McDermott and Beane interviews from the Scouting Combine

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Petitioning to change OT rules in the postseason is such a sad look, lol. Best to move on from the McChoke and let another team take the lead.

It's a loser mentality and Beane and McDermott truly believe that's why they lost the game they obviously weren't paying attention.

• Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Welp, 1st Round CB it is then! Once Beane says stuff like this, you can pretty much count on it.

Which is why it was crazy to hear some posters regarded the position as a “want” rather than a “need.” Boundary CB absolutely needs added talent. By the way, Beane is a much better interview than McD. He will tell you things if you listen hard enough, while McD is like a fortress, he doesn’t give you anything but what you probably expect to hear.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's a loser mentality and Beane and McDermott truly believe that's why they lost the game they obviously weren't paying attention.

Chiefs made the same proposal in 2019 after OT blew up in their face. Buncha losers tho, right?

A lot of teams are pushing for OT changes. Not just the Bills.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 7

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

They know that's not why they lost, come on now....simply making things as fair as possible that other teams have also claimed to be in favor of.

Has nothing at all to do with believing that was reason they lost

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Petitioning to change OT rules in the postseason is such a sad look, lol. Best to move on from the McChoke and let another team take the lead.

My thoughts for playoff OT

Eliminate coin toss - just keep playing where it left off.  If Team A misses a game ending FG, then Team B takes over.  

10 minutes.

Booth Reviews.

2 timeouts.

Tied after 10, play another 10.  

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Chiefs made the same proposal in 2019 after OT blew up in their face. Buncha losers tho, right?

A lot of teams are pushing for OT changes. Not just the Bills.

Because the current OT sucks.  Coin toss winners win most of them.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Which is why it was crazy to hear some posters regarded the position as a “want” rather than a “need.” Boundary CB absolutely needs added talent. By the way, Beane is a much better interview than McD. He will tell you things if you listen hard enough, while McD is like a fortress, he doesn’t give you anything but what you probably expect to hear.

I tend to be one of those posters. Mostly because:

1. I think Dane Jackson can take the #2 spot

2. McBeane have proven they can find and develop decent DBs in the mid/later rounds.

3. I'd rather draft from the inside-out. OL and DL early.

But given the way most mocks are falling (for whatever that's worth), I dont expect guys like Linderbaum, Davis, or Dean to be available at #25. So if the value/BPA is CB, then so be it.

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

McD is really good at saying a bunch of words and revealing nothing.  That's why I don't listen to him. 😀

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I could easily be wrong here, but I feel like it wouldn't be a problem getting 24 votes. Seems like something every team would/should want giving each offense one possession. 

Seems like a no brainer.  2 out of 4 years a great qb watched his team lose in OT without ever getting the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Mat68 said:

Seems like a no brainer.  2 out of 4 years a great qb watched his team lose in OT without ever getting the ball. 

Yeah it only makes all the sense in the world. Although im sure there's a few that would vote against it. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if someone like Jerry Jones ended up voting no

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

I think they are both good at giving what looks like a detailed answer but in reality they say nothing. Which is how it should be TBH. Have to wear the poker face with FA and the draft coming up.

2 hours ago, Rigotz said:

*Consummate.

I'm guessing the twitter guy got it wrong. Otherwise, he probably would have used quotes.

I'm sure he did since he also said "day" instead of "way" in the same sentence.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Lets end epic games with coin tosses?  I'm not sure why there's a discussion.  

Hockey has a golden goal sudden death - but the fluidity of hockey makes this work.  They'll also play for hours til it happens.  

Soccer usually has a full 30 minutes - but they also go to PKs in tournaments which is gross.  

Basketball has full 5 minute periods. I personally like the idea of an Elam ending - because i hate all the stalling/fouling/free throws at the end of games.  Elam ending tends to force teams to just play basketball.  

NFL has a coin toss - where the winner wins more games than they lose (both in regular season and significantly more in playoffs).  I get the idea behind  not wanting to change it, but its playoffs, just play out a full OT period.  You get more of the exciting stuff - 4th down attempts late in the game, game winning drives, etc.  

Edited by dneveu
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

If a highly graded player at WR falls I'd be willing to shoot a shot there.  I'd probably prefer an upgrade at G/C though.  

Diggs, Davis, Knox are/will be Josh's top-3, trusted targets.

Do we spend a 1st round pick on a guy who is our 4th option (at best)? Or a CB who can start right away, play every down, and contribute immediately?

(I agree on G/C, but outside of Linderbaum, I don't think there are any worth the #25 pick)

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I can answer this…

Treylon Burks

Drake London

Jahan Dotson

Zion Johnson

Jameson Williams

I appreciate the list and actual answer. Thanks!

Same question for you as above.

Are you taking balls away from Davis and Knox? Is it worth spending #25 on a guy who will be 4th or 5th option?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Diggs, Davis, Knox are/will be Josh's top-3, trusted targets.

Do we spend a 1st round pick on a guy who is our 4th option (at best)? Or a CB who can start right away, play every down, and contribute immediately?

(I agree on G/C, but outside of Linderbaum, I don't think there are any worth the #25 pick)

I appreciate the list and actual answer. Thanks!

Same question for you as above.

Are you taking balls away from Davis and Knox? Is it worth spending #25 on a guy who will be 4th or 5th option?

Diggs had 164

Beas/mckenzie had 138

Sanders/Davis had 135

Knox had 71

Backs had 82

I don't know that the splits will be obviously - the same?  I assume they'd want to give davis more targets in 2022 - but that 138 number for bease/mckenzie is largely unfulfilled.  The depth behind them isn't particularly notable either.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I can answer this…

Treylon Burks

Drake London

Jahan Dotson

Zion Johnson

Jameson Williams

Just Burks or Williams if they drop. Dean is becoming intriguing especially if TE is traded?  And then there's Jermaine Johnson? Alot will change after the combine. 

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

Diggs had 164

Beas/mckenzie had 138

Sanders/Davis had 135

Knox had 71

Backs had 82

I don't know that the splits will be obviously - the same?  I assume they'd want to give davis more targets in 2022 - but that 138 number for bease/mckenzie is largely unfulfilled.  The depth behind them isn't particularly notable either.  

Fair enough, thanks for the numbers. Agreed that with the way we spread the ball out and around, we can never have enough WRs. Especially as injuries pop up. I'm just considering the difference in contributions between a #4 WR option vs starting CB.

I'm all for drafting O. It has definitely been neglected. But I dont want to force things, "just because".

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Just Burks or Williams if they drop. Dean is becoming intriguing especially if TE is traded?  And then there's Jermaine Johnson? Alot will change after the combine. 

I'll be shocked if Dean is still there at #25.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Fair enough, thanks for the numbers. Agreed that with the way we spread the ball out and around, we can never have enough WRs. Especially as injuries pop up. I'm just considering the difference in contributions between a #4 WR option vs starting CB.

I'm all for drafting O. It has definitely been neglected. But I dont want to force things, "just because".

A 3rd receiver at like 4yr 13M with a 5th year option is also a really nice cost controlled asset.  Depends on the depth in the draft at CB and OG to me whether i'd chance that.  Also if they make a splash and sign a christian kirk it becomes far less likely. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.