Go get Metcalf!

TBBills

Just now, Greg S said:

Go all in to win the Super Bowl. Deal with the cap ramifications later.  I would look to get him if I am Beane.

Especially because DK would be cheap this year, cap is going up next year. 

If we lose him after a season so be it. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Proof? As far as I know he is an excellent teammate with passion. Guess you didn't want Diggs either.

If you know anything about me, then you would know that I loved the trade for Diggs.

Don't spout off stuff you know nothing about.

It also was not that long ago that people on this board were talking about how Metcalf's attitude would be a big turn off to McDermott.

Just because the Seahawks traded Wilson, does not mean they are having a fire sale.

• Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

Just now, taglientep said:

It’s amazing who will buy into your process if you can win a SB

The whole point of having a team with process guys is so that they can assimilate one or two super talented guys that may not be 100% process guys.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Go all in to win the Super Bowl. Deal with the cap ramifications later.  I would look to get him if I am Beane.

Teams get around the cap all the time! Getting Metcalf and a stud pass rusher and were setup for the next 5 SB's!

9 minutes ago, StHustle said:

SMH....what has he done that shows this. Cause he shows Diggs like passion? How'd that work out for us. Imagine Metcalf and Gabe on the outside and Stef returning to the slot!!

Like I said, it wasn't long ago that people on this board were talking about how Metcalf's attitude would not work with McDermott.

Now if Beane and McDermott feel that he can be a process guy, then go for it.

I still doubt that something like this happens.

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

who plays CB?  

Pick up a free agent and draft a couple. We just need someone as good/better than Wallace. Shouldn't be hard.

Dont need to trade for a pass rusher. There are good FA's. So we can use a 2nd for CB.

Edited by sunshynman
  • Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I could also see them wanting some proven weapons around a young QB that they draft.

Not out of the question they don’t want to trade him.  But reports are he wants out already, so they still have to be able to resign him.  If they don’t think they can, then might as well trade him and fuel the rebuilding process.

They still have Lockett and also just landed Noah Fant in the Broncos trade too.

18 minutes ago, StHustle said:

A 1st and Beasley for Metcalf

2nd rounder pass rusher

Trade our 3rd for Saquon

In a non-salary cap world, this would be great, but all those players will command big veteran contracts.  The Bills depend on draft picks on cheap rookie contracts to play important roles.  Getting those three players would likely mean losing three or four of the core guys who make the Bills work so well.  I'm not talking about reserves, either -- we might no longer be able to retain Poyer or Hyde or Milano or Dawkins.  

If the Bills trade veterans for those veterans, that's a better option, but who would be on the block that other teams would want, and that we could afford to part ways with?

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Get it done Beane!!! 

***** those Comp Picks!

Like that’s ever gonna happen, 

puff puff pass…, 

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Like I said, it wasn't long ago that people on this board were talking about how Metcalf's attitude would not work with McDermott.

Now if Beane and McDermott feel that he can be a process guy, then go for it.

I still doubt that something like this happens.

It's not been that long since people wanted us to take him with the pick we took Ed Oliver with. What specific example do you have of him having an attitude problem do you have?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's not been that long since people wanted us to take him with the pick we took Ed Oliver with. What specific example do you have of him having an attitude problem do you have?

Believe me, I have heard the constant whining of fans about taking Ed Oliver over Metcalf, forever.

This was a topic awhile back and there were differing opinions of him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.