Webb is not our QB coach. Speculation was wrong

Reed83HOF

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It’s been trending this way for awhile.  He’d get a nice bump, be the OC in waiting, and maybe even get on the fast track to a HC position. 

It's getting some play on Twitter right now, you start to wonder where there's smoke there is fire

2 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I think Tierney will be QBC unless he goes with Daboll.

Agreed. I don't think Assistant QB Coach is considered different to QB coach by the league. Promotions are only position coach to coordinator or coordinator to HC. So while I am sure Daboll wants to take Tierney (he brought him from 'Bama) the Bills do not have to give permission. 

2 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Or a flop

Could be.  But those who know him rave about his intelligence.  So there’s that.  Another option would be to bring in a guy like David Culley, who was here before, has been all over the place, and apparently did nothing to help Josh.  “Terrific guy” was the quote an anonymous Bills staffer gave when asked to describe his performance here.  (I’d bet $100 that was Daboll, for what it’s worth.)

41 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I think Tierney will be QBC unless he goes with Daboll.

FWIW, Tierney is already listed as the Giants QB coach on their staff Wikipedia page. I heard a rumor a while ago that Tierney was Daboll’s guy and would follow him. 

Grain of salt though.

Edited by Bangarang

32 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Depends who is talking about it. If it's just the Cover 1 guys...there's no smoke there. Anyone credible/informed doing any smoke about it?

Nothing credible enough yet that I would put any faith in it.  Erik had some connections 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

FWIW, Tierney is already listed as the Giants QB coach on their staff Wikipedia page. I heard a rumor a while ago that Tierney was Daboll’s guy and would follow him. 

Grain of salt though.

I could only find him listed on the Bills page.  He is Dabolls guy but like Gunner said he can be blocked. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 1

Should be Tierney with Webb as assistant QB coach.  If Tierney's smart, like Dorsey was, he'll stay with the Bills.  And so will Webb.  Although I'm sure the pay from being a player to an assistant QB coach is a major downgrade.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.