[Vague Title] Cornerback

Jerboski

7 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

No, round 1 now clearly goes to a WR for Josh.  The D just got a $17M/yr man.  Give Josh a 1st round WR who he gets for 4-5 years.  A WR also make financial sense because getting even a FA C Kirk type is $15M.

CB can be had later in the draft.  The FO can get by with an inexpensive vet as a placement holder.

WR is way deeper than CB this year the value at round 1 CB is gone by the 2nd pick. It’s a pretty significant drop. 

The Bills could get a baller WR in round 2 or even 3 or 4. There are that  many good WRs.CB makes way more sense in round 1. 

McDuffie at 25 and Dotson/Watson/Pierce etc sounds better than Chris Olave and Martin Emerson to me . 1st round WR is more exciting and it’s possible just my opinion 

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Jackson is and will remain a starter at nickel CB. I think we sign a low cost vet but wouldn't be shocked if take someone like Kyler Goodson at #25 as he's a good zone CB and has upside. 

I see Gordon as a dark horse. Fits the Bills blood but a lot of people think he’s a slot only, he’s undersized and ran “slow” at 4.53 at the combine. I think his teammate McDuffie is a way better option to be honest 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m fine with Jackson at one corner. Need to draft one pretty early though. If there’s one area I have complete faith in this coaching staff, it’s in developing secondary players. A couple mid round guys to look for. 
Kalon Barnes - Baylor

Matt Hankins - Iowa 

Edited by Floydboy12
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Draft…. There’s huge value at the end of round 1 with guys they may have be there at 25…. 

Either McDuffie or Booth Jr is my guess.

Now that we have filled our top two holes in DT and DE it looks like WR/CB or CB/WR…. Probably corner first but the WRs may be tempting….

If we waive Star all bets are off though….

We need to hit OL too a couple times….though I think Kromer gets us another OL signed….We still need 8…. We need a RB….P…PR…KR…and another CB too…. Maybe we trade down a little then go up some later…. Get four good picks by round three…. WR, CB, OL, RB….or two corners instead of the back…

1 minute ago, billybrew1 said:

Now that we have filled our top two holes in DT and DE it looks like WR/CB or CB/WR…. Probably corner first but the WRs may be tempting….

If we waive Star all bets are off though….

We need to hit OL too a couple times….though I think Kromer gets us another OL signed….We still need 8…. We need a RB….P…PR…KR…and another CB too…. Maybe we trade down a little then go up some later…. Get four good picks by round three…. WR, CB, OL, RB….or two corners instead of the back…

Wait, just counting how many actual players we need…. I’m going to Beasley as long as Beane does, the same with Star….

I count two OL, you need at least one extra for camp and Doyle and Ford are iffy…. One QB. One WR to replace Sanders. Another WR for camp. One RB for better skill there. 0 TEs, 0 FBs. That’s six for the offense. Two corners (probably three for camp at least) we always seem to draft a S late so I’ll say one but I like our backup Ss even if their slow. Someone to compete at backup LB, at least one, And one more End at least for camp. I’ll say three corners…so,  Six defenders. STs… A P, KR, PR… I think the Bills want one man to handle kicks but that may be difficult. But McKenzie can return Kicks…

I count that we still need 16 players for camp.

We have nine draft picks and it sez here we might use them all without trading up…. Although we still probably will at some point and finish it off with UDFAs….

Right now it looks to me like - CB, WR, OL, RB, OL, CB, P, LB, S…. If we don’t sign anymore FAs. But I expect at the very least another Kromer special….

I love that we have a second maybe capable TE…. We’ll see but the skill is off the chart for OJ….Maybe he’s ready! Bam! 12 offense. Just like the colts which I love… And maybe Beane finds a replacement RB? IDK?

41 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

WR is way deeper than CB this year the value at round 1 CB is gone by the 2nd pick. It’s a pretty significant drop. 

The Bills could get a baller WR in round 2 or even 3 or 4. There are that  many good WRs.CB makes way more sense in round 1. 

McDuffie at 25 and Dotson/Watson/Pierce etc sounds better than Chris Olave and Martin Emerson to me . 1st round WR is more exciting and it’s possible just my opinion 

I see Gordon as a dark horse. Fits the Bills blood but a lot of people think he’s a slot only, he’s undersized and ran “slow” at 4.53 at the combine. I think his teammate McDuffie is a way better option to be honest 

I agree McDuffie is better yet don't see him falling to us, I see him going in the early to mid teens.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

No, round 1 now clearly goes to a WR for Josh.  The D just got a $17M/yr man.  Give Josh a 1st round WR who he gets for 4-5 years.  A WR also make financial sense because getting even a FA C Kirk type is $15M.

