Jump to content

New "ironclad" Stadium deal reached


jletha

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Doc said:

No, Erie County did not.  Again, the NFL's owners can't extend the lease between Erie County and the Bills/Pegula.  

 

All they did was rubber-stamp it as a formality from their end.  It means nothing in terms of us being able to use Highmark.  Right now we do not have a lease to play there in less than 8 months.  It's fine with the owners, which of course we knew, why wouldn't it be, but they vote on stuff like that.  It has nothing to do with the actual lease itself.  

  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

No, Erie County did not.  Again, the NFL's owners can't extend the lease between Erie County and the Bills/Pegula.  

 

All they did was rubber-stamp it as a formality from their end.  It means nothing in terms of us being able to use Highmark.  Right now we do not have a lease to play there in less than 8 months.  It's fine with the owners, which of course we knew, why wouldn't it be, but they vote on stuff like that.  It has nothing to do with the actual lease itself.  

 

Then what is Erie County waiting for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The lease extension is a forgone conclusion.  Having the stadium open for the start of the 2026 season is in jeopardy as the months go by.  

If it's a foregone conclusion, why not formalize it?  

 

I probably am worrying for no reason.  I have to think though that if something isn't concrete and formalized by the end of February that there's cause for concern.  

 

Just now, Doc said:

 

Then what is Erie County waiting for?

I don't know, what are they waiting for?   That's my question.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PBF81 said:

If it's a foregone conclusion, why not formalize it?  

 

I probably am worrying for no reason.  I have to think though that if something isn't concrete and formalized by the end of February that there's cause for concern.  

 

If you think there is reason to worry, nothing I can do to stop you. 😂

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, LabattBlue said:

If you think there is reason to worry, nothing I can do to stop you. 😂

LOL, no, there isn't.  Just concerned.  

 

Remember, this was "iron clad" over 9 months ago.  The narrative on what's been holding this up keeps changing.  That has me thinking that there's something going on that we're not being told.  Also, as some people have pointed out, factor in Kim's status and we have no idea what's going through Terry's mind either, and he's been conspicuously silent for months.  

 

I guess it call comes back to bad luck for us.  "Homerun Throwback" (which was a forward pass), Henry Jones PI (never happened), Wide-Right, etc.  I keep waiting for the next shoe to drop.  LOL 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

 

Then what is Erie County waiting for?

 

"That's the piece that is holding things up," says Ganis. "The county is working on behalf of the area. The state is involved but there have not been issues there. The Bills have been prepared to do a "standard plus" CBA but the county is pushing for a lot more with the justification, I guess, that there is so much state money going in."

 

he's talking about the stadium deal, but it would seem this is why the County isn't signing the lease

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

"That's the piece that is holding things up," says Ganis. "The county is working on behalf of the area. The state is involved but there have not been issues there. The Bills have been prepared to do a "standard plus" CBA but the county is pushing for a lot more with the justification, I guess, that there is so much state money going in."

 

he's talking about the stadium deal, but it would seem this is why the County isn't signing the lease

So is the stadium lease extension not being signed because the County won't sign it, or because Pegula won't sign it.  

 

Initially we were told that Pegula won't sign it until the Stadium Construction Agreement is inked, which it isn't.  

 

Is it now the County that's holding this up?  

Edited by PBF81
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/18/2023 at 1:30 PM, nucci said:

I know him and he's not full of *****

 

It's speculative and frankly either way this deal BENEFITS the area regardless of how many times Jim Heaney wants to try and submarine it with talk of impending doom if a, b, c, d, etc. happens. We are finally in a position where we have a great team and great ownership and possibly a beautiful new stadium on the way and then this nonsense is written. If you're a taxpayer paying for it then either get on board or move... I'd gladly take your place rather than be in this hole another minute.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Augie said:

 

A close buddy just joined a healthy bank that was just failing to grow. Institutional investors wanted a return on their investment, so they brought him in as CEO. The former CEO was named Vice Chairman, because nobody really knew what that meant, whether it be a step up or down. No egos were damaged. He will run day to day stuff, while my buddy focuses strictly on growth.  He likes the ability to focus on adding lenders and growing the bank. Investors wanted to can the old guy, as this scenario comes with an extra big salary, but it gets you where you want to go. Let the growth guy focus on growth, not daily stuff. 

 

Titles mean nothing. In my banking days they’d rather give you more title, while holding onto THEIR MONEY! 

 

This is a power struggle waiting to happen. I am a CEO and have seen it plenty. Splitting day-to-day and growth executive positions is futile. That’s why the COO position exists.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

 

This is a power struggle waiting to happen. I am a CEO and have seen it plenty. Splitting day-to-day and growth executive positions is futile. That’s why the COO position exists.

 

Wow! I just almost gave you credit for a good idea. I’m glad I read it again. I doubt you are a CEO of a $300 million dollar bank. Adding a COO between the CEO and the “Vive Chairman” adds about another $300k/year with an extra layer of Managment. That is the OPPOSITE of the way companies are reacting right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

This kind of stuff takes time. Remember they’re dealing with 860 million of tax payer money on this. I’m sure they want to make sure they get this right and not screw it up. ***** like this doesn’t happen overnight

Actually they have to find creative ways to steal a healthy portion of that tax payer money. Hence the delays. 

