Been 5 years since BBMB went down

Another Fan

So I checked in my profile yesterday and saw join date of 3/3/2017.  Right after BBMB disappeared I found this site.  I wasn’t in their long, just a few months before it went down.  Wanted a place to vent after Rex’s last game.  

So we might have found the playoff drought curse wasn’t Doug Flutie or Billy Buffalo but BBMB.  Lol

Its been fun.  Cheers 

• Like (+1) 2

While I never was a member there, I find it hard to believe that a team website that would want to control all its content actually housed a fan message board. I know it used to be somewhat common, but makes no sense. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

While I never was a member there, I find it hard to believe that a team website that would want to control all its content actually housed a fan message board. I know it used to be somewhat common, but makes no sense. 

Power to the People!

😁

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

I'm also a transplant. Overall, I find that the quality of posts at 2BD is better than BBMB. I'm glad that some of the better BBMB posters jumped over here.

I suspect it was rough on the Mods for a while there. I have to give them credit for welcoming all the new folks while establishing expectations. In the end, a lot of great new posters came from that. 

• Like (+1) 1

this is really odd that this came up.  yesterday my cursor fell over my avatar, and my sign up date as 21017 came up.  i was shocked that it had been that long ago.  it was a ton of fun and a lot of great people.  it's too bad it closed as abruptly as it did, but this board is great.  much better football talk here, not that i ever contribute anything to that.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

it was an angry bunch too.  it was rumored that donahoe absolutely hated it.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Somewhere in Florida, there is a guy still defending Tom Donahoe.

Lol... are you talking about Flafitz?

Donahoe almost shut it down years earlier than that but was talked out of it, hence the short novel called the coc.

bbmb was a place where many out of staters kept up with their team the Bills. I chatted there off and on for years. The way the plug was pulled was super sudden and *****.  Posters dispersed and many are here. Im grateful for 2BD and have no desire to reminisce all that hard on the past. It was a glorious MESS at times Off the chain...filled with some great posters. Some no longer with us.

RIP bbmb.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, T&C said:

Lol... are you talking about Flafitz?

Donahoe almost shut it down years earlier than that but was talked out of it, hence the short novel called the coc.

Who else? XD  I still remember him telling me how he got a signed Christmas card from the guy.

1 hour ago, teef said:

it was an angry bunch too.  it was rumored that donahoe absolutely hated it.

Listen you ^^$&#% jerk, we abso-^#$&*(%-lutely were not an "angry bunch". Trust me GODDAMMIT! I F*(@#*(# know, buddy!

JM2C: It was one of the only official team boards, especially at the end. That carried a lot of weight for me, participation wise. The idea that all the saucy ***** we did and etc made it to actual Bills brass at times....that was kind of the appeal to me. I do love this place now but....to me BBMB, for all it's warts, was the major leagues of being an online tool of a fan. Non-offical boards are the minors where the only person you are annoying is some well meaning fan...where it the fun in that?

I do feel badly at all the fun we had at the mods expense, most of whom were pretty cool folks, just trying to do a job. I mean, yeah, there were some...um...interesting candidate choices at the end (ahem, rock chalk) but I enjoyed going down with the ship.

7 hours ago, Another Fan said:

So I checked in my profile yesterday and saw join date of 3/3/2017.  Right after BBMB disappeared I found this site.  I wasn’t in their long, just a few months before it went down.  Wanted a place to vent after Rex’s last game.  

So we might have found the playoff drought curse wasn’t Doug Flutie or Billy Buffalo but BBMB.  Lol

Its been fun.  Cheers 

I came here one day later.same reason. Glad I did

31 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

JM2C: It was one of the only official team boards, especially at the end. That carried a lot of weight for me, participation wise. The idea that all the saucy ***** we did and etc made it to actual Bills brass at times....that was kind of the appeal to me. I do love this place now but....to me BBMB, for all it's warts, was the major leagues of being an online tool of a fan. Non-offical boards are the minors where the only person you are annoying is some well meaning fan...where it the fun in that?

I do feel badly at all the fun we had at the mods expense, most of whom were pretty cool folks, just trying to do a job. I mean, yeah, there were some...um...interesting candidate choices at the end (ahem, rock chalk) but I enjoyed going down with the ship.

I'd be shocked if players and executives don't pay attention to some of the TBD content.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.