CB can be had later in the draft.  The FO can get by with an inexpensive vet as a placement holder.

this may be correct, esp. if we get a FA CB and Jackson played well last year.  Unless, we scoop up a WR somehow like Allen Robinson!!

2 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Guys, hear me out for just a second....

Is CB a situation of dire need, most pressing, urgent as I think the consensus on here feel?  I only ask because like I mentioned in another thread, I am very, very encouraged by Dane Jackson's play last year, and do believe he can be our CB2 opposite Tre.  I have been a huge fan of Taron's for years now, the guy is an absolute dog at the nickel corner spot, IMO isn't just one of our best tacklers on the team, but he simply just loves gettin after it.  I agree with many of you who feel Taron Johnson would perform well on the outside, I just love him so much at the nickel spot I say if it ain't broke don't fix it....I think we go CB at #25, and we surprisingly get one of the top CB's there this year, it wouldn't shock me one bit if we landed McDuffie, Booth, or Elam, and I haven't ruled out the outside shot of Gardner or perhaps Stingley, simply because of the fact there's always four or five jawdropper pics that go completely unexpected that drop guys lower than expected....

It’s dire.  

2 hours ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

I’m never sure about FA valuations but there are some good options in the draft. I like the guy from UT-SA. 6’3” and ran a 4.26 40. Let McD coach him up. 

I'm both intrigued and nervous about that guy. But the Bills coaching staff have a good track record of developing DBs. 

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

I agree McDuffie is better yet don't see him falling to us, I see him going in the early to mid teens.

If you are 90% confident a starting corner is going in the teens and the guy or guys there at 25 you're maybe 50/50 on - I'm trading UP.

No f...ing around this pick is going to be a CB and he will probably start at the beginning of the season.   

Don't get me wrong I'd love to trade back and still get a starter.  

But we NEED to get this pick right.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I still believe the Bills will draft a bell cow back at 25. They're gonna want to combat that 2 high safety look teams are going to try to play against them. Etienne was believed to have been their choice last draft. Look for Breece Hall at 25

• Disagree 1

Its quite obvious that CB is this team weakness at the moment.  Hopefully White comes back sooner than later and is himself again.  Until then we need CBs just from a roster stand point.  I think they draft a first rounder and sign a vet to low deal. I mean who doesn't want to play in the super bowl? If Levi had stayed for 4 mil a year I would say it's a toss up with WR but right now it's CB.

Edited by Mark92

10 hours ago, Jerboski said:

Love the signing of Miller… how much do we have for another corner or possible receiver?

We won't know till we see the details of Miller's contract and the others as well.

Beane's M.O. is to address all positions of need in F.A. so he's not roped into one or two positions that he must address in the first round or two. I expect him to spend somewhere in the mid-range AAV on a CB before the draft.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I still believe the Bills will draft a bell cow back at 25. They're gonna want to combat that 2 high safety look teams are going to try to play against them. Etienne was believed to have been their choice last draft. Look for Breece Hall at 25

People keep saying that, that Etienne was believed to have been their choice, but that's over-stating it. Etienne was one of many rumors, none of which were ever confirmed. McShay was the source of that rumor, if I remember, but it was never confirmed.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I like him, but feel he is around pick 40ish value wise. Not saying it isn't possible, just probably lower on the list. 

8 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

But look at the advantages of WR over RB

1.  Long term cost,  right now if the Bills wanted to buy one in FA, a top RB, like Fournette would be about $7M, for a WR like C Kirk $15M

2.  With WR it would even out the WR financial room, Diggs restructured this year, Davis within 2 yrs, and rookie for 4-5 years

3.  WR helps keep Josh happy more.  Taking a shot at a stud WR gives Josh stability in the WR room.  Plus indicates the Bills will remain pass oriented.

4.  There are about 5 good WRs with 1st round grades, no RBs that I have seen, Bryce is mocked in the 2nd.

The Bills just put a huge financial investment into the defense, it makes sense to me to put a draft capital investment into the offense.  Balance things out a bit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.