Freedom Convoy eh

wnyguy

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

GiveSendGo Tells Canadian Officials What to Do With Their Order Stopping Donations to the Freedom Convoy

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/02/11/givesendgo-tells-canadian-officials-what-to-do-with-their-order-stopping-donations-to-the-freedom-convoy-n520514

cc62d93a-d154-4c35-96dd-6278e9592e7f-860

What happens when old Conservatives can't get their diapers because no one is shipping them anymore? 

9 minutes ago, yall said:

Good, they should arrest them once the protest becomes a safety issue or is causing major disruptions, blocks traffic, etc.

And before guys get your panties in a wad, I've said the same thing when BLM, antifa or any other group of ****heads clog up roads.

I don’t see buildings burning in the background, this is the furthest thing from BLM. This will only further inflame and exacerbate the situation. Simply lift the mandates, many countries are already, and they will disperse! 

3 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

Yeah!

Weird post to be saying “yeah!” to. 

Just now, HamSandwhich said:

I don’t see buildings burning in the background, this is the furthest thing from BLM. This will only further inflame and exacerbate the situation. Simply lift the mandates, many countries are already, and they will disperse! 

I'm not talking about the buildings being burned but rather people causing safety issues and major disruptions. I think you know this. Cool straw man though bro.

I'm fine with people's right to protest. Even stupid people. But when it's this disruptive it goes beyond that right. 

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Just heard on the news there is a trucker convoy headed to LA for the Super Bowl.  I would LOVE to see them ring the stadium so no one could attend the game. That would be beautiful!  Scratch my anti-mandate and anti-football itch. 😂

That would be interesting! 

6 minutes ago, yall said:

I'm not talking about the buildings being burned but rather people causing safety issues and major disruptions. I think you know this. Cool straw man though bro.

I'm fine with people's right to protest. Even stupid people. But when it's this disruptive it goes beyond that right. 

So it was ok when the governments of both countries shut down the border? No disruptions then. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, yall said:

Who determines how destructive and when to stop it? What are their motives? 

Also, I BLM would not be an apt relation to this, these are working class people, those were mostly people with too much time in their hands and nothing to do. Big difference. Some here will lose their jobs if this mandate stays in place. There needs to be pain. No rioting, no looting, they’re doing jt the right way. 

Edited by HamSandwhich
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Weird post to be saying “yeah!” to. 

Someone will have to change those babies diapers. 

19 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

So it was ok when the governments of both countries shut down the border? No disruptions then. 

If by "ok" you mean legal, then yes. Unless you're one of those people that thinks countries don't have the right to manage their borders.

Whether or not you agree with the cause someone is protesting in favor of, doesn't mean it's ok to just ignore the rule of law.

If they are violating the law (which by all appearances they are) they should be dealt with accordingly.

With that being said, speaking of burning buildings I haven't heard any updates on the arson attempt on the apartment building in Ottawa. Will any of these online betting apps let me place even money that the guy with purple hair wasn't one of the truckers?

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

‘Very definition of TYRANNY’: Canadian Army Major breaks ranks and speaks OUT against Trudeau in EPIC videos (watch)

Is this the spark that ignites a Civil War? Stay tuned...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Freedom Convoy Spreads Across the World, With Protests in the Most Unlikely Countries. 

“But even with police cracking down on the protesters in Ottawa and limiting their access to fuel, international support for the truckers has been growing, with protests taking place from the U.K. and the Netherlands to the U.S. and New Zealand.”

https://www.newsweek.com/freedom-convoy-spreads-across-world-1678324

4 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

Haha here he is again. Oh yes, I’m so triggered as I’m over here laughing a your posts. You can’t be taken seriously. If you any be taken seriously, then one cannot be “triggered”, as the uncool and infantile people like yourself say,  as there is no substance to what you say. I don’t give you any credit for your drivel because it’s hollowed out reasoning, in other words, no rationality at all. One cannot be “triggered” by something that has no weight at all. Carry on, I’ll continue to be entertained by your vapid statements. Bless your heart. This will be fun! 

But you are 👆🤡

• Haha (+1) 1

“This is no longer a protest. With a protest, you peacefully make your point and go back home, and I know the vast majority of people did that,” said Ford, saying that the point has been heard, and telling those at the border crossing and in Ottawa to go home.

