New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

4 hours ago, nucci said:

if they had an individual owner who wanted to move the team to a bigger market, I'm sure they could get the votes needed

Packers are a corporation owned by the public via stock with no resell rights.

It is set up that they can not move. They could only dissolve the corporation and no longer exist. Players would be dispersed in draft. Or maybe they would make a rule they can go to new expansion team. 

NFL grandfathered them in and no other franchise is allowed to be public. NFL hates it as their business books are visible to the public as Packers must disclose financials being a corporation. This allows good insight into how all the other teams operate.

If they dissolve NFL would have a windfall. As they immediately likely award an expansion franchise for Billions to keep scheduling proper. 

There is debate if Packers can move is ongoing. I believe they would never get the votes from the 537k shareholders to approve a move as vast majority are Packer fans. But dissolve is a way around it maybe. But those pesky fans votes stand in the way.

Edited by cba fan

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Agree but point I was trying to make was about poster saying NFL probably wouldn't approve the Bills moving if sold after stadium was built. I disagreed with that

Your assumption is that the NFL has all it’s franchises in one whole league like it is? What if the top 10 US populations NFL teams want to go Global instead of Green Bay, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Cleveland? The Los Angeles and the Dallas owners could do it and there is little Terry Pegula can do about it either meet the minimum standard requirements of NFL Global League or he is out most likely given a buyout like the minor league baseball contractions to take the money than given the choice of running NFL2 domestic league or just folding the Buffalo Bills franchise. The NFL Global League can do that the Buffalo Bills need to meet the requirements like the Buffalo Bisons did or get contracted like the New York Penn League and Batavia Mutdogs went bye, bye. No Federal or Local Government is stopping that. They will huff and puff for political grandstanding but the sports business industry will do what they want and no one is stopping them. Just remember that keep up financially or get out is there business practices in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Packers are a corporation owned by the public via stock with no resell rights.

It is set up that they can not move. They could only dissolve the corporation and no longer exist. Players would be dispersed in draft. Or maybe they would make a rule they can go to new expansion team. 

NFL grandfathered them in and no other franchise is allowed to be public. NFL hates it as their business books are visible to the public as Packers must disclose financials being a corporation. This allows good insight into how all the other teams operate.

If they dissolve NFL would have a windfall. As they immediately likely award an expansion franchise for Billions to keep scheduling proper. 

There is debate if Packers can move is ongoing. I believe they would never get the votes from the 537k shareholders to approve a move as vast majority are Packer fans. But dissolve is a way around it maybe. But those pesky fans votes stand in the way.

it's why I said if they had an individual owner

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Your assumption is that the NFL has all it’s franchises in one whole league like it is? What if the top 10 US populations NFL teams want to go Global instead of Green Bay, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Cleveland? The Los Angeles and the Dallas owners could do it and there is little Terry Pegula can do about it either meet the minimum standard requirements of NFL Global League or he is out most likely given a buyout like the minor league baseball contractions to take the money than given the choice of running NFL2 domestic league or just folding the Buffalo Bills franchise. The NFL Global League can do that the Buffalo Bills need to meet the requirements like the Buffalo Bisons did or get contracted like the New York Penn League and Batavia Mutdogs went bye, bye. No Federal or Local Government is stopping that. They will huff and puff for political grandstanding but the sports business industry will do what they want and no one is stopping them. Just remember that keep up financially or get out is there business practices in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Well, Bills fans in WNY better jump through as many folding tables as possible while they still can...

Seriously though, a similar attempt to start a sort of super league was recently put to rest, at least for the time being, in European soccer. The public outrage that followed once the proposal came to light simply outmatched any financial incentives.

