Who are your draft sleepers?

mannc

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

One other is Isaiah Likely from Coastal Carolina. I study their stuff and have stolen a bunch of their plays for my high school team. That dude can play. Reminds me a bit of Charles Clay before we signed him and he started to suck. 

This is a good call. Super athletic kid with a basketball background as well(I think). Made a lot of big plays, but still growing into his frame and an iffy blocker. Watched some highlights a couple days ago. I think he had like 12 or 13 TD's this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

Daniel Bellinger TE San Diego state. Good measurables (6'5" 253lbs), good blocker, soft hands, RAS score of 9.49. Late round pick.

Also Zander Horvath RB (FB) Purdue. Like him to replace Moss and Gilliam. 1 player, 2 spots filled. 

Edited by LyndonvilleBill
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, H2o said:

I actually think Velus Jones Jr. can end up being a really productive WR in the NFL. He's got fantastic speed and put up solid numbers with a meh QB against SEC competition. I also think he will make an impact in the return game as well. 

I love this one...I mean, we have to add a return man at some point, don't we?  Or are we just hoping the league outlaws kickoffs and punts?

Cole Strange in Rd isn't a sleeper but I like him a lot as a middle rd pick. John Ridgeway is a massive 1 tech that should be available around Rd 5. Tyquan Thornton is a speedster with good RAC ability and Matt Hankins is a Cb who was snubbed for the combine but looks good to me as a later rd pick. 

16 minutes ago, mannc said:

I love this one...I mean, we have to add a return man at some point, don't we?  Or are we just hoping the league outlaws kickoffs and punts?

This is what I was going to say... If you're drafting Velus Jones as anything other than a kick returner and maybe a gadget player, you're expecting too much. BUT, he certainly could be dynamic in that role.

He's not ever going to be a routinely effective WR, though, so expectations should be tempered and value and price adjusted accordingly...

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Buddy Nix used to sleep through free agency and the draft 

All joking aside Marv Levy LITERALLY slept through the big pre-draft meeting with all of the scouts when he was the “GM.” They were discussing prospects and he slept for a couple of hours. He woke up, flipped ahead about 230 pages to the current prospect and began doing calisthenics. 100% true story 

I’m not sure what classifies as a sleeper but Calvin Austin has traits of big time NFL players. Wan’Dale Robinson and Rachaad White are guys that I like too.  Coby Bryant is a guy that isn’t getting enough attention either imo. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I actually think Velus Jones Jr. can end up being a really productive WR in the NFL. He's got fantastic speed and put up solid numbers with a meh QB against SEC competition. I also think he will make an impact in the return game as well. 

Yeah guys like Velus Jones or Kyle Phillips (UCLA) would be nice slot/ return guys that wouldn't cost you an early pick.  Also CB Zyon McCollom (Sam Houston St) looks interesting late.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

Cole Strange in Rd isn't a sleeper but I like him a lot as a middle rd pick. John Ridgeway is a massive 1 tech that should be available around Rd 5. Tyquan Thornton is a speedster with good RAC ability and Matt Hankins is a Cb who was snubbed for the combine but looks good to me as a later rd pick. 

The thing that bothers me about Strange is that he’s old. That’s fine when you are a finished product, but he is raw and old. He is like 8 months younger than Ryan Bates. Something like that. But I do like Strange. 

Sterling Weatherford - S, Miamia(OH)

Jeffrey Gunter - DE, Coastal Caroline

Marquan McCall - DT, Kentucky 

*note - this while I like these players I don't know if the DE or DT would fit our scheme. Weatherford would be great as a big Nickle option.

Edited by Rk_Bills86
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A lot of the guys being mentioned will go in round 2 or 3. Dulcich, McCollum will go 3 or 4. Cole Strange round 3. Isaiah Likely is either 2 or 3. Someone give me the late round sleepers. Guys that have been hardly mentioned yet by the talking heads 

2 minutes ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

Sterling Weatherford - S, Miamia(OH)

Jeffrey Gunter - DE, Coastal Caroline

Marquan McCall - DT, Kentucky 

*note - this while I like these players I don't know if the DE or DT would fit our scheme. Weatherford would be great as a big Nickle option.

I love McCall. Just beat the heck out of Tyler Linderbaum in the Iowa game. He isn’t just a big plugger.

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I love McCall. Just beat the heck out of Tyler Linderbaum in the Iowa game. He isn’t just a big plugger.

I'm not knowledgeable enough on things like 3T vs 1T DTs and the intricacies, but my lord..... his highlights match his description 

"most of the times in which McCall is moved is on his own account when he is looking to disengage from blocks and continue in pursuit to the football" Crabbs - The Draft Network.

Dude just walks back anyone in a 1v1 situation and has really great initial burst. He's projected as a true NT for a 3-4 but that could just be due to his size. I'm unsure what to make of him if you were to ask him to play in a 4-3. I'm not really sure what on O-line would do looking at Ed Oliver with this behemoth next to him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

I'm not knowledgeable enough on things like 3T vs 1T DTs and the intricacies, but my lord..... his highlights match his description 

"most of the times in which McCall is moved is on his own account when he is looking to disengage from blocks and continue in pursuit to the football" Crabbs - The Draft Network.

Dude just walks back anyone in a 1v1 situation and has really great initial burst. He's projected as a true NT for a 3-4 but that could just be due to his size. I'm unsure what to make of him if you were to ask him to play in a 4-3. I'm not really sure what on O-line would do looking at Ed Oliver with this behemoth next to him.

Yeah he’s not trying hold his gap and protect linebackers…he’s looking to physically demolish whoever is in front of him. That plays anywhere imo. 

I think Max Borghi is a guy who might be a sneaky target for the Bills.  He seems like a value pass catching back who can be grabbed day 3. I think RB is a need for the Bills this draft but I don't think it's a need I would want to spend a high draft pick on.

He's also said he's spoken to the Bills a few times.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, mannc said:

Who are guys you've watched in college who aren't getting a lot of pre-draft buzz, but you think are going to be good pros, for the Bills or for some other team?  I'll start:

BJ Baylor, RB, Oregon State: Redshirt Jr this year...led the Pac 12 in rushing (1337 yards and 5.9 ypc)...listed at 5'11'' and 200 pounds but looks and plays a lot bigger. Downhill runner with a really nice burst who breaks a ton of tackles...only 8 catches this year.  Go watch his game tape against USC...he was a force.  For some reason, Baylor was not invited to the NFL Combine.  Participated in OSU's pro day yesterday but his 40 time has not been published.  I'd expect it is 4.55 or better.  Would be a great day 3 pick-up for the Bills as he has an element that their current stable of backs don't have.  

Watched his highlights.  Seems to do a great job at being patient for the hole to open.   And fast

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.