Here’s a couple of moves that make sense to me.

Tipster19

The first one is obvious, draft DT Jordan Davis. He doesn’t have to rush the passer, all he needs to do is just tie up a couple of blockers so Oliver can. Get rid of Star and let’s start fresh.

WR Christian Kirk would be a great addition, especially if the Bills don’t re-sign McKenzie and Beasley.

Ink RB Rashaad Penny to a nice, inexpensive contract. I’m sure that he’d rather be on a team like the Bills instead of a team like Seattle that’s in full blown rebuild.

Speaking of cheap contracts, Shaq is begging to come back. He did a decent job of run defense and that seems to always be a sore spot for us.

Last but not lease make a trade with the Giants Bradberry. 

Utilize the rest of the draft for potential starters and depth. We have plenty of picks to use.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

The first one is obvious, draft DT Jordan Davis. He doesn’t have to rush the passer, all he needs to do is just tie up a couple of blockers so Oliver can. Get rid of Star and let’s start fresh.

WR Christian Kirk would be a great addition, especially if the Bills don’t re-sign McKenzie and Beasley.

Ink RB Rashaad Penny to a nice, inexpensive contract. I’m sure that he’d rather be on a team like the Bills instead of a team like Seattle that’s in full blown rebuild.

Speaking of cheap contracts, Shaq is begging to come back. He did a decent job of run defense and that seems to always be a sore spot for us.

Utilize the rest of the draft for potential starters and depth. We have plenty of picks to use.

I think we can narrow pick 25 down to Jameson Williams,  Jordan Davis or the best CB on the board.  Kirk would be nice but he's too expensive for a slot wr.  Penny and Lawson on very team friendly deals makes sense.

• Like (+1) 5

53 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

You want to spend your first rd pick on a player just so he can take on double teams and allow Ed to rush?  Tough start. 

kirk is solid but I’d rather not spend 10M+ on the dude.  I’d take him for 5M

love me Penny. I was furious when seattle took him in rd 1. Was hoping he’d slip to top of 3.  It would come circle for me if he were the rb on our first SB title.  Dunno how much he’ll cost though.  

sure, let Shaq battle for a roster spot @ vet minimum 

bradberrys cap hit is 21M with one year left.  Maybe extend him and lower the hit?  He wasn’t good last year though.  I dunno if I’d want to pay him more than 5-6M a year tbh,  

3 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

After Davis’s combine, he will long gone before pick 25.

I’m not against moving up in the draft for him. Last year I was a big advocate for Christian Barmore to a very luke warm acceptance. Instead we stood pat (no pun intended) in the 2nd rd and the Patriots (of all teams) ended up with him. By season’s end he was being hailed as a foundational piece to their defense. Buffalo is a great place for Davis due to the heavy rotation they use on the DL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I was really hoping the Bills would have a shot at him, but I don't see him lasting that long. If they really like him, maybe they swing a trade to move up and get him in the middle of round one. But the odds of that are pretty low as well.

2 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Kirk is going to get $12-14M per year, Beane isn't going to pay that.  Adams and Godwin tagged.  Mike Williams stayed with Chargers for $60M over 3 years.  Kirks value was always very high, now its even higher.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Kirk is going to get $12-14M per year, Beane isn't going to pay that.  Adams and Godwin tagged.  Mike Williams stayed with Chargers for $60M over 3 years.  Kirks value was always very high, now its even higher.  

Yeah I have a hard time spending a ton on a free agent receiver with the strength of this draft and the presence of Gabe Davis.  But Kirk hits a little different. He’s a really good fit and you are essentially giving him what you paid Beasley, Feliciano, and McKenzie combined last year.  I’d rather just have Kirk. 

And we paid Sanders 6 million. 

14 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I have a hard time spending a ton on a free agent receiver with the strength of this draft and the presence of Gabe Davis.  But Kirk hits a little different. He’s a really good fit and you are essentially giving him what you paid Beasley, Feliciano, and McKenzie combined last year.  I’d rather just have Kirk. 

And we paid Sanders 6 million. 

I am all for Kirk, he is just going to get a lot better offers elsewhere after whats happened already.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, gobills404 said:

It’s crazy how many people don’t realize that big space eaters who aren’t good pass rushers don’t get double teamed on passing downs

Davis won't be in on passing downs. Running downs are important too.

Beyond that, some big space eaters do indeed get doubled on pass downs. Depends a lot on how good they are at compressing the pocket.

1 hour ago, TFBillsfan said:

I don't think that's as obvious as many think, though certainly very possible. 

He's not a scheme fit for everyone, and outside the medicals and the interviews, the combine has a lot more impact for the fans than for the teams.

Edited by Thurman#1

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I think we can narrow pick 25 down to Jameson Williams,  Jordan Davis or the best CB on the board.  Kirk would be nice but he's too expensive for a slot wr.  Penny and Lawson on very team friendly deals makes sense.

Wait, I lost?’   Put me back in coach!  I can’t do better

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.