Current Bills salary cap situation - 4/8/2022 12:50 PM $200.1MM - taken for “Top 51” - Sportrac current estimate is that Bills are over by $2.8MM for all - Link to Sportrac in 1st post

BuffaloBill

• BuffaloBill changed the title to Current Bills Salary cap situation - please try to limit updates to 2022 Bills cap moves only. Updates from Sportrac listed in 1st post
2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Its not my money

totally good with the moves

would like to know where we are at after the moves

Listen here you son of a B word.  You get angry about this, and you get angry now!

• Haha (+1) 6

6 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

$7.6 MM which is probably the number the Bills will want to have going into the draft and season.

Negative, $1.5M is amortized signing bonus aka "Dead Money"

$6.1M savings by snipping Bease

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

With Beasley Release and Recent moves.  Bills cap Space

$18,922,395  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Still to account for in that 18.9M

Howard

Jones

Saffold

Miller

And now also Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson

Looked at another way:

Bills FA moves as of 3/17 5:52 pm
Offense Position Offense Position
Howard TE Jones 1T DT
Saffold LG (rg) Lawson DE
    Miller Edge (OLB)
    J. Phillips 3T DT
    Settle DT

Might be time for Dorsey to walk into Beane's office and glare......

Needs:

OG (especially if we lose Bates)

WR

backup QB

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Looked at another way:

Howard TE Jones 1T DT
    Miller Edge (OLB)
    J. Phillips 3T DT
    Settle DT

Needs:

WR

backup QB

Won’t lose Bates IMO

alot or WRS left 

don’t care about a BU QB Fitz can come on that Veteran Exemption to count only 890k against CAP but a min deal for all I care

• Like (+1) 4

13 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

With Beasley Release and Recent moves.  Bills cap Space

$18,922,395  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Still to account for in that 18.9M

Howard

Jones

Saffold

Miller

Does this means we won’t be able to get few more DT’s 😱

Edited by Putin
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

How many DTs do you want?

And why would you trust a player that doesnt show up or even really want to play anymore to give him another contract redo.  Move on from this malcontent already

There's zero indication anyone at OBD considers Star a malcontent. Zero. Nonetheless, his lack of availability is a legitimate concern.

As for DTs, how many more? As many as they want. We need competition, always. Now if I've got it right they have DaQuan Jones, Jordan Phillips, Tim Settle, Ed Oliver, Star Lotulelei and Eli Ankou. And they might well draft one somewhere.

That's competition, and the more the merrier. If Star plays the way he did after Covid, say goodbye. If someone disappoints, trade 'em for a low pick or cut 'em. It's great letting the lowest two or three there know they'd better work hard, 'cause they're on the bubble.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think one will be a vet. But they will, by necessity, have to be very cheap. I wouldn't be totally amazed if Matt Barkley ends up back. 

Glad to see you're alive. It was strange not to see you 2 days or so when the biggest things were happening :)

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Looked at another way:

Howard TE Jones 1T DT
    Miller Edge (OLB)
    J. Phillips 3T DT
    Settle DT

Needs:

WR

backup QB

Do we really need a WR?  I think we are good with Davis, Diggs, Mckenzie and Knox.  I think we will see a lot of Hodgins and Stevenson this year too.  Maybe draft one

18 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Do we really need a WR?  I think we are good with Davis, Diggs, Mckenzie and Knox.  I think we will see a lot of Hodgins and Stevenson this year too.  Maybe draft one

I think we do. I saw nothing in Stevenson that made me think he is an NFL caliber player, and who knows about Hodgins.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Anybody has idea when should sportrac has missing data? I mean they are now trying to get info from league or agents or what?

I find it weird that some contracts are immediately known to details and in some (many) cases we need to wait days (weeks?).

I don't really understand how Spotrac and Overthecap work, but my guess is that the league office is pretty well overwhelmed the first couple days of FA and are working full-bore to keep up.  If Spotrac has sources there, they may not have time to keep them in the loop.

I suspect they get info from agents as well, but the same "working full bore" may apply and agents are not necessarily reliable sources when they're trying to make every contract sound fantastic.   Or, contrarily, if their guys sign a cheap deal, they don't want to depress the market so they keep it hush.

And yeah, I'm personally F5ing and "Jonesing" for the details on Jones, Phillips, Lawson, Saffold, Miller, and Howard

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I think we do. I saw nothing in Stevenson that made me think he is an NFL caliber player, and who knows about Hodgins.

I’m definitely drafting a WR in the first 2 rounds. WR, CB, then I would sneakingly go safety in any order really.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

This.  Guys can absolutely grow and develop, but "hope is not a plan".  Even Davis has looked uneven in his development at times.

7 minutes ago, Governor said:

I’m definitely drafting a WR in the first 2 rounds. WR, CB, then I would sneakingly go safety in any order really.

Not a fan of BPA and "let the board come to us" I see

54 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

The good news is we still haven't even had to use any of our big 3 yet Dawkins, Diggs, and White attorneys at law.

I think we restructured Dawkins and White last year....though looking at Dawkins contract perhaps I'm mistaken.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think one will be a vet. But they will, by necessity, have to be very cheap. I wouldn't be totally amazed if Matt Barkley ends up back. 

I thought they might want Kyle Allen, but he apparently just signed a 1 year, $2.5M contract with the Texans of which $2.25M is guaranteed - which might be more than the Bills would want to pay/guarantee (and he may see himself more likely to start in Houston)

Pretty wild that we signed Trubisky last season for the same $$

Nice raise for Allen, who earned $850k last season, Josh Allen must be happy for his friend.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.