2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

13 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If true Baker gets to go back to Texas.  He'll be fine with it. 

Not necessarily. The Browns could pawn him off somewhere else like Seattle, Indy, New Orleans, or Carolina. 

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

That means Ward and now Mathieu are now gone from that defense. The effects of how they've navigated the Cap will begin to catch up with them. Not to mention how tough that division has gotten over the last week. 

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

Not necessarily. The Browns could pawn him off somewhere else like Seattle, Indy, New Orleans, or Carolina. 

That means Ward and now Mathieu are now gone from that defense. The effects of how they've navigated the Cap will begin to catch up with them. Not to mention how tough that division has gotten over the last week. 

They signed Justin Reid yesterday.  Good player. 

They seem to be doing a bit of what we’re doing at the start of Free Agency… basically rearranging the deck chairs so far.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

On paper the Chargers are the best team in that division. We will see if they can prove it on the field this fall.

7 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

One year deal? Would have liked to have him in that. Unless the Lions grossly overpaid, which I doubt given the lack of coverage this signing has so far. 

Not for 12M i wouldnt want this deal on Bills

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

While I agree, I wonder what the incentives are. Usually when an agent has to pull out the “up to” card it means he didn’t do too well. 

well according to Rap it is 10M guaranteed  without incentives.

Edited by MAJBobby

So with the trickle of yesterdays UFA period. Here is where the bottom 10 of cap space stand. I chose bottom 10 because they will have moved to make to get compliant and sign more players. Some will be easier than others based on their contracts they still have that can be moved around.

22. - Bills 3.8M in space 56 on contract
23. - Cardinals 2.5M in space 59 on contract (does not account for Nukes restructure that was just announced)
24. - Vikings 2.4M in space 59 on contract
25 - Titans -1.6M in space 60 on contract
26. - Chiefs -6.2M in space 60 on contract
27. - Giants -6.4M in space 58 on contract
28. - 49ers -8.9M in space 51 on contact (not a good ratio there)
29. - Saints - 9.8M in space 62 on contract
30. - Bucs -14.7M in space 53 on contract (yes Tawmy is accounted for in this)
31. - Packers -2.7M in space 52 on contract (Adams Tag)  ***UPDATE*** Rodgers new cap hit is 28.5M that saved 18.2M so they are closer to being compliant
32. - Rams -22.8M in space 63 on contract

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.