The international push from the NFL will likely entail more and more games played abroad by US-based teams. If those "internationalisation" efforts go according to plan, you may end up in a situation in which a team like Buffalo could one day have a larger (extended) fan base than one based in Houston or Atlanta. Sure, some people abroad may still be fascinated by the appeal, real or perceived, of locations such as LA or Miami, and therefore be inclined to become fans of their teams, but generally speaking a dude sitting in Frankfurt, London or Tokyo couldn't care less.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Again even Ralph Wilson said that was out of his hands. The Buffalo Bills are here because they are profitable for now and New York State gave the money for a new Buffalo Bills stadium. No owners will is changing that regardless. The seller and NFL both have to be satisfied with a NFL teams sale price. So the NFL owners aren’t going to allow Buffalo to keep the Bills on some lowball offer because of a owners will clause that just isn’t realistic or reality. Stan Kronke just picked up and moved same with Al Davis, same with Bud Adams, same with Robert Issay. It doesn’t matter if a city doesn’t pay the blackmail they are out especially in cities like the size of Buffalo, Cleveland and Pittsburgh. If Austin, Texas grew into Toronto size sure the Buffalo Bills could potentially be moved.

I will say this watch out because New York State is completely in the Buffalo Bills house now stadium decisions now not Erie County. Watch YouTube the videos on future skyscrapers being built or planned in the United States and Toronto. The Buffalo Bills are in trouble regardless. Look at Los Angeles, Chicago and New York. We have some Buffalo Bills fans saying Chicago is losing the Chicago Bears it’s too late for Soldiers Field? I would agree for the Bears there gone to the suburbs. But look at Chicago 2030 to 2050 forget the propaganda news politics from both political parties on television. Look at the skyscrapers or as the late Ralph Wilson said about those all those cranes in Toronto. I believe Chicago will get a second NFL team. I also believe New York City might get one maybe two NFL teams. Los Angeles and San Francisco Bay Area will get at least one maybe two NFL teams in the case of Los Angeles. Look at Los Angeles 2050 it looks like New York City skyscrapers. There population will continue to grow Buffalo’s population growth rate isn’t great. Does that look like Buffalo fits in a league like that? Or Cleveland? Or Pittsburgh? Again the NFL is a business they go where the population and money is.

I don’t believe Buffalo is out of professional football business but in the Globalization of the NFL we are falling very behind. The Pegula children aren’t going to be able to run the Buffalo Bills against NFL Global teams with huge corporations paying huge dollars for teams. I think the Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers will be in major professional leagues but dropped by NFL Global League to small domestic leagues like the NFL itself running it or farmed out to a USFL, XFL and CFL or whoever is open still or not invited into NFL Global League with multiple Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Houston, Miami, San Francisco, Seattle, Detroit, Dallas, Denver, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, Toronto, London, Munich, Mexico City, Tokyo as possible candidates for NFL Global League. Then the rest of the NFL downgraded to domestic leagues or regional leagues the in US and Canada traveling by bus no PSL’s no thrills football. 

So I guess at least the New Buffalo Bills stadium will be affordable with no PSL’s if that happens potentially for the Bills fans or whatever the downgrade Buffalo football franchise nickname the Buffalo football team is called. Terry Pegula will have no say because the NFL isn’t shutting him or the Buffalo Bills down just the global major US and Canadian cities are running away from domestic NFL for the NFL Global Super League the Buffalo Bills and Cleveland Browns like the Minor League Baseball contractions or forced to Independent baseball like the Batavia Mutdogs because they couldn’t meet minimum requirements to stay in organized affiliate baseball but this time football. Syracuse Orange football has been downgraded. What? No it hasn’t been keep telling yourself that Syracuse football fan your a Group of Five football school economically you aren’t running with Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Penn State, Texas and USC to name a few. The Buffalo Bisons met the new requirements Batavia didn’t. What? I know go to bed BSF. Wake up Buffalo Bills fans there is no lease and no owners will that is stopping sports business progress. Buffalo doesn’t run economically in these circles since 1950. Syracuse Orange football doesn’t run in Power 5 football circles anymore that is reality. Buffalo is the Batavia of the NFL today think about it not with you heart your business mind we don’t belong we can thank our area business and political leaders for that all corrupt which is unfortunate. But I am a sports fan I will survive with the Buffalo Bills downgrade it’s coming sooner than Bills fans think 15 to 20 years will go bye like that. Don’t tell me Sean McDermott just needs time for a Super Bowl championship Buffalo Bills don’t have more than 18 to 20 years left in major NFL before we are contracted from the NFL Global League. Then the Buffalo Bills are on the bus to play the Cleveland Browns in the NFL split off smaller domestic bus league think MAC UB Bulls football for the Buffalo Bills in the NFL while the Dallas Cowboys are in NFL Global playing the London Monarchs. Remember when we used to play the Dallas Cowboys and Buffalo Bills were really big? Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah remember when we use to play the Boston Celtics and the Buffalo Braves were really big in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

