Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 2.0 - Bills take Treylon Burks: 3.0 - Bills take Breece Hall

YoloinOhio

No thanks to RBs in the 1st. If you can get some value by trading down and picking one I will hate pick less. Denver for years could take an undrafted RB and churn out 1000 yd runners with ease. That is really all this offense needs not a superstar at position.

Edited by billieve420
  • Agree 1

@IronMaidenBills your draft #1 choice is receiving some support in this thread. I root for the laundry hence whatever McBeane decide I will be comfortable with but Breece Hall certainly  is intriguing. 

Drafts are funny, they never go exactly like anyone thinks they will. But I live for the NFL draft. It is an official family holiday 🙂

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We can’t go into the draft needing to get a starting cb. I don’t think the Bills operate that way. Remember, they were very comfortable with Cam Lewis if Dane Jackson couldn’t handle the job. It’s possible they aren’t as desperate at CB as we think.

Don’t get me wrong they will likely draft 2, but I don’t know if they’re looking for an immediate starter.

I couldn't disagree more. When we drafted Tre White in 2017, he started from Day 1. I'd expect the same after taking a CB in Round 1 in 2022.

If the plan were to sign a Starter in FA, that would have been addressed early. The fact that we were never in on one says to me Round 1 has always been the plan for opposite Tre.

I believe we may sign a veteran like Joe Haden on a 1-yr deal if he's willing to come cheap to add to a 1st Round CB to help fill in the void for a few games without Tre and then to be depth alongside Dane Jackson.

But a Stephon Gilmore, James Bradberry type signing isn't happening. We can't afford it and we're already paying Tre big money. Truly feel the plan has always been to upgrade Levi at CB2 and have them under an affordable Rookie deal by drafting in Round 1. 

Heck, if we continue to fill holes with bargains and the roster is in pretty good shape - it wouldn't shock me to see Beane move up in Round 1 for one of the top two CB's. Especially if one of them slips a little.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

26 minutes ago, muppy said:

@IronMaidenBills your draft #1 choice is receiving some support in this thread. I root for the laundry hence whatever McBeane decide I will be comfortable with but Breece Hall certainly  is intriguing. 

Drafts are funny, they never go exactly like anyone thinks they will. But I live for the NFL draft. It is an official family holiday 🙂

I love the draft, it’s my favorite part of the off-season outside of FA/trades. I want Breece Hall to be a Bill really bad, but I’m not expecting it. Only a handful of players that I’ve wanted have been drafted. Allen, White, and Spiller. I wanted Jonathan Taylor so badly, and I just had that can’t miss vibe. It’s the same feeling I’ve had with Breece Hall. I feel like he does everything we are looking for in a RB. I understand we have other needs, but I just want that dynamic weapon to use as another strategic piece to counter pass defense agressive teams playing Allen. So that way Allen can feast as teams will have to game plan around a great RB. Whoever drafts Breece is going to get a good one. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Why did we sign Von Miller for big money when we could have signed both a top end FA CB and a top end FA OLineman to fill holes for the same amount? We wanted an impact player.. Breece Hall has the potential to be an impact player in this offense. 

Edited by Magnum Force
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Jeremiah mocks Drake London at #10 to NYJ to play Big Slot. That will be a novel offense with Berrios at Small Slot and Moore at Regular Slot.

I’m not going to put a lot of stock in his knowledge of team needs in general, or the Bills in particular.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Jeremiah mocks Drake London at #10 to NYJ to play Big Slot. That will be a novel offense with Berrios at Small Slot and Moore at Regular Slot.

I’m not going to put a lot of stock in his knowledge of team needs in general, or the Bills in particular.

Mel Kiper also has Drake London going to the Jets with pick #4 so maybe him and Jeremiah both know something. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/22/2022 at 2:55 PM, YoloinOhio said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2022-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-bills-land-another-playmaking-wr-for-jos

Pick

Buffalo Bills

Treylon Burks

Arkansas · WR · Junior

The Bills could opt for a CB here, but Burks would be too tempting as a big addition to their offensive firepower.

mock 3.0

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2022-nfl-mock-draft-3-0-packers-nab-2-receivers-in-round-1-after

Pick

Buffalo Bills

Breece Hall

Iowa State · RB · Junior

The Bills are poised to make a Super Bowl run, and Hall could be the finishing touch on offense

HALLELUJAH 

2 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

He destroys them without one 

Not in Jacksonville 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

With as dire as the Bills needs at CB and OG are, and considering how much they could use some dynamic young WRs, and given how good Singletary looked in the last quarter of the season once given the reins….

I find it hard to imagine that Beane would use the 25th pick on a running back, especially one who offers no more breakaway speed than the guys currently on our roster.

4.65 vs 4.39??

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Are we sure he hasn't been taken hostage by @IronMaidenBills?

Jeremiah is a smart man and former scout!! By the way, I’m the conductor of the Breece Hall train 

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We can’t go into the draft needing to get a starting cb. I don’t think the Bills operate that way. Remember, they were very comfortable with Cam Lewis if Dane Jackson couldn’t handle the job. It’s possible they aren’t as desperate at CB as we think.

Don’t get me wrong they will likely draft 2, but I don’t know if they’re looking for an immediate starter.

They fell to remember the revamped defensive front Beane has assembled this off season 

• Like (+1) 1

Not since 1999 and Marshall Faulk has the Super Bowl champion had a 1st team all pro running back. Why? Because it is a passing league. Need to be able to pass and defend the pass at a high level. Bills need CB or help to keep Josh upright from the oline more than they need a running back in the first round. 

• Dislike 2

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I couldn't disagree more. When we drafted Tre White in 2017, he started from Day 1. I'd expect the same after taking a CB in Round 1 in 2022.

If the plan were to sign a Starter in FA, that would have been addressed early. The fact that we were never in on one says to me Round 1 has always been the plan for opposite Tre.

I believe we may sign a veteran like Joe Haden on a 1-yr deal if he's willing to come cheap to add to a 1st Round CB to help fill in the void for a few games without Tre and then to be depth alongside Dane Jackson.

But a Stephon Gilmore, James Bradberry type signing isn't happening. We can't afford it and we're already paying Tre big money. Truly feel the plan has always been to upgrade Levi at CB2 and have them under an affordable Rookie deal by drafting in Round 1. 

Heck, if we continue to fill holes with bargains and the roster is in pretty good shape - it wouldn't shock me to see Beane move up in Round 1 for one of the top two CB's. Especially if one of them slips a little.

Yup, and he was the 5th CB taken that draft.  If they think one of the guys within reach is a stud, a trade-up might be in order.  Because let's face it, CB is a far, far greater need and value (which is subjective for the most part, and it wouldn't be a reach to take any of the projected 1st round CBs...in the 1st round, and there is bound to be 1 or 2 still left at 25) than RB.  It would be a different story if Tre were healthy, but he's not, and a FA CB might not be happening.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.