New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached

jletha

21 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I sort of agree. #BillsMafia is a phenomenon now, thanks to the Bills being good. We make up for the wine & cheese fan bases in places like L.A.

But the dollar is still king in the NFL and it's no secret that some owners want the league to squeeze out every nickel. The Bills will just become more and more valuable and the temptation to move then to greener (as in money) pastures will always be there.

Never take the Bills (or the Sabres) for granted.

The NFL does not want to just squeeze every nickel.  They want to counterfeit money.

When new stadium comes Bills will be a place opponent fans go to because their local stadiums are more expensive and many tickets will be held by ticket agencies.

39 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The NFL does not want to just squeeze every nickel.  They want to counterfeit money.

When new stadium comes Bills will be a place opponent fans go to because their local stadiums are more expensive and many tickets will be held by ticket agencies.

There's some truth to that. I know Pats fans used to always make the trip. Not so much now.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

There's some truth to that. I know Pats fans used to always make the trip. Not so much now.

I cannot buy tickets from Bills but I regularly in Northern Virginia get companies outside of WNY area sending me package deals with tailgate, hotel, ticket, etc. with IMO truly inflated prices.  The tickets are not resells from other season ticket holders.

Marketing is NOT one of the improvements of Bills. 

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Marketing is NOT one of the improvements of Bills. 

Russ Brandon was a great marketer.

I'd rather have what we have now, thanks.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Having a ***** team will do that, too.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, BRH said:

Russ Brandon was a great marketer.

I'd rather have what we have now, thanks.

There is no reason why Bills should have one or the other.

Beane and Coach McD always are talking about constant improvement but all we have seen is hooking onto Bills Mafia as official part of marketing while the Bills Backers Groups which supported them through thin times get phone wallpaper and a Bills Mafia sign.

Not a top level business person but having just read "Work in Progress" it seems more odd than it did to me before that we have heard nothing about Kim Pegula.  Is that just the difference between a public company and a private company?  If the company was public we would know more kind of thing?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

Not a top level business person but having just read "Work in Progress" it seems more odd than it did to me before that we have heard nothing about Kim Pegula.  Is that just the difference between a public company and a private company?  If the company was public we would know more kind of thing?  

It’s at the final stage. It just passed the environmental impact stage

8 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/plans-buffalo-bills-stadium-making-223837886.html 

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/getting-closer-final-deal-nears-as-legislators-approve-environmental-impact-study-for-new-bills-stadium/article_02805cc2-9818-11ed-b677-d3d291461f03.html

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Seems like a LOT of loose ends to wrap up incredibly soon.  As of now the team has nowhere to play come this fall as the current lease ends in July.  

This is cutting things pretty close, too close for comfort.  The NFL is making the schedule, why hasn't Pegula signed a one-year lease extension for 2023 if he won't sign a longer one until the Stadium Agreement is finalized.   

Here's where it gets dicey, in mid-December or so, the BN reported that the only thing holding up the formalization of the Stadium Agreement was the CBA.  The asking price on the CBA was $500M over 30 years, less than $20M/year.  I have no idea why that would hold anything up.  Now it's a number of things, couched in a bunch of eyebrow-raising statements like Poloncarz announcing that he's "hoping to have something to announce by the end of this month."  They've been saying that since summer.  

IDK, I for one am getting nervous about this whole thing.  If Pegula's convinced that the Stadium is going to go down, then why hasn't he signed an extension for Highmark?  Even just one or two seasons.  

• Disagree 2

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

Seems like a LOT of loose ends to wrap up incredibly soon.  As of now the team has nowhere to play come this fall as the current lease ends in July.  

This is cutting things pretty close, too close for comfort.  The NFL is making the schedule, why hasn't Pegula signed a one-year lease extension for 2023 if he won't sign a longer one until the Stadium Agreement is finalized.   

Here's where it gets dicey, in mid-December or so, the BN reported that the only thing holding up the formalization of the Stadium Agreement was the CBA.  The asking price on the CBA was $500M over 30 years, less than $20M/year.  I have no idea why that would hold anything up.  Now it's a number of things, couched in a bunch of eyebrow-raising statements like Poloncarz announcing that he's "hoping to have something to announce by the end of this month."  They've been saying that since summer.  

