Mahomes to Allen postgame: "Hell of a football game, dog. We're going to do this a lot, man. Hell of a game."

Big Turk

Found a clip on what Mahomes and Allen said to each other postgame with an audio stream...have to say that was major respect Mahomes showed to Allen leaving his team's celebration and making a beeline to Allen to embrace him.

Allen responds with "Great game. Stay healthy Pat, stay healthy."

Edited by Big Turk
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• Big Turk changed the title to Mahomes to Allen postgame: "Hell of a football game, dog. We're going to do this a lot, man. Hell of a game."

Game knows Game.

I do not like the Chiefs, and Mahomes is unlikable to me, but you have to respect their game and results.

Allen wiped out any question about his place in the NFL hierarchy with the 4 game win streak to finish the season and take the Division. The playoffs cemented it.

Classy move by Mahomes. Classy reply by Allen. Two of the best.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I enjoy the Ratface mocking of the enemy, but I think he's a much nicer fella than his no account bro.

I think Pat Sr., and Pat Jr., are the only two in the family who aren't worthless scum.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

I expected arrogance and disrespect from the Chiefs players and fans and I was pleasantly proven wrong. The game wasn’t chippy and trash talk, Mahomes was extremely classy and respectful to Allen and our team, and also Chiefs fans…. Their donating over 400k to Oshei is incredible and really encouraging to me as a human and football fan. I can honestly say I’m rooting for the Chiefs now I think they’re the best team left. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

I expected arrogance and disrespect from the Chiefs players and fans and I was pleasantly proven wrong. The game wasn’t chippy and trash talk, Mahomes was extremely classy and respectful to Allen and our team, and also Chiefs fans…. Their donating over 400k to Oshei is incredible and really encouraging to me as a human and football fan. I can honestly say I’m rooting for the Chiefs now I think they’re the best team left. 

The fans who were still there when Allen ran into the tunnel literally stood up and gave him a standing ovation. They realized they just witnessed greatness even if it was in defeat and they appreciated it.

12 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

I am too but I could have lived without hearing "Blluueeee 80" for another 2 games...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Found a clip on what Mahomes and Allen said to each other postgame with an audio stream...have to say that was major respect Mahomes showed to Allen leaving his team's celebration and making a beeline to Allen to embrace him.

Allen responds with "Great game. Stay healthy Pat, stay healthy."

I would have preferred Allen looking for Mahomes and Bills fans donating money to Mahomes's charity of choice. I would have had no problem sending out $250.00 for a Bills win and another game today

11 minutes ago, Success said:

I lost track of the # of "this is the new Brady/Manning" comments I saw on twitter & elsewhere.

This will be a great rivalry.  And I have more respect for Reid and Mahomes than a few others I could mention.

We'll see if the NFL actually allows us to win 2 SB's like Manning. After watching the Diggs OPI get completely ignored,  I have my doubts. Allen just doesn't generate enough NFL revenue for his team to get calls like Brady for 20 years.

• Eyeroll 2

Maybe some of the fans on the Chiefs message board are trashy, but I lived in Lawrence KS and KC for ten years and the people there, and the fans, are salt of the earth types. 

Every team has its dirtbag fans, but I don't think the Chiefs fans are particularly offensive. Midwesterners are rather the contrary.  

Edited by Dr. K
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

Heck with Mahomes. Who cares?  He wouldn’t have said that I’d they lost. 

Please tell me times you have seen QB’s of losing teams go sprinting  across the field to go snd find the winning QB and say what Mahomes said….definitely the early favorite for troll post of the day 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

24 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The fans who were still there when Allen ran into the tunnel literally stood up and gave him a standing ovation. They realized they just witnessed greatness even if it was in defeat and they appreciated it.

Hadn’t heard that.  Very cool, he deserved it.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I enjoy the Ratface mocking of the enemy, but I think he's a much nicer fella than his no account bro.

I'm still salty too, 'but ratface mocking the enemy'? This is a salty and homerish take IMO. BTW, I consider him more of a Sideshow Bob personally.

That said, how does making a bee line running past all of his own teammates in a huge moment to find a competitor 'mocking the enemy'? Mahomes barely celebrated the TD and started running for Allen.

Both of these guys put it all out there. Mahomes knew it. I also like to think he knew how devastating losing that game would have felt and had to have a few words with Allen in the moment. That is respect. Like Allen, Mahomes thrives on competition, and Allen made him dig extra deep to pull it out.

Other than divisional games and the Super Bowl nothing brings out 'sicko mode' in Mahomes more than Buffalo/ Allen. I think Mahomes gets bored at times with NFL competition. It could be the trade, it could be Allen ascending, but Buffalo will be getting Mahomes' best every time they play. Allen showed he can go toe to toe with him, and Mahomes had to recognize it in the moment.

Mahomes knows Allen is one of the few QBs in the NFL who can challenge him. I see it as nothing but respect, and it was good to see for the sport.

1 minute ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

I’m still salty too, 'but ratface mocking the enemy'? This is a salty and homerish take IMO.

I don’t think he’s saying Mahomes was mocking Josh.  He’s saying he thinks it’s funny to call Pat ratface.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.