  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Augie said:

 

Wow! I just almost gave you credit for a good idea. I’m glad I read it again. I doubt you are a CEO of a $300 million dollar bank. Adding a COO between the CEO and the “Vive Chairman” adds about another $300k/year with an extra layer of Managment. That is the OPPOSITE of the way companies are reacting right now. 

 

You can’t help yourself from being rude. Best of luck to your friend. PS, a COO earns significantly more than 300k.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Actually they have to find creative ways to steal a healthy portion of that tax payer money. Hence the delays. 

This is NYS we are talking about the stadium isnt least of tax payer money waste

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

The lease extension is a forgone conclusion.  Having the stadium open for the start of the 2026 season is in jeopardy as the months go by.  

No it isn’t because the new Buffalo Bills stadium is no thrills open air stadium it won’t take long to build think Key Bank Center that went up quickly for the Buffalo Sabres and on time because of the no thrills cheap arena. I wouldn’t worry about the new Bills stadium because it isn’t worth worrying about. The Buffalo Bills have no other fools that want to give them $1 billion dollars in benefits. It’s $1 billion dollars by the way not $850 million dollars according to Field of Schemes. Again it doesn’t matter $850 million dollars or $1 billion dollars the bottom line is this deal will get done because there is no other option for the Buffalo Bills. Austin, Texas isn’t giving PSE $1 billion dollars.
 

If the Buffalo Bills left Buffalo I guarantee another professional sports team or league would come to Buffalo if $1 billion dollars potentially is given believe me that is a lot of money. MLS would do cart wheels coming to Buffalo for $1 billion dollars soccer specific stadium downtown. I wouldn’t count out MLB or NBA Buffalo expansion team to replace the Buffalo Bills either for a $1 billion dollars of free money with expansion for all three of those major leagues coming. I don’t think the Buffalo Bills are leaving Buffalo but if the Buffalo Bills turned there nose up on the $1 billion dollars deal some fool sports owner might potentially take that deal to move to Buffalo that PSE potentially passed up in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The Buffalo Bills have no other fools that want to give them $1 billion dollars in benefits. It’s $1 billion dollars by the way not $850 million dollars according to Field of Schemes. Again it doesn’t matter $850 million dollars or $1 billion dollars the bottom line is this deal will get done because there is no other option for the Buffalo Bills. Austin, Texas isn’t giving PSE $1 billion dollars.

Not so sure about that.  Remember, the agreement that they had prevented Pegula from talking to anyone else outside of Buffalo.  That expired in December as I understand it, after having twice been extended, from Sept. 1st and then again from Oct. 15th.  Presumably he's now been allowed to talk to other locales. 

 

In many other locales the team instantly becomes worth more than it is in Buffalo.  

 

That's why Pegula's silence is so worrisome.  I'd feel a lot better if he himself came out and said something.  There are one too many similarities with what Modell did in Cleveland going on here for my comfort.  

 

I'd like to think that I'm worrying for nothing, but there are far too many loose ends, ends that we've been told are "so close" or almost done for many months now.  If they were so close to being done, why aren't they done.  Don't forget, we were told that this was "iron clad" last March.  If it's iron-clad, then why hasn't a lease extension been signed and why are we talking about it like this now.  But most importantly, why can't they in good faith, Pegula really, unless it's now the County holding it up, sign a lease extension, whether it be for one year, or the three/four that we'll need until a new stadium is up.  What's the risk?  I see absolutely none if the team truly is staying.  There is none, again, if the team truly is staying as we've been assured.  

 

Once again, games for 2023 start in just over 7 months and we have no lease, nowhere for the team to play technically.  I have to say that if nothing is formalized by the end of February, a mere less than 6 weeks from now, it may be time to start worrying.  The most recent piece mentions 30-days for several things to occur now.  We'll see.  

 

GO BILLS!!!  Let's beat Cinci first!!!  

  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Not so sure about that.  Remember, the agreement that they had prevented Pegula from talking to anyone else outside of Buffalo.  That expired in December as I understand it, after having twice been extended, from Sept. 1st and then again from Oct. 15th.  Presumably he's now been allowed to talk to other locales. 

 

In many other locales the team instantly becomes worth more than it is in Buffalo.  

 

That's why Pegula's silence is so worrisome.  I'd feel a lot better if he himself came out and said something.  There are one too many similarities with what Modell did in Cleveland going on here for my comfort.  

 

I'd like to think that I'm worrying for nothing, but there are far too many loose ends, ends that we've been told are "so close" or almost done for many months now.  If they were so close to being done, why aren't they done.  Don't forget, we were told that this was "iron clad" last March.  If it's iron-clad, then why hasn't a lease extension been signed and why are we talking about it like this now.  But most importantly, why can't they in good faith, Pegula really, unless it's now the County holding it up, sign a lease extension, whether it be for one year, or the three/four that we'll need until a new stadium is up.  What's the risk?  I see absolutely none if the team truly is staying.  There is none, again, if the team truly is staying as we've been assured.  

 

Once again, games for 2023 start in just over 7 months and we have no lease, nowhere for the team to play technically.  I have to say that if nothing is formalized by the end of February, a mere less than 6 weeks from now, it may be time to start worrying.  The most recent piece mentions 30-days for several things to occur now.  We'll see.  

 

GO BILLS!!!  Let's beat Cinci first!!!  

 

Start worrying when there's something to worry about.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Simon locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...