I love some of you… but I hate this site right now

NewEra

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ve said countless times…… I’m definitely NOT over it.  I don’t expect to be over it for several months/years.  I feel worse about this loss than any in my life.  As 13 year old kid I cried over wide right, but I wasn’t as invested in the team as I am now.  I had a lifetime to still “win a super bowl before I die”.  Time is running out.  

i just don’t feel the need to make this place even more miserable than it is right now by wallpapering hot takes throughout every thread. 

Ok, so if we don’t win the SB next year, you’d fire McDermott.  Now we know.

I'm over a decade older than you. The window of mortality does make a loss like this tougher to take. As I wrote in another post, it's also that I have relatives in their eighties. I want them to be there to share a Bills' SB victory with, and this was a prime opportunity lost due to incompetence. It's much harder than just getting blown out. Josh Allen played the best football I've ever seen from a qb in the playoffs for two games. The penultimate Bills' TD was an epic drive with multiple fourth down conversions, simply spectacular, clutch play. The joy of the last Bills' TD was so intense and then so quickly dashed in an almost incomprehensible manner. That's why the emotions are so raw and perduring. I'm not out to fire the coach, but I get the anger and that folks can't stop writing about it; granted it can get tedious and irksome.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Stuartjohn said:

Fire Lesley Frazier or McD or both! They cost us our chance just sickening- worst part McD won’t own up to the incompetence game management at the end of game!
Mcd & Lesley should sit in So Fi suites cheering the Chiefs on- there the Reason The Chiefs are in Super Bowl!

Excellent thread titles. Can you come up with a few more?

1 minute ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I don’t know what to make of these “we would beat … “ posts. Especially after the Jax debacle. Be better. 

And we don't make the playoffs without a flute play by Dalton McD's first year.

Yes the Jacksonville game sucked. But that was a series of bad plays bad decisions and that happens. Here were talking 13 seconds and something that has never happened before. The Bills were two games and 13 seconds away.....  It was damn close. 

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Zomg….the coaching staff ruined my life!!!!  ZOMG!!!!!!!!!  Lol.  Not surprised the least bit. 

We weren’t the supposed #1 d.  We WERE the number one d.  Playing in a league that now caters to the O and **** on the D.  KC is a great team, led by a great qb and a great play caller and 2 future hall of fame playmakers…..while we were without our best defender.  That’s what sometimes happens.  😢 

I never went anywhere near saying the coaching staff ruined my life... perhaps that's you!

I can't watch the NFL network or ESPN simply because I don't want to listen to crap about the Chiefs for the next week. And yes, I'm hoping the Bengals beat them so I don't need to listen to them after next week.

KC fans rejoicing in those 13 seconds. How Travis Kelce hated the #13 and now loves it, ETC. 

Statistically the 2021 Buffalo Bills were the #1 overall defense. Realistically, stats are very misleading. The Bills got that #1 ranking by beating a bunch of backup scrub QBs , backup QBs in  Miami, Washington, Houston, NY Jets, Saints. 

Tell me how good that #1 defense was in giving up 41 points to the Colts, their RB 32 rushes for 185 yards, 4 TDs. Over 500 yards of offense to the Chiefs, 552 to be exact. 

The simple truth is that the 2021 Buffalo Bills were about to kick off to the Chiefs with 13 seconds left in the game, with a 94.3 chance of win probability.  Bills QB Josh Allen played two near perfect games in the playoffs.  It DOES suck they lost as we could have had a home AFC Championship game

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

I come here for many reasons.  I enjoy discussing our favorite team and the league that it plays in.  I enjoy reading different perspectives than my own (even though they’re all wrong if not aligned with mine, obv). I enjoy learning about prospects, schemes and football 101.  I enjoy discussing the draft.  I enjoy reading the same nonsense from the same idiots on a daily basis.   It makes me feel better about myself knowing that I’m not that stupid (regardless of what you might think 🤔).

This loss to the chiefs was unusually painful.  Worse than any loss I can remember, as a fan or as a participant. Pain.   I haven’t watched or listened to one second of sports talk/social media since.  Every time a buddy texts me about something sports related, my reply is the same: too soon.  

That said, I can’t seem to stay away from tbd.  I’ve been coming here for just short of 20 years now and I enjoy it more often ever (thanks to 17, most of you guys pretty much suck).  Until this week.  This week has been pathetic.  Maybe I’ve been pathetic too, being unable to swallow anything sports related, but some of the takes this week….. good ****ing lord.  We have a great team that should have won the SB of not for 

a bad coaching decision/s. Yet all I see is doom and gloom/nonsense spewing 🤮.  Yes it sucks that we lost, but don’t over think it. We’re a championship caliber team. We didn’t lose because Motor isn’t good enough.  We didn’t lose because Beane didn’t draft Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith (like I wanted them to).  We didn’t lose because our players aren’t fast enough. We didn’t lose because Tremaine edmunds sucks.  We didn’t lose because we don’t have a premier pass rusher. We didn’t lose because Cole Beasley didn’t get vaccinated.  Stop.  We lost because of a bad coaching decision/failed communications within our STs.  Not sure which, but that’s why we lost.  We had the game 95% won and then 13 seconds happened.  We’ll never know why we lost or what we could’ve done to ensure a win.  I know it’s a message board and this is what we do…..but it’s not enjoyable right now, for me anyways.  Act like you’ve been there before…..because most of you have.  I know it was a tough loss, but get it together tbd.

