he could be everything the chargers hope Mike Williams will finally be.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

 

Immobile pocket passers are no longer seen as 1st round talents, especially ones with a big medical red flag like Strong. I could see the Seahawks taking a flyer on him in the 2nd round which is the range where Drew Lock was drafted. The chances of him being drafted in the 1st are next to nothing. I think Corral, Willis, and Pickett will be the only 1st round QBs this year. I hope you're right though, the more QBs drafted before our pick the more good players get pushed down the board.

 

 

Mac Jones literally 1 year ago.

 

Matt Stafford just won the Super Bowl. If Strong is an "immobile pocket passer" then so is Stafford, who is the reigning SB winning QB and is headed for the HOF after a few more strong regular seasons. Stafford leans toward the "immobile" side of NFL QBs, as does Strong.

 

Strong has elite pocket awareness and pocket manipulation. Pocket manipulation has nothing to do with athleticism.

 

 

Mac Jones = #15 overall pick in 2021

 

Old-school coach Belichick drafts old-school QB in Top 15.

 

Now take Mac Jones' body, and attach Justin Herbert's right arm to it - you get Carson Strong. 

 

Strong is Mac Jones with Arm Talent. Basically, he's a much more talented Mac Jones.

 

Carroll = Old-School Coach

Strong = Old-School QB 

 

Put 2 and 2 together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I think Corral, Willis, and Pickett will be the only 1st round QBs this year. 

 

 

You must have been the person who thought Baker, Darnold, and Rosen were better prospects than Allen in 2018.

 

Corral is an undersized, thin-framed college System QB. He essentially is Baker Mayfield.

 

Willis is Sam Darnold as a passer, Jalen Hurts as a runner. 

 

Pickett has 8.5" hands, is a 1 Year Wonder with 3 mediocre seasons before 2021, has poor pocket awareness, chokes in big spots.

 

Let me make analogies from this draft to the 2018 draft.

 

Willis - Darnold

Corral - Baker

Pickett - Rosen

 

Strong - J Allen

 

Learn from your past mistakes. Get it right this time. Don't repeat the same mistake you made.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Mac Jones literally 1 year ago.

 

Mac Jones is not a statue in the pocket. He isn't especially mobile but he can move. The book on Strong is that he is almost completely immobile because of surgeries to his right knee. As immobile as Matt Ryan or Philip Rivers. That type of QB isn't valued in the modern NFL.

 

I don't have a dog in this fight, Strong might be a great NFL QB when all is said and done, but you're the only one I've seen pegging him as a 1st round QB let alone a top 10 QB. The medical red flag alone will drop him.

Just now, FFadpecr said:

Strong - J Allen

 

This is an awful comparison. Allen is a much much better athlete. Even if Strong reaches his ceiling he will never be able to do some of the things Allen does to escape pressure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

 

Mac Jones is not a statue in the pocket. He isn't especially mobile but he can move. The book on Strong is that he is almost completely immobile because of surgeries to his right knee. As immobile as Matt Ryan or Philip Rivers. That type of QB isn't valued in the modern NFL.

 

I don't have a dog in this fight, Strong might be a great NFL QB when all is said and done, but you're the only one I've seen pegging him as a 1st round QB let alone a top 10 QB. The medical red flag alone will drop him.

 

This is an awful comparison. Allen is a much much better athlete. Even if Strong reaches his ceiling he will never be able to do some of the things Allen does to escape pressure.

 

 

You miss the point. 

 

Strong = Franchise QB

 

Allen = Franchise QB

 

All the other guys are not NFL Franchise QBs.

 

I am not saying Strong will be as good as Allen; I am saying Strong will come out of this draft as an NFL Franchise QB; those other guys you mentioned will not, just like Baker/Darnold/Rosen did not.

 

The NFL comparison for Carson Strong is a clutch Carson Palmer.

 

Carson Palmer was an NFL Franchise QB. Go back and look what Palmer did with Bruce Arians and the Cardinals. That's Strong in the NFL, especially with Carroll.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2022 at 5:08 PM, GolfandBills said:

Rachaad White 

 

I could see Rachaad White getting into the third round, similar to Antonio Gibson going much higher than projected in 2020.

 

I'm gonna throw WR Michael Woods II out there as a sleeper, probably won't go until late but I think he'll be a decent pro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FFadpecr said:

 

 

You miss the point. 

 

Strong = Franchise QB

 

Allen = Franchise QB

 

All the other guys are not NFL Franchise QBs.

 

I am not saying Strong will be as good as Allen; I am saying Strong will come out of this draft as an NFL Franchise QB; those other guys you mentioned will not, just like Baker/Darnold/Rosen did not.

 

The NFL comparison for Carson Strong is a clutch Carson Palmer.

 

Carson Palmer was an NFL Franchise QB. Go back and look what Palmer did with Bruce Arians and the Cardinals. That's Strong in the NFL, especially with Carroll.

For probably the 10th time, you're clearly very convinced with all of this, why not put some money behind it? Or at the very least, please stop talking to everyone else like we're the ones who look crazy, when you're coming here with the NFL Draft version of screaming "lizard people control the world". 


Like Gunner said, we're as convinced that you're wrong as you're convinced that you're right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2022 at 3:40 PM, Magnum Force said:

Tariq Wollen CB

Tyquan Thorton WR

 

Tyquan Thorton WR might be a steal on day 3 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...