Should the Bills extend Edmunds?

Victory Formation

Should the Bills extend Edmunds?  

333 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with Edmunds?

• Extend him! He’s still young and developing, he will come stound!
    • Let him walk after his contract is up, he sucks!
    • Trade Edmunds for picks in the 2022 & 2023 draft!

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If we got an offer of a pick for Edmunds, what pick is anyone here willing to take in order to move him?

3rd rounder?.. do you take that deal?

I think we could do better, but yeah, I'd probably take that deal if it was the best offer.

I'd like to see him traded for another player. Either a DB or OG.

Find someone else from 2018 1st round on a 5th year, or from the 2019 2nd round. Two teams looking for a change of scenery. Like we did with Hughes/Sheppard.

• Like (+1) 1

Too bad we can’t get a real, candid response from the team about Edmunds. If McBeane were asked about him, I’d imagine we’d hear “he’s captain of the number one defense in the NFL. He played his best ball this year and is only getting better. Pro bowl alternate. We’re happy with Tremaine.” 🤢🤮

Edited by JayBaller10

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think we could do better, but yeah, I'd probably take that deal if it was the best offer.

I'd like to see him traded for another player. Either a DB or OG.

Find someone else from 2018 1st round on a 5th year, or from the 2019 2nd round. Two teams looking for a change of scenery. Like we did with Hughes/Sheppard.

This should be the strategy. Make a trade and get a good CB or OG.  Unless someone offers a 2nd. I just don't know if a 3rd is enough?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This should be the strategy. Make a trade and get a good CB or OG.  Unless someone offers a 2nd. I just don't know if a 3rd is enough?

This defense needs at least two CBs. Apparently this draft is really deep at corner. Levi and Dane are great backups, but neither of these guys can compete against elite receivers. Not to mention Tre is coming off an ACL, I think at this moment I think the Bills will draft one RD1 and will double dip later on.

13 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

This defense needs at least two CBs. Apparently this draft is really deep at corner. Levi and Dane are great backups, but neither of these guys can compete against elite receivers. Not to mention Tre is coming off an ACL, I think at this moment I think the Bills will draft one RD1 and will double dip later on.

Was there a game after Tre went out that Wallace and Jackson were blatantly exposed? I can't think of a game that we lost that I walked away thinking "Those CBs are horrible, I can't wait until Tre comes back".

Not saying the squad can't be improved, and I do expect us to go CB early in the draft, I'm just not convinced it's top priority. Especially over OG/OC or LB.

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Was there a game after Tre went out that Wallace and Jackson were blatantly exposed? I can't think of a game that we lost that I walked away thinking "Those CBs are horrible, I can't wait until Tre comes back".

Not saying the squad can't be improved, and I do expect us to go CB early in the draft, I'm just not convinced it's top priority. Especially over OG/OC or LB.

Chiefs.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Luka said:

Nope. He's not shown the improvement you'd expect to see out of a guy with his physical talent. He does not have the instincts and they clearly aren't teachable.

If the Bills can't admit that 49 is a glaring liability in the most important position on defense then they will never win a Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, realtruelove said:

If the Bills can't admit that 49 is a glaring liability in the most important position on defense then they will never win a Super Bowl.

Didnt Beane say Star was a force before getting covid.   Starting to really worry about Beane's evaluation of D talent.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Don't give these GMs any credit. There are plenty of morons out there.  Seattle has a good one and he gave up two first round picks for a safety that is terrible in pass coverage.  Beane could get a first and 3rd for Edmunds easily or an elite OL.

You're probably right, because he is viewed much higher by actual real NFL people than the morons here.

30 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

You're probably right, because he is viewed much higher by actual real NFL people than the morons here.

Says who?  He wasn't voted all-pro.  He was voted into the ProBowl in the past by the fans.  His second ProBowl season was a joke. He was injured and played worse than he did his rookie year.  We have no idea what real NFL people think about him.  

15 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Says who?  He wasn't voted all-pro.  He was voted into the ProBowl in the past by the fans.  His second ProBowl season was a joke. He was injured and played worse than he did his rookie year.  We have no idea what real NFL people think about him.  

Incorrect.  Pro bowl voting is done by fans, players, and coaches, each group is 1/3.  So yes REAL NFL people (unlike you) voted him to pro bowl

You'd think something that simple that took about took 2 seconds to verify, you'd actually have your facts straight on.  But hey when you have an agenda, just make stuff up as you go along.

And you call GM's morons!! LOL

On 1/26/2022 at 2:19 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Chiefs.....Wallace & Dane got abused. They were awful. 

Here’s a fun exercise.

Go to Pro Football Reference, search up names of top LBs this year. 

Go to advanced game logs for 2021, note it has how many times a LB was targeted in coverage, what the completions and percentage were. Go look at all the LBs you’d rather have over Edmunds. Look at their missed tackle percentage. 

Now go look up Edmunds. His numbers are rock solid. Completion percentage against him is respectable, and his targets are low. Read that again, go double check the numbers. His targets are low. They should be sky high, triple digits. QBs don’t challenge him much. Why?

Why? Because he’s steady and consistent. He defends a respectable amount of passes (this was actually his worst statistical year in coverage) and he misses a low percentage of tackles. 

I think I understand what the coaches absolutely love about this kid. He’s a great leader, great field communicator, and he’s consistently steady (even though fans want splashy). 

Fun side note, after go check Matt Milano’s numbers. Dude is an elite coverage LB which also plays into why Edmunds doesn’t always pass the eye test.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.