IDK, I for one am getting nervous about this whole thing.  If Pegula's convinced that the Stadium is going to go down, then why hasn't he signed an extension for Highmark?  Even just one or two seasons.  

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/nfl-owners-approve-lease-deal-for-new-bills-stadium-lease-extension-for-highmark/article_a4f2914c-7bf7-11ed-989d-fbb4dc8c0cbf.html I guess you must’ve missed this

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

That's the owners, that has nothing to do with an Agreement between Erie County and Pegula//The Bills.  Nor does it have anything to do with an Agreement between the State, who will own the new stadium, and Pegula/The Bills.  

All that is is a vote permitting the aforementioned.  The Bills still don't have permission to play at Highmark in the fall.  

• Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

That's the owners, that has nothing to do with an Agreement between Erie County and Pegula//The Bills.  Nor does it have anything to do with an Agreement between the State, who will own the new stadium, and Pegula/The Bills.  

All that is is a vote permitting the aforementioned.  The Bills still don't have permission to play at Highmark in the fall.  

Idk what your worried about they’re not going anywhere and the deal is practically done at this point. I highly doubt they’re going to piss it all away, especially since they’ve come this far. Have a beer and relax

22 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Chief Operating Officer is the same thing as being President of an organization? I didn't go to business school, but I don't think that's true.

A close buddy just joined a healthy bank that was just failing to grow. Institutional investors wanted a return on their investment, so they brought him in as CEO. The former CEO was named Vice Chairman, because nobody really knew what that meant, whether it be a step up or down. No egos were damaged. He will run day to day stuff, while my buddy focuses strictly on growth.  He likes the ability to focus on adding lenders and growing the bank. Investors wanted to can the old guy, as this scenario comes with an extra big salary, but it gets you where you want to go. Let the growth guy focus on growth, not daily stuff. 

Titles mean nothing. In my banking days they’d rather give you more title, while holding onto THEIR MONEY! 

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Idk what your worried about they’re not going anywhere and the deal is practically done at this point. I highly doubt they’re going to piss it all away, especially since they’ve come this far. Have a beer and relax

I hope you're right, but I'm getting nervous. 

I don't like the fact that they were saying the same exact thing in the summer.  Remember, Hochul announced here "Iron Clad" agreement over 9 months ago.  

I won't believe it until I see the actual lease extension agreement between Erie County and Pegula/Bills.  Seriously, if the team is definitely playing in Buffalo this fall, why not sign the Agreement, what's Pegula waiting for.  And what happens if any one of these "sticking points" becomes an impasse.  

You're right, I don't get it.  I don't get why if they're making our schedule, why a lease extension hasn't been signed.  It makes zero sense.  

23 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Chief Operating Officer is the same thing as being President of an organization? I didn't go to business school, but I don't think that's true.

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Titles are whatever you want them to be.

No.  COO is not CEO.  They are specific officer positions in a company.  No need to make this up.

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

This kind of stuff takes time. Remember they’re dealing with 860 million of tax payer money on this. I’m sure they want to make sure they get this right and not screw it up. ***** like this doesn’t happen overnight

The lease extension for Highmark shouldn't take much time.  The greater Stadium Construction Agreement does, but not a simple extension for a stadium that they've been using for decades.  They're two separate things.  

All I'm saying is that if "it's a done deal," then sign the lease extension, at least for 2023, this season, which begins play there in less than 8 months.  

I don't see why they can't do a series of one-year extensions for Highmark.  Do this year's, we can worry about next year's later.  

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

The lease extension for Highmark shouldn't take much time.  The greater Stadium Construction Agreement does, but not a simple extension for a stadium that they've been using for decades.  They're two separate things.  

All I'm saying is that if "it's a done deal," then sign the lease extension, at least for 2023, this season, which begins play there in less than 8 months.  

They did, in December.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-owners-approve-lease-extension-for-bills-at-highmark-stadium-lease-at-new-stadium/ar-AA15hLvb

• Like (+1) 1