The bills are never leaving 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Nervous Pet GIF by Bibi.Pet

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The bills are never leaving 

Buffalo Superfan made another prolix post asserting that Terry Pegula should be in jail because of the public money devoted to the new stadium. I feel like his day job is walking around with a signboard announcing the end of the world.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Buffalo Superfan made another prolix post asserting that Terry Pegula should be in jail because of the public money devoted to the new stadium. I feel like his day job is walking around with a signboard announcing the end of the world.

THE END IS NEAR REPENT.....like that kinda sandwich sign dude guy...except THE  BILLS ARE LEAVING INVEST

lol great visual but I'm not buying that either.

m

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Again even Ralph Wilson said that was out of his hands. The Buffalo Bills are here because they are profitable for now and New York State gave the money for a new Buffalo Bills stadium. No owners will is changing that regardless. The seller and NFL both have to be satisfied with a NFL teams sale price. So the NFL owners aren’t going to allow Buffalo to keep the Bills on some lowball offer because of a owners will clause that just isn’t realistic or reality. Stan Kronke just picked up and moved same with Al Davis, same with Bud Adams, same with Robert Issay. It doesn’t matter if a city doesn’t pay the blackmail they are out especially in cities like the size of Buffalo, Cleveland and Pittsburgh. If Austin, Texas grew into Toronto size sure the Buffalo Bills could potentially be moved.

I will say this watch out because New York State is completely in the Buffalo Bills house now stadium decisions now not Erie County. Watch YouTube the videos on future skyscrapers being built or planned in the United States and Toronto. The Buffalo Bills are in trouble regardless. Look at Los Angeles, Chicago and New York. We have some Buffalo Bills fans saying Chicago is losing the Chicago Bears it’s too late for Soldiers Field? I would agree for the Bears there gone to the suburbs. But look at Chicago 2030 to 2050 forget the propaganda news politics from both political parties on television. Look at the skyscrapers or as the late Ralph Wilson said about those all those cranes in Toronto. I believe Chicago will get a second NFL team. I also believe New York City might get one maybe two NFL teams. Los Angeles and San Francisco Bay Area will get at least one maybe two NFL teams in the case of Los Angeles. Look at Los Angeles 2050 it looks like New York City skyscrapers. There population will continue to grow Buffalo’s population growth rate isn’t great. Does that look like Buffalo fits in a league like that? Or Cleveland? Or Pittsburgh? Again the NFL is a business they go where the population and money is.

I don’t believe Buffalo is out of professional football business but in the Globalization of the NFL we are falling very behind. The Pegula children aren’t going to be able to run the Buffalo Bills against NFL Global teams with huge corporations paying huge dollars for teams. I think the Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns and Pittsburgh Steelers will be in major professional leagues but dropped by NFL Global League to small domestic leagues like the NFL itself running it or farmed out to a USFL, XFL and CFL or whoever is open still or not invited into NFL Global League with multiple Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Houston, Miami, San Francisco, Seattle, Detroit, Dallas, Denver, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, Toronto, London, Munich, Mexico City, Tokyo as possible candidates for NFL Global League. Then the rest of the NFL downgraded to domestic leagues or regional leagues the in US and Canada traveling by bus no PSL’s no thrills football. 