I’m not getting over it or getting crap together.

With a legit HC, we are prepping to go to the Super Bowl in 24 hours…at home.

Our HC cost us this game. Period. No excuses for the guy left. I’m so sick of him being pampered on here.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’ve said countless times…… I’m definitely NOT over it.  I don’t expect to be over it for several months/years.  I feel worse about this loss than any in my life.  As 13 year old kid I cried over wide right, but I wasn’t as invested in the team as I am now.  I had a lifetime to still “win a super bowl before I die”.  Time is running out.  

i just don’t feel the need to make this place even more miserable than it is right now by wallpapering hot takes throughout every thread. 

Ok, so if we don’t win the SB next year, you’d fire McDermott.  Now we know.

Again your reading comprehension needs work.  It means, if another coaching blunder occurs costing us a huge game, hes fired.

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

I make it seem like it’s easy to get back to the super bowl.  If that’s what you got out of this post, than you’re one of the reasons this site sucks right now.  Yup, that’s it.  

Most of the time when this site sucks is intolerant posters who think only their view is acceptable and right and if someone posts a differing opinion they are terrible, shouldn’t be posting and need to be shouted down. We saw enough of this with Beasley and any other number of threads. Some of you are just like Parag Agrawal, if people  don’t say the things the way you want to hear it, you want to ban people from expressing their views.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Getting over it means being able to look into the future with confidence. Ive always felt that McD is a good and fully qualified and experienced professional football coach but I’ve had my doubts about his suitability as a top tier head coach of the kind that can lead you to a championship. I say that believing for the most part in his ability to prepare and motivate his roster fully acknowledging that with most any coach (except maybe the greatest of them) there will be bumps in the road ala Jacksonville. The last 13 seconds perfectly illustrates my concerns with him but it really only confirms a course of conduct that has been noticeable for a long time. Maybe one charitable way of describing it is as a lack of confidence in himself and in his resources. 
I worry that despite having arguably the greatest player in the game at the all important position coaching may unduly hamper our chances of acceding to a championship, bearing in mind that even with the best coaching nothing is guaranteed. Its a character thing and I believe from experience that it is hard for people to change. And that I suspect is what is called for. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

I come here for many reasons.  I enjoy discussing our favorite team and the league that it plays in.  I enjoy reading different perspectives than my own (even though they’re all wrong if not aligned with mine, obv). I enjoy learning about prospects, schemes and football 101.  I enjoy discussing the draft.  I enjoy reading the same nonsense from the same idiots on a daily basis.   It makes me feel better about myself knowing that I’m not that stupid (regardless of what you might think 🤔).

This loss to the chiefs was unusually painful.  Worse than any loss I can remember, as a fan or as a participant. Pain.   I haven’t watched or listened to one second of sports talk/social media since.  Every time a buddy texts me about something sports related, my reply is the same: too soon.  

That said, I can’t seem to stay away from tbd.  I’ve been coming here for just short of 20 years now and I enjoy it more often ever (thanks to 17, most of you guys pretty much suck).  Until this week.  This week has been pathetic.  Maybe I’ve been pathetic too, being unable to swallow anything sports related, but some of the takes this week….. good ****ing lord.  We have a great team that should have won the SB of not for 

a bad coaching decision/s. Yet all I see is doom and gloom/nonsense spewing 🤮.  Yes it sucks that we lost, but don’t over think it. We’re a championship caliber team. We didn’t lose because Motor isn’t good enough.  We didn’t lose because Beane didn’t draft Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith (like I wanted them to).  We didn’t lose because our players aren’t fast enough. We didn’t lose because Tremaine edmunds sucks.  We didn’t lose because we don’t have a premier pass rusher. We didn’t lose because Cole Beasley didn’t get vaccinated.  Stop.  We lost because of a bad coaching decision/failed communications within our STs.  Not sure which, but that’s why we lost.  We had the game 95% won and then 13 seconds happened.  We’ll never know why we lost or what we could’ve done to ensure a win.  I know it’s a message board and this is what we do…..but it’s not enjoyable right now, for me anyways.  Act like you’ve been there before…..because most of you have.  I know it was a tough loss, but get it together tbd.

I'm as big a fan of the team as all here, but anyone taking the loss this hard this far out needs to reevaluate things a bit.  That's not judgment on anyone, just advice.

