Breaking: Von Miller to bills, 6 year , 120 million

BillsMafi$

1 hour ago, BillsFanSD said:

Love it.  Miller makes our D-line and entire defense that much better.  Fantastic addition to the locker room too.  I wanted him when he came out of college, and I feel like it's kind of come full circle by getting him here as he closes out a HOF career.

We don't need Von Miller to make the playoffs.  We're already a playoff team, and we'd get back to the postseason with or without him.  We didn't sign Von Miller to win the division.  We would probably win the division next year regardless.  We signed Miller for one reason and one reason only -- to win a super bowl.  And he signed with us because in his judgement Buffalo has a better chance of winning the super bowl than the team that just won the super bowl.

Not sure how a person could be unhappy with that.

We paid too much.

He wears glasses.

Why doesn't he spell his name Vaughn?

Can he play in snow?

Did his girlfriend ever give back the engagement ring?  Oh, that was the other guy.

I hear he eats his wings with ranch dressing.

I don't know why I'd be unhappy with it, either. 

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

so i dont do much on twitter(3 followers) but i have an account just to scroll and view quick reporting.... my god, the amount of people that dont understand how current NFL contracts work is alarming.

You could also read TBD

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Remember when no one wanted to draft Von Miller cause he reminded people of Aaron Maybin...

That was a hot take! But I can't judge. I wanted Blaine Gabbert that year. 🤮

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who wears #58 on the Bills?  image.thumb.png.1ce9384334dfabcdda25ece22bf2a071.png

Who wears #40 on the Bills?  🦗

Investigation over, complete

I wonder if Milano will switch to his college number 28? Wasn't there some rule that you had to buy back unsold jerseys up until this year? Like will we see a bunch of number changes this off season? 

17 minutes ago, teef said:

the war cry for pats fans is definitely 6 years...120 million!  he'll be so old!

For the next 6 years I'll be smiling 120 million times at the Patriots'*** ceiling of mediocrity

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, daz28 said:

Even at 35, he's not going to be the 60th worst DE in the game.  He'll just be a somewhat overpaid one.  It's not like he'll be so bad we'd have to cut him, and crush our cap doing so. 

At 35 no one knows what he will be like. He could be (as one talking head loves to say) falling off a cliff then, or maybe just gets banged up and takes him a lot longer to recover. That’s why I said POSSIBLY for the third year, he also could be fine! I think for the Bills and where the team is it was a SMART signing.. I just don’t know if it gets you over the hump.. 

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

That was a hot take! But I can't judge. I wanted Blaine Gabbert that year. 🤮

I wonder if Milano will switch to his college number 28? Wasn't there some rule that you had to buy back unsold jerseys up until this year? Like will we see a bunch of number changes this off season? 

Von Miller already asked on Insta if 40 was available.

I think if a backup or PS player has the number you want, it's considered OK to ask, but kind of "bad locker room manners" to ask for the number of an established starter (especially one who is a playmaker on your side of the ball).

So if, say, Reggie Gilliam were #58, Von would be "hey, would you let me have that number?" 

Asking for the number of a guy who was one of the leading tacklers and in fact led the team in TFL last year is probably not the way you want to enter the room.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bandito said:

This is true. But also you are scared for your Patsies. Enjoy!

Nah! I enjoy seeing good football. I am hoping resigning McCourty means they draft a couple good corners early like Booth and Coby… and have them learn under fire. It was o virus they needed to rip the D apart after 2 straight games without a Bills punt lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

At 35 no one knows what he will be like. He could be (as one talking head loves to say) falling off a cliff then, or maybe just gets banged up and takes him a lot longer to recover. That’s why I said POSSIBLY for the third year, he also could be fine! I think for the Bills and where the team is it was a SMART signing.. I just don’t know if it gets you over the hump.. 

The bills were already over the hump and it took a flukey turn of events to change that. This was a superbowl team before this signing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

The bills were already over the hump and it took a flukey turn of events to change that. This was a superbowl team before this signing.

A fluke? Neither team had a D that game. It was horrible… wasn’t flukey but it was terrible D.. you could say Tre White back there it doesn’t happen or Miller gets to Mahomes next year would change that!! But definitely not flukey, just like my Pats stunk it up on D against the bills (in a much more amazing way lol) the bills D showed no fortitude against the Chiefs.

5 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

It’s always darkest once the dusk settles.

So by inference, Miller will make the players on the Bills DL better, right? If he’s being overpaid by giving him the money that used to go to Hughes and Addison, that’s still a subjective opinion that’s going to be governed by results. I don’t think you can make that claim based on the comps in this FA period. If 3/52 is the going rate for Chandler then it’s the going rate for a guy like Von too.

Running an argument one way but not the other diminishes the point. Sort of like mixing metaphors. It bottles the mind.

I fully understand your point. Let me try to unbottle your mind. I  overreacted to the signing. I just saw headlines of 6 years 120 mil without knowing the details. My mistake. Several here have justly made that point. Some nice and professional others not so much. 

As I've stated I don't hate the signing. My eyeball test as stated before doesn't see Miller as elite but 2021 statistics show that he is. So it's probably safer to say my eyes aren't seeing things accurately. However, stats can be deceiving.

It remains to be seen how good he will be as a Bill. 

Hope that helps 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

A fluke? Neither team had a D that game. It was horrible… wasn’t flukey but it was terrible D.. you could say Tre White back there it doesn’t happen or Miller gets to Mahomes next year would change that!! But definitely not flukey, just like my Pats stunk it up on D against the bills (in a much more amazing way lol) the bills D showed no fortitude against the Chiefs.

bro... it was the first time in over 15 years a team took the lead with 13 seconds or less and lost that game. and i'd bet LARGE money that mahomes never pulls something like that off again... so stop it. you're wrong.

you could even blame it on horrible situational football from our coaches. but the bills ROSTER was superbowl caliber and showed it. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.