2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Love that CBs are already in the 1 year deal range.  Opens Levi Wallace up for a return guessing his market was soft again....   Maybe GMs realize how CB friendly McDs Defense is and do not want to fall in the Josh Norman trap again.

Can we please get this done already with Levi?  2 years $8m total, all guaranteed.  He never comes off the field.  Dude deserves it.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

Just now, CapeBreton said:

Would love to have this guy on the team, I wonder what they'd be asking for, he was a second rounder in 2020. Bills did a lot of WR scouting in the 2020 draft so they'd be familiar with him.

I think a 3rd would get it done.

Player for Player....  HMMMM Beasley for Shenault????

18 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Yep Updated with the New Rodgers 22 cap hit

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yep because Hekker can Throw, Hekker can hold and mor importantly something Haack cannot do, Hekker can punt.

Yeah, I was just having a little fun with word play. I think most (all?) want Haack gone. He is/was here to hold for Bass but he's a brutal punter. 

Just now, ExWNYer said:

Yeah, I was just having a little fun with word play. I think most (all?) want Haack gone. He is/was here to hold for Bass but he's a brutal punter. 

Oooo I know it was very good word play and wanted to use it to pile on the steaming pile of haack some more

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think he’d make some sense for teams like GB and Cleveland that need receivers and preferably cheap ones. I don’t think he’s very good though and don’t think he’s a fit here with McKenzie on board; they essentially do the same gadget stuff and not much else. 

Shenault is MUCH bigger than McKenzie and does the same things, but more productive too.  6’1” 220+ and had 50+ and 60+ receptions in his two NFL seasons.

I would not give up too much for a player like him, but for this year’s 3rd I would be quite tempted.

5 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Shenault is MUCH bigger than McKenzie and does the same things, but more productive too.  6’1” 220+ and had 50+ and 60+ receptions in his two NFL seasons.

I would not give up too much for a player like him, but for this year’s 3rd I would be quite tempted.

Shenault is bigger, and does the sames things, but he shouldnt.     He was used that way at Colorado, so yes he has done it, but he shouldnt be in the NFL.   The guy is a 4.6 40 guy and has been miscast with teams trying to recreate what he was doing in college.   He is shifty with the ball in his hands, and has decent hands but as far as being an elite athlete like McKenzie or even Deebo Samuel, who he is often compared to, he is a long ways off.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Uhhh this isn’t great. 

Shenault was the #2 targeted player in Jacksonville. They were bad and he benefited from that.

He was targeted 100 times last year and put up 63/619/0 and 11/41 rushing. That’s 8.9 yards per touch and no TD in 74 touches. 

McKenzie was the #8 targeted player in Buffalo. We had a lot of options and he was a complimentary piece. 

He was targeted 26 times last year and put up 20/178/1 and 9/47/1 rushing. That’s 7.8 yards per touch and 2 TDs on 29 touches. 

Exactly how is Shenault more productive other than sheer volume on a bad team?

Shenault is also a 4.6 runner and McKenzie is a 4.4 runner. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

Uhhh this isn’t great. 

Shenault was the #2 targeted player in Jacksonville. They were bad and he benefited from that.

He was targeted 100 times last year and put up 63/619/0 and 11/41 rushing. That’s 8.9 yards per touch and no TD in 100 touches. 

McKenzie was the #8 targeted player in Buffalo. We had a lot of options and he was a complimentary piece. 

He was targeted 26 times last year and put up 20/178/1 and 9/47/1 rushing. That’s 7.75 yards per touch and 2 TDs on 29 touches. 

He had a lot of drops.

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Shenault is bigger, and does the sames things, but he shouldnt.     He was used that way at Colorado, so yes he has done it, but he shouldnt be in the NFL.   The guy is a 4.6 40 guy and has been miscast with teams trying to recreate what he was doing in college.   He is shifty with the ball in his hands, and has decent hands but as far as being an elite athlete like McKenzie or even Deebo Samuel, who he is often compared to, he is a long ways off.

He is Beasley in terms of Zone Recognition with a much more effective YAC ability.  For a 3rd and 2 years on a Rookie Deal yes please.  I would make this trade over and Barkely or McCaffery trade

I think that RE position gets addressed pretty quickly

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Uhhh this isn’t great. 

He was targeted 100 times last year and put up 63/619/0 and 11/41 rushing. That’s 8.9 yards per touch and no TD in 74 touches. 

He was targeted 26 times last year and put up 20/178/1 and 9/47/1 rushing. That’s 7.8 yards per touch and 2 TDs on 29 touches. 

Yeah. Easy pass on Shenault unless it's a 6th/7th Round flier type of situation. No way in hell do I send anything before that for him. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.