Chief Fans Make Donations to Childrens Hospital

BuffaloBillyG

Sounds like a win for the Children's hospital.

Sorry, but it's a little cringeworthy when i see Bills fans on Twitter or wherever..get nasty with KC fans for "rubbing it in".  Most of the fans are contributing out of the goodness of their hearts and may even feel a little bad for us.   I don't see the $13 as mean spirited.  Some Bills fans are angry and overly sensitive. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/25/2022 at 12:02 PM, Evian said:

These donations are getting annoying. Anyone who thinks the Chiefs fans are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts is clueless.

They are mocking the Bills fans. $17 is respect. $13 is mockery.

possibly changing the lives of several sick kids for the better down the road… I’m good with it

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, zow2 said:

Sounds like a win for the Children's hospital.

Sorry, but it's a little cringeworthy when i see Bills fans on Twitter or wherever..get nasty with KC fans for "rubbing it in".  Most of the fans are contributing out of the goodness of their hearts and may even feel a little bad for us.   I don't see the $13 as mean spirited.  Some Bills fans are angry and overly sensitive. 

It’s 50% snark and 50% respect for an incredible game.  Either way, if you’re (not you specifically) so sensitive that you’re mad about people donating money to a children’s hospital then maybe you take sports too seriously.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Billl said:

It’s 50% snark and 50% respect for an incredible game.  Either way, if you’re (not you specifically) so sensitive that you’re mad about people donating money to a children’s hospital then maybe you take sports too seriously.  

Exactly, it's both at the same time. The guy who stated it was going to make the $13 donation to a KC charity, but then thought to make it to Josh Allen's. So it's a thoughtful gesture and a show of good sportsmanship amongst rival fans. 

Nobody is mad that people are donating money. People are mad that the team choked and gave away a hard fought victory in 13 seconds. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Motorin' said:

Exactly, it's both at the same time. The guy who stated it was going to make the $13 donation to a KC charity, but then thought to make it to Josh Allen's. So it's a thoughtful gesture and a show of good sportsmanship amongst rival fans. 

Nobody is mad that people are donating money. People are mad that the team choked and gave away a hard fought victory in 13 seconds. 

Tell you what.  Yesterday I donated $13.  Today I’ll donate $17 more in honor of Josh’s performance if you’ll go $15 for Mahomes.  

• Agree 1

Just now, Motorin' said:

Just donated $15. 

Just donated $17.  That makes donations of 17 and 13 which I’m sure I don’t have to tell you was the score of the 1924 game between the Buffalo Bison and the Akron Pros.  This was the first ever final score of 17-13 in professional football history.  It has happened 106 times since.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_scores_find.cgi?pts_win=17&pts_lose=13

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Billl said:

Just donated $17.  That makes donations of 17 and 13 which I’m sure I don’t have to tell you was the score of the 1924 game between the Buffalo Bison and the Akron Pros.  This was the first ever final score of 17-13 in professional football history.  It has happened 106 times since.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_scores_find.cgi?pts_win=17&pts_lose=13

You learn something new everyday. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It is an incredibly classy thing to do and a lot of kids and their families will benefit greatly from their generosity.  If you’re so sensitive that you’re too insulted by the 13 aspect to appreciate how great of a gesture this is then I respectfully suggest you might want to talk to a therapist about that.  Wink wink 

Seriously I have a new found respect for Chiefs fans.  This is really classy.  It is proof positive of the great reputation that Bills fans have around the league.  Yet another reason I am so proud to be part of the most amazing fan base on Earth.  And I’m not even from Western NY.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Did Bills fans donate $6 to rub in the pick 6? Or $8 to honor Lamarr Jackson? Had we rubbed in the pick 6 then it would be the same. But we didn't... 

By donating $13 to rub in the win instead of $17 to honor Josh, the snark is reducing the amount given by almost 25%.

13 is also Gabe's # who had 4 TDs 

Who really cares, almost $200K to a buffalo hospital is pretty cool

I thought the Lamar thing was beyond stupid and a cry for attention by Bills fans at the time

At the end of the day it's a lot of money going to charity. Football is just a game. 

If we win the same way the chiefs did, I'd make fun of them too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I guess if Bills fans want to clap back they could donate $25 dollars to a Chiefs/Kansas City Charity since number 25 made the game winning play for them.

vector-illustration-silhouette-25-cents-

Instead of a coin toss in OT, there should be a 5 minute break where fans race to donate as much money as possible to the other city’s children’s hospital.  Whoever donates more gets the ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

read the article

Brett Fitzgerald, who first posted the idea on Facebook, originally had the idea to donate in $13 to Patrick Mahomes’ foundation, but after hearing from a friend that Bills Mafia usually donates to other team’s charities, he decided to change it to Oishei Children’s Hospital. He looked online and found out the hospital was the charity of choice for Josh Allen. He told News 4 in retrospect, he wish he had changed the donation amount to $17, so it didn’t seem like a jab.

And as it turns out, Oishei was the perfect place to give to for the guy who started it all. Brett Fitzgerald has a son who has autism and his family cares deeply for their local children’s hospital. He said Bills Mafia should feel honored they’ve started such an incredible trend of giving.

“The credit goes to Bills Mafia,” he said. “I’m just some guy who put something on the internet.”

damn...what an ass that guy is....  <  Sarcasm

How to stay on topic.    You pretty much clarified the reason for my question and then put every donation under the umbrella of the original guy.   Well done

• Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

So they have gave $180,000 to a kids hospital and its a bad thing?   Whats wrong with some people...

Its fine when we do it.  To Dominique Foxworth, Jerry Coleman, Lamar Jackson, etc. but don't you dare do it to us.  It hurts our feelings!    

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.