So I guess at least the New Buffalo Bills stadium will be affordable with no PSL’s if that happens potentially for the Bills fans or whatever the downgrade Buffalo football franchise nickname the Buffalo football team is called. Terry Pegula will have no say because the NFL isn’t shutting him or the Buffalo Bills down just the global major US and Canadian cities are running away from domestic NFL for the NFL Global Super League the Buffalo Bills and Cleveland Browns like the Minor League Baseball contractions or forced to Independent baseball like the Batavia Mutdogs because they couldn’t meet minimum requirements to stay in organized affiliate baseball but this time football. Syracuse Orange football has been downgraded. What? No it hasn’t been keep telling yourself that Syracuse football fan your a Group of Five football school economically you aren’t running with Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Penn State, Texas and USC to name a few. The Buffalo Bisons met the new requirements Batavia didn’t. What? I know go to bed BSF. Wake up Buffalo Bills fans there is no lease and no owners will that is stopping sports business progress. Buffalo doesn’t run economically in these circles since 1950. Syracuse Orange football doesn’t run in Power 5 football circles anymore that is reality. Buffalo is the Batavia of the NFL today think about it not with you heart your business mind we don’t belong we can thank our area business and political leaders for that all corrupt which is unfortunate. But I am a sports fan I will survive with the Buffalo Bills downgrade it’s coming sooner than Bills fans think 15 to 20 years will go bye like that. Don’t tell me Sean McDermott just needs time for a Super Bowl championship Buffalo Bills don’t have more than 18 to 20 years left in major NFL before we are contracted from the NFL Global League. Then the Buffalo Bills are on the bus to play the Cleveland Browns in the NFL split off smaller domestic bus league think MAC UB Bulls football for the Buffalo Bills in the NFL while the Dallas Cowboys are in NFL Global playing the London Monarchs. Remember when we used to play the Dallas Cowboys and Buffalo Bills were really big? Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah remember when we use to play the Boston Celtics and the Buffalo Braves were really big in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

This is a pretty far fetched opinion. There will be teams spread into London and Munich some day but your thought that this will become some form of rollerball global league is not founded. I live in Chicago and no one clamors for 2 NFL teams. 
IMO Buffalo is blowing it by not committing and supporting its fandom also to a full blown division 1 football, basketball, and hockey program that could get into a real conference like the ACC or Big East or Big Ten. Many of the NCAAs hottest markets don’t have pro teams. Alabama..Ohio State..Cincinnati…Gonzaga…Oregon..Kansas…Nebraska.   That should be where you concentrate. Instead great UB teams and coaches come and go after 2 years of success so they can play for a better conference. UB and the state needs to make that commitment along with Buffalo and its community. Build a great smaller venue in Amherst (because no major college team plays off their campus) and a commitment to a better conference and to basketball, hockey, football. As an aside, how this major US hockey community 15 minutes from Canada has no major top 20 hockey college hockey program near Buffalo every year(no not Niagara) is embarrassing to me when I was raised on a rink there. 

Edited by Locomark

On 1/27/2023 at 7:12 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Reached by QMI Agency on Monday, this expert adviser on team acquisitions and stadium development said the clause is "a big problem" for anyone wanting to buy the Bills franchise with the intention of relocating it.

"I think the language is very direct. It's not cute. It's very in-your-face. I think people did not focus in on the sale part of the agreement; just on the non-relocation part."

It would be near impossible with their clause for a team to buy the bills… Lie, saying they have no intention to relocate and then moving them within 5 to 10 years

They do way too much due diligence to let anything like that happen And the sale clause prevented it

Nobody who bought the bills from Ralph’s estate was going to move them… Pegula can ensure the same

Pegula threatened to move the team if he didn't get this stadium built for him...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Pegula threatened to move the team if he didn't get this stadium built for him...

There is 1000 junk articles with no verifiable sources

Give me one verifiable link from Terry Pegula where he threatened to move the bills

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

There is 1000 junk articles with no verifiable sources

Give me one verifiable link from Terry Pegula where he threatened to move the bills

This was quoted everywhere at the time:

"The Pegulas have made a proposal," PSE spokesperson Jim Wilkinson said in mid-August, per Marlee Tuskes of Buffalo's WIVB Channel 4.

