Rams trade Robert Woods to Titans

Chandler#81

41 minutes ago, MJS said:

I remember him being the only one with a heart beat at times. He was the de facto #1 receiver when others got injured and he produced in that role.

Plus he was an amazing blocker.

Actually, I felt he fell flat when he had to be the number 1.  He also had terrible feet while here, I remember yelling all the time Woods is on the ground again or Woods stumbled again and cost us a first down or score.  Either stumbling after a catch, falling down in a route, etc.  I mean I can’t think of another player I have ever said that about, but he always seemed like he was stumbling around too much.  

He played well in LA, but even though I was super excited when we drafted him, I felt he was a bit of a let down while here and wasn’t interested in paying him what the market was gonna give him.

I enjoyed seeing him find his groove with rams, living in LA they are my second team (albeit a distant second).  I would have welcomed him back for that trade too.  

Woods isnt a number 1 WR, but he grew into a very good #2 and should fit in well next to AJ.  But I’d expect a drop off in production with Tannehill there and how often they run.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 4

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Actually, I felt he fell flat when he had to be the number 1.  He also had terrible feet while here, I remember yelling all the time Woods is on the ground again or Woods stumbled again and cost us a first down or score.  Either stumbling after a catch, falling down in a route, etc.  I mean I can’t think of another player I have ever said that about, but he always seemed like he was stumbling around too much.  

He played well in LA, but even though I was super excited when we drafted him, I felt he was a bit of a let down while here and wasn’t interested in paying him what the market was gonna give him.

I enjoyed seeing him find his groove with rams, living in LA they are my second team (albeit a distant second).  I would have welcomed him back for that trade too.  

Woods isnt a number 1 WR, but he grew into a very good #2 and should fit in well next to AJ.  But I’d expect a drop off in production with Tannehill there and how often they run.  

I've seen him kill teams over the year. He's not a true #1 but he'll be a lot more effective in Tennessee than Juio was. Great pickup for the Titans to go with along with AJ Brown. They just got better. Thankfully though they face the AFC West teams this year and we don't.

52 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I was just about to post how Robert Woods had a frequent slipping problem while running routes in Buffalo. He fell down a curious amount of times, like he had on sneakers while everyone else was wearing cleats.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I was just about to post how Robert Woods had a frequent slipping problem while running routes in Buffalo. He fell down a curious amount of times, like he had on sneakers while everyone else was wearing cleats.

I think he had a hamstring or pulled groin problem that he tried playing thru… that didn’t help.

His best game IMO, maybe EJ’s too, was when we beat the World Champion Ravens. That was fun!

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He was better in LA than he ever was with Buffalo.  He signed for a contract with LA far greater than the worth he showed in Buffalo.  Almost everyone agreed at the time the dollars mdid not match past production

He had a stud QB in LA and a better WR group. Maybe that had something to do with it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Rico said:

Far better on the Rams than he ever was in Buffalo (much like Lil Antoine in Minn.), don’t think he’d see the field on this Bills team.

He had TT throwing to him and that says it all.

13 hours ago, Rico said:

Far better on the Rams than he ever was in Buffalo (much like Lil Antoine in Minn.), don’t think he’d see the field on this Bills team.

13 hours ago, Rico said:

13 hours ago, Rico said:

13 hours ago, Rico said:

14 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I know right!  I can’t recall seeing another player where I thought this about either.  

As far as the AFC South goes, if Baker goes to Indy, I could see them challenge the Titans.  Baker isn’t great, but he’s not bad either… better than Wentz.  Jimmy G is probably an upgrade too. 

Houston is a disaster right now, but Jacksonville might be a team to watch… not to make the playoffs, but in T-Law’s second year, to be competitive with all the signings they’ve made this off-season.  

Tennessee had to do something… Not sure Hooper/Woods elevates them to contender status, but they (or maybe Indy) could be our biggest competition for the 1 seed for years to come, due to the absurdity of the other two divisions.  Thankfully they’re built around a RB.. and that ain’t gonna last forever. 

Edited by SCBills

1 hour ago, Doc said:

The Titans also signed Austin Hooper.

That's an interesting signing. I'd be curious what the contract looks like and if Bills fans would prefer Hooper to O.J. Howard... two very different players who play the same position.

Also I'm still failing to see how Indy gets Baker Mayfield considering they don't have a 1st round pick and play in the same conference as the Browns.

If Indy is indeed "one quarterback away" from having a championship team, why would the Browns send him to Indy?

Edited by Sierra Foothills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.