“I urge you, it’s time to leave, and it’s time to do so peacefully,” he said.

“There will be consequences to these actions, and they will be severe,” he said, saying that the province was cracking down on funds from the GiveSendGo.

“Today, I’m using my authority as premier of Ontario to declare a state of emergency in our province. I will convene cabinet to use legal authorities to urgently enact orders that will make crystal-clear [that] it is illegal and punishable to block and impede the movement of goods, people, and services on critical infrastructure,” said Ford, which will include international border crossings, 400-series highways, airports, ports, bridges, and railways.

“It will also include protecting the safe and essential movement of ambulatory and medical services, public transit, municipal and provincial roadways, as well as pedestrian walkways.” Fines for non compliance will be “severe,” with a maximum penalty of $100,000 and up to a year in prison, the premier said.

There's going to be an actual insurrection.  

Screenshot_20220211-173314_One UI Home.jpg

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Judge orders Freedom Convoy truckers to clear the Ambassador Bridge by 7 p.m. or risk arrest

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/02/11/vehicles-may-be-seized-judge-orders-freedom-convoy-truckers-to-clear-the-ambassador-bridge-by-7-p-m-or-risk-arrest/

This is when the truckers dig in and the government of Canada will show what petty tyrants they really are.

Loyalty to the country always, loyalty to the government when they deserve it. - Mark Twain

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

shocker - so easy to target Trumpys...

I love it when you find the memo that was sent to the libs.....

Taibbi shreds 2022 Libs - I put this part first for Bill - even one of your own is mocking you and your response to the truckers:

"Meanwhile, in a hilarious third-rate spoof version of American conventional wisdom — when Canadians try to imitate American pretensions, does it ever not end in a cringe-worthy self-own? — CBC announcer Nil Köksal went on air on January 28th and suggested the trucker protests were a Russian concoction. “Given Canada’s support of Ukraine in this current crisis with Russia,” she posited, to Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino, “there is concern that Russian actors could be continuing to fuel things as this protest grows, or perhaps even instigating it from the outset.”

Long one of the world’s most vicious dictators, Ceaușescu’s most recent plan for winning over the heartland was forcing half the country’s villagers to destroy their own homes — with pick-axes and hammers, if they couldn’t afford a bulldozer — and packing them into project apartments in new “agro-industrial towns,” for a “better future.” Despite this, and his long history of murder, terror, and spying, Ceaușescu to the end did not grasp that his unpopularity had an organic character. He was convinced ethnically Hungarian “terrorists” were behind the latest trouble.

After reaching the balcony of Bucharest’s Central Committee building to give a speech that December day, he’s genuinely surprised when the crowd turns on him. When he tells them to be quiet, he’s befuddled by their refusal, saying, “What, you can’t hear?” Elena jumps in and yells, “Silence!”, to which Ceaușescu, hilariously, replies, “Shut up!” The crowd listens to neither of them.

Ceaușescu’s balcony will forever be a symbol of elite cluelessness. Even in the face of the gravest danger, a certain kind of ruler will never be able to see the last salvo coming, if doing so requires any self-examination. The neoliberal political establishment in most of the Western world, the subject of repeat populist revolts of rising intensity in recent years, seems to suffer from the same disability.

There may be no real-world comparison between a blood-soaked monster like Ceaușescu and a bumbling ball-scratcher like Joe Biden, or an honorarium-gobbling technocrat like Hillary Clinton, or a Handsome Dan investment banker like Emmanuel Macron, or an effete pseudo-intellectual like Justin Trudeau. Still, the ongoing inability of these leaders to see the math of populist uprisings absolutely recalls that infamous scene in Bucharest. From Brexit to the election of Donald Trump to, now, the descent of thousands of Canadian truckers upon the capital city of Ottawa to confront Trudeau, a consistent theme has been the refusal to admit — not even to us, but to themselves — the numerical truth of what they’re dealing with....

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/justin-trudeaus-ceausescu-moment?r=resgr

I love the response when he says we just decided this morning...we will increase minimum wage (I'm pretty sure the equivalent of going from $10 an hour to $12.  And the crowd is relentless....I know Rush talked about this balcony scene before I completely forgot.  And I was too young to remember it.  This is what all the elites think of you:

Edited by Big Blitz