Four Years of Josh, Four Years of Great Moments

corta765

We have been lucky enough to have Josh as our QB for four years now which has created some great moments. I am curious what are some of your favorite or top 4 if you want. These are mine:

1. His play in the KC 2022 divisional game- The loss hurts no way around it. BUT the saving grace for me walking out was our guy put on a show that very few have done. I have never seen a QB run and legitimately injure defenders as he went on his way. His resolve gives me belief that he will win us a title and despite such a gut wrenching ending he will finish the job for us.

2. Rams game winning drive 2020-cemented he had evolved into a true elite QB to me

3. at Pats win 2021- Established he was the alpha for real and the division ran through him moving forward

4. Dallas 2019 4th down- It was the play America got a look at what we all had realized for bit that the dude was different. Also watching him take apart Dallas was just freaking satisfying as hell

honorable mentions:

at Miami 2018- That game sold me he would be fine as our QB. He was the best player on the field and while not fully polished he controlled that game. F U Charles Clay

at Minnesota 2018- The leap over Barr was amazing. I also kinda hope he stops doing that unless it is the SB which at that point I don't care what he feels the need to do.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Perfect game vs Pats has to be up there.

The amazing thing about Josh and this discussion is that once it starts, it keeps going and going.  The list of Josh's great plays already puts in the all-time greats in the category.  

There probably is no other player in the league who is legitimately in the running for best NFL play of the season for four consecutive seasons.   

Without looking through hours of video, just guessing, what players in the history of the league might we be able to say that about?  Jim Brown?   OJ, Sanders, and a few other running backs.  Jerry Rice and maybe a couple other receivers.   To be honest, probably no other quarterbacks, with the possible exceptions of Vick, Mahomes, Lamar, Russell Wilson, and Tarkenton.  Maybe Deion Sanders.  

Obviously, this is a stupid category for ranking players all-time, but Allen already is on the shortlist of guys who make spectacular plays in the NFL.  

7 minutes ago, julian said:

The group text I was in was going bonkers during that game, I walked away believing 17 was the best player in the league.

Interesting that you mention a group text.  I was at the game, and the fans around me, including me, were delirious.   Nobody could have imagined such a thing.   Sometime late in the game I turned to my seatmate and asked, "Have the Bills scored a touchdown on every possession?"   It couldn't be possible, could it?   And against the Patriots!   

"Unbelievable" is hopelessly overused, but not in this case.  It was unbelievable.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

It’s crazy the amount of records Josh has broken and highlights he’s turned in in just four seasons. 

I mean…he quarterbacked the only perfect offensive game in the HISTORY of the NFL. It’s almost impossible to comprehend that this really happened.

Hell, his jersey is already in the Hall of Fame. He’s 25!

And yet, despite all this…..it certainly feels like he’s not finished improving, and that he’s just getting started.

It is not hyperbole to say that his upside/ceiling is “best quarterback of all time”. His combination of physical talent and intangibles is THAT impressive.

Two nobody has mentioned yet:

- His TD throw to Diggs against Arizona that should’ve been the game winner. That throw — in that moment of the game — was a thing if absolute beauty.

- After losing his Grandma, he came out and DEMOLISHED the Seahawks. I know it was against a bad defense, but I don’t care. To play that well while grieving like he was, was an incredible thing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

27 minutes ago, Beast said:

The long throw his rookie year to Foster, against the Jags, stands out to me as well. Josh was being sandwiched and threw a 50 yard rope to Foster who took it the rest of the way.

Yep, that was the moment. I still don't know how he got that off. That play showed everything he is as a QB....and then add on to that his running abilities. Kid's a monster.

32 minutes ago, Beast said:

The long throw his rookie year to Foster, against the Jags, stands out to me as well. Josh was being sandwiched and threw a 50 yard rope to Foster who took it the rest of the way.

Jesus I forgot about that one. For a game that had really nothing at stake, because of the playoff game earlier in the year it was a super intense game and he balled out.

Here is one that is often forgotten because of the stupid "Hail Murray" - That last go ahead TD drive against the Cardinals in 2020.  In that drive you had the one handed sideline catch by Beasley which was probably Cole's best catch as a Bill, followed by the TD throw to Diggs which, considering the stakes and the difficulty of the throw, might be the best pass of Allen's career up to this point.

Edited by butch rolle
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Beast said:

Yep.  I was like, "Holy sh*#! This kid is a freak!" watching that play.  

Juking Alonso (i think it was him) out of his shoes was also an early "WOW!!!  LMAO!!!" moment for me.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Beast said:

Obviously, you touched a nerve with this one.  Every time I see that play and watch the release, I wonder how it was possible to throw that pass.  It looks miraculous, like a cartoon of the road runner disappearing into a cloud of dust, and then the ball comes out. 

6 minutes ago, butch rolle said:

might be the best pass of Allen's career up to this point.

The whole point is that there are five ten or more possible "best passes of his career," and the collection of the five or ten already is among the best 5 or 10 of any QB in NFL history. 

And, we could have the same debate about the top 5 or 10 best RUNS, and that collection already is among the 5 or 10 best runs of any QB in NFL history.

Amazing.  

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Jesus I forgot about that one. For a game that had really nothing at stake, because of the playoff game earlier in the year it was a super intense game and he balled out.

Josh just had to prove to Jalen Ramsey he wasn't trash and that throw did that as pretty sure after the game he recanted his comments. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.