"They would like to build it right there [in Orchard Park], and we need to hear back. You can't really do plans and designs on things until you have a deal, and right now the City of Buffalo and the state are going to have to decide if they want a team."

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This was quoted everywhere at the time:

"The Pegulas have made a proposal," PSE spokesperson Jim Wilkinson said in mid-August, per Marlee Tuskes of Buffalo's WIVB Channel 4.

"They would like to build it right there [in Orchard Park], and we need to hear back. You can't really do plans and designs on things until you have a deal, and right now the City of Buffalo and the state are going to have to decide if they want a team."

That’s not threatening to move the team Lol Like Ralph… He’s saying the city and state have to pay… They need to decide how much they want the bills… 

Pegula basically said I WANT IT in Orchard Park… Now it’s your turn to show how much you want it

Where does it say I will move the team?

Terry wasn’t paying for the stadium majority… Neither did Ralph…. 

The city and state needed to decide how much they wanted the bills

If they want the bills , pay for the stadium… That is still not saying give me my stadium or I’m leaving

Because he never said I will leave

That’s Called playing hardball…. That is absolutely not a threat to leave because he never said the words leave

he Put it on the state and city

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

That’s not threatening to move the team Lol

Where does it say I will move the team?

Terry wasn’t paying for the stadium majority… Neither did Ralph…. 

The city and state needed to decide how much they wanted the bills

If they want the bills , pay for the stadium… That is still not saying give me my stadium or I’m leaving

Because he never said I will leave

That’s Called playing hardball…. That is absolutely not a threat to leave because he never said the words leave

Well everyone who read that as a "hardball" tactic--but it is clearly a threat. He didn't say: "the City and State have to decide how much of the tab they are going to pick up for this new stadium"----he said they need to decide whether they even "want a team" in Buffalo.

What would not having a team look like?  Why would he even bring up "wanting a team" in Buffalo if there was no chance they ever move?

This isn't as hard as you are pretending to make it.  The guy said what he said.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Fabulous News!!!!! Bills were almost gone a half dozen times at least. Be nice to have a stadium with super-wide concourses, where your also protected from the cold and wind. Decent food restaurants, and giant restrooms, Fabulous giant sized 4K high definition video screens. Welcome to the NFL Bills fans... If not for the legend of the Bills mafia, they'd be long gone!!!.... And the Pegulas and Ralph of course as well..  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well everyone who read that as a "hardball" tactic--but it is clearly a threat. He didn't say: "the City and State have to decide how much of the tab they are going to pick up for this new stadium"----he said they need to decide whether they even "want a team" in Buffalo.

What would not having a team look like?  Why would he even bring up "wanting a team" in Buffalo if there was no chance they ever move?

This isn't as hard as you are pretending to make it.  The guy said what he said.  

He never threatened to move the bills

At most you could call it veiled…. Which is completely different than being out right threatening to move the bills… 

He’s not wrong when he said the city and state need to decide how much they want the bills… That’s perfectly reasonable

Because He wasn’t footing the bill…. So absolutely the state and city needed to decide how much they want the bills… They can pay and keep them…. Or someone will build them a stadium

That’s just a fact it’s not a threat

You can cry and think he was threatening you , it’s called a business move… leverage 

Edited by Buffalo716

31 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He never threatened to move the bills

At most you could call it veiled…. Which is completely different than being out right threatening to move the bills… 

He’s not wrong when he said the city and state need to decide how much they want the bills… That’s perfectly reasonable

Because He wasn’t footing the bill…. So absolutely the state and city needed to decide how much they want the bills… They can pay and keep them…. Or someone will build them a stadium

That’s just a fact it’s not a threat

You can cry and think he was threatening you , it’s called a business move… leverage 

It’s interesting, I read it more like he’s saying they needed to decide how much   they wanted it in the City of Buffalo (downtown) versus in the State at large…thus Orchard Park