1. Our coaching blew the coverage schemes the last 13 seconds, S/T or kickoff meant jack. No team should allow 44 yards in less than 10 seconds.

2. Our dline was a heavily invested part our salary cap, so darn right fans should be upset they didn't produce better.  This unit is Not super bowl caliber and until we can get after the Qb better, this will continue to haunt us against top caliber offenses.

3.  Our #1 defense rating was a mirage all season, anyone who watches closely understood our deficiencies at generating front 4 sacks and not being a physical team.

4. Nobody should act like we just blew our one and only super bowl chance, of the Josh Allen Era.  Bengals, Rams, and 49ers would have all presented tough challenges.  

5. As for next year, we will be right back in the same fold as we were this season.  Front office needs to evaluate personnel closely, and tough decisions on the defensive side of ball/def style and coaching.  Can't be 1 dimensional on offense, and need more physical play from our defesnse.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'll try and end of a positive note.   Josh Allens QB play since the second half of the Tampa Bay game is some of the greatest QBing Ive ever seen in this league and Ive been watching football for 50 years.  I would love to total his stats, with his rushing yards in that span.  It was awe inspiring.   It could of, and should of been even more and hopefully will in 22.

Edited by billsfan714
  • Like (+1) 1

The advice that I’m willing to offer to those who are struggling to get past this loss, is the same strategy that I often use.

And that is; I refuse to allow something that I have no control over, ruin my life.  I’m not a player, or a friend of a player, I’m not a coach, or an employee of the Bills.  I’m just a fan for 48 years and counting and that’s it!  In less than two minutes after that game, I was in my hot tub.

A heart surgeon that I know has never missed a home game (imagine that) which includes the home snow game in Detroit a few years ago.  If he was as distraught as some of you people on this board, his patients would all be dead.

People tell you to get over it, because we know that God doesn’t give you what you can handle.  Instead; God helps you handle the things that you are given.  Open your eyes.

• Like (+1) 1

My prediction is that this feeling is going to continue at least to the SB ... So maybe if people don't like it you might want to avoid the place until after that.

Also want to suggest that people might want to pump the brakes on the expectations that they will be back this time next year competing for a championship ... That's not how sports work unfortunately... They might be back ... They might not... There are no guarantees

15 hours ago, NewEra said:

It’s because most of know the team is cursed, and the football gods will never allow a handful of teams to ever win...😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Even Brady got a lot of breaks to get to all those Super Bowls. This one will hurt. Remember the Saints 3 years ago, so much for them returning to the big game.

Scorp83 was bang on.  It's one thing for mistakes throughout the game however when you screw up 13 seconds like no team has ever done before that's another.

I can tolerate physical mistakes. But mental mistakes are inexcusable. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And because of the magnitude of this game, people are pissed and have a right to be. You don't get over wide right or 13 seconds in a few days. Trust me I know.....it takes alot longer.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

My life isn’t ruined…….  I’m abstaining from sports related media.  This will sting for a long time, but I know how to cope so I can enjoy my life outside of Bills football.  I have a wonderful life.  We just purchased a new home and I have plenty of things to keep me busy. When I want to take a break from that stuff, I enjoy spending some free time here.  Over the last 6 days, I haven’t enjoyed any of my time here.  Not because we lost, but because others don’t know how to cope like adults. 

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

I can tolerate physical mistakes. But mental mistakes are inexcusable. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And because of the magnitude of this game, people are pissed and have a right to be. You don't get over wide right or 13 seconds in a few days. Trust me I know.....it takes alot longer.

You’ll tolerate all of it you have no choice, unless you’d like to stop being a bills fan that is

4 hours ago, billsfan714 said:

Again your reading comprehension needs work.  It means, if another coaching blunder occurs costing us a huge game, hes fired.

My reading comp is fine.  I’ve stayed already……If we lose, it will likely be because of coaching.  It doesn’t have a to be a blunder….last year, there wasn’t a specific or multiple coaching gaffes. It was an entire game plan that lost us the game. 

4 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I'm over a decade older than you. The window of mortality does make a loss like this tougher to take. As I wrote in another post, it's also that I have relatives in their eighties. I want them to be there to share a Bills' SB victory with, and this was a prime opportunity lost due to incompetence. It's much harder than just getting blown out. Josh Allen played the best football I've ever seen from a qb in the playoffs for two games. The penultimate Bills' TD was an epic drive with multiple fourth down conversions, simply spectacular, clutch play. The joy of the last Bills' TD was so intense and then so quickly dashed in an almost incomprehensible manner. That's why the emotions are so raw and perduring. I'm not out to fire the coach, but I get the anger and that folks can't stop writing about it; granted it can get tedious and irksome.

Everyone was jumping around mauling each other  at the bar when we scored with 13 secs left. I stood there in awe of 17 and shed a tear.  Just so happy that we finally have a QB capable of playing at such a high level.  

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.