Dolphins Hire Wes Welker as WR coach

BuffaloBillyG

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

He’s a position coach…who really cares?

Position coach can make a difference,

Bills hired Zay Jones college coach from Eastern Carolina as WR coach and on his recommendation he signed Zay Jones. 

He made comment about Zay Jones being most prepared to be in NFL of all of the WRs he has seen.

He connected with Coach McD when he was working as DC for Panthers although they did not work together.

When Zay Jones got to NFL he regressed when he had a coach who knew his strengths, weaknesses and makeup very well.

Previous WR coach was dumped even though he was under contract and all of the WRs said he was able to help them improve their game,

David Cully was hired as QB coach with no previous experience as QB coach due to working with Coach McD for two years.

He previously had coached as WR coach and he expressed that he needed more experience to be considered as head coach after being an assistant head coach.

Position coaches make a difference.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Position coach can make a difference,

Bills hired Zay Jones college coach from Eastern Carolina as WR coach and on his recommendation he signed Zay Jones. 

He made comment about Zay Jones being most prepared to be in NFL of all of the WRs he has seen.

He connected with Coach McD when he was working as DC for Panthers although they did not work together.

When Zay Jones got to NFL he regressed when he had a coach who knew his strengths, weaknesses and makeup very well.

Previous WR coach was dumped even though he was under contract and all of the WRs said he was able to help them improve their game,

David Cully was hired as QB coach with no previous experience as QB coach due to working with Coach McD for two years.

He previously had coached as WR coach and he expressed that he needed more experience to be considered as head coach after being an assistant head coach.

Position coaches make a difference.

And that's putting it mildly. You have to have a strong group of coaches o succeed in the NFL.

I absolutely love the fact that e current Bills staff contains six former and current coordinators.

I think I is huge. I wis McD could have found a highly desirable STs coordinator though this new guy might be you never know.....

we have to get that defense to be much better this year. Hopefully the three coordinators get some more talent, learn to be more aggressive and turn the corner to really become one of the better defenses one league.

9 hours ago, JohnNord said:

He’s a position coach…who really cares?

Our OC this coming year was a position coach last year. If Dorsey would have left there's a chance Chad Hall, our WRs coach would have been next in line for internal hire.

From what I have seen 49er fans were sad to see him go. He's done a nice job with a really ragtag group of WRs (outside of Deebo).

Chances are he can be a big help to a guy like Waddle. Waddle has speed and if Welker can help him with technique he's even more dangerous.

This is actually Miami's best move of the offseason so far. Still not worried about the Dolphins, but good hire.

35 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Our OC this coming year was a position coach last year. If Dorsey would have left there's a chance Chad Hall, our WRs coach would have been next in line for internal hire.

Maybe true if comparing to the rest of the coaches already in the building, but this would pretty much guarantee an outside hire. Dude isnt even close to being ready to be an OC, and I dont know that he'll ever be. He's a great position coach, but it's a whole different level running, designing, and calling an offense.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This is actually Miami's best move of the offseason so far. Still not worried about the Dolphins, but good hire.

Maybe true if comparing to the rest of the coaches already in the building, but this would pretty much guarantee an outside hire. Dude isnt even close to being ready to be an OC, and I dont know that he'll ever be. He's a great position coach, but it's a whole different level running, designing, and calling an offense.

He's very well thought of by everyone in that building.  I guarantee he's more involved in running and designing the offense than people think.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.