Isaiah McKenzie aka, Lil Dirty, sounds like he’s moving on

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He really wanted to come back last year but I’m not sure he will this year. The benching, etc

He got an opportunity in that 2nd Pats game and he killed them…

But it took several injuries …

He must have realised then that he is buried on he depth chart here,,,

Just now, NewEra said:

What does this mean?  Daboll calls the O.  He’s in charge of how he’s used, minus ST.  Isaiah dug his own ST grave.  

lol if you dont think the HC of this team doesn't have a say in his offensive personnel.

I gets its just a weird coincidence that after McD said they need to find a way to run the ball better that they changed their Run blocking scheme and got motor going. 

This board after a brutal loss is just so predictable.

Now we have multiple respondents assuming he will go to the Pats because that meanie McDermott benched him for a while.

What exactly would Belichek had done with McKenzie had he tripped and fumbled the ball away untouched??

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Good thing this board doesn't jump to wild ass conclusions/assumptions.

Maybe but Ive followed him on social media enough and listen to his weekly podcast to know he says things the way he says them for a reason. The Bills don’t seem to value him. So logical assumption, but anything can happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I hate this time of year. 

He's a free agent.  He's not been a star, he needs to take care of his future.

If we offer him a good contract that's what he/his agent see as his market value, I believe he would probably stay

But he can't take less.  He's now put a hair-on-fire, 11/12 125 yd game on tape.  And, he was I believe top in the league on return yards before we benched him.

It's not unreasonable from how the Bills have used (or not used) him that his agent may feel he will get offers elsewhere that are valued in line with that, more than with the bit-player Buffalo seems to see him in.

I'd like to keep the OL together if possible, but I don't feel the same about the WR room.  

I think we can absolutely upgrade WR3 in this Offense.  

Diggs and Davis are a good duo.  Stevenson and Hodgins are depth at 5/6.   But we could definitely serve to be more explosive out of the 3/4 WR positions.   

• Agree 5

IIRC he had a post on IG much like this one after last season. And it seemed like the Bills took their time before bringing him back.

I believe McK is viewed way better by fans than he is by coaches. He's a good player and a likeable guy...but he is replacable. 

Who knows what may happen in FA. Maybe someone offers him a nice contract and he jets. Maybe his market is ice cold (again) and he comes back. Either way, best of luck to him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's a free agent.  He's not been a star, he needs to take care of his future.

If we offer him a good contract that's what he/his agent see as his market value, I believe he would probably stay

But he can't take less.  He's now put a hair-on-fire, 11/12 125 yd game on tape.  And, he was I believe top in the league on return yards before we benched him.

It's not unreasonable from how the Bills have used (or not used) him that his agent may feel he will get offers elsewhere that are valued in line with that, more than with the bit-player Buffalo seems to see him in.

I expect it

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The list of UFA WRs this year is eye opening 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

Love it. We need to bring at least 1 solid vet WR in to pair with Diggs/Davis.  Maybe Hodgens or Stevenson step up. But I think Beas, Sanders and McKittrick are all gone. The good part is that playing with Josh is an attractive offer.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

IIRC he had a post on IG much like this one after last season. And it seemed like the Bills took their time before bringing him back.

I believe McK is viewed way better by fans than he is by coaches. He's a good player and a likeable guy...but he is replacable. 

Who knows what may happen in FA. Maybe someone offers him a nice contract and he jets. Maybe his market is ice cold (again) and he comes back. Either way, best of luck to him.

Right, he’s a solid but limited slot WR who has benefitted from the Josh Allen Effect

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe but Ive followed him on social media enough and listen to his weekly podcast to know he says things the way he says them for a reason. The Bills don’t seem to value him. So logical assumption, but anything can happen. 

He said similar "this could be Good-bye" type things last year, and wound up re-signing with Buffalo.

But he may have been told things in his exit interview that imply the Bills don't see him as having a larger role as a receiver or as being given a shot to re-earn the returner role, and this season he really has done enough that he should earn more opportunity from another team.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

This board after a brutal loss is just so predictable.

Now we have multiple respondents assuming he will go to the Pats because that meaner McDermott benched him for a while.

What exactly would Belichek had do in McKenzie had tripped and fumbled the ball away untouched??

The last thing you want to do is imitate Billy B.

You cant say a guy is not trustworthy in a press conference, you just cant.

13 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Ehhh, it may or may not. He’ll definitely test the open market for sure like last year, but I don’t feel like his value at WR has increased. If he was unhappy with last years offers, this years won’t be any better.

Maybe and maybe not.....his numbers returning kicks are decent, so he that adds value.  It also could be reasonable someone saw the Patriots game and sees the aptitude.   It seemed like he got offers last year and came back to Buffalo for less (no idea if that is really true and how much less) but he may have felt like he would get the opportunity to grow and increase his value more than he did.  Anway, if he goes, his skill set needs to be replaced, hopefully with someone who is just as fast but a little more physical.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He said similar "this could be Good-bye" type things last year, and wound up re-signing with Buffalo.

But he may have been told things in his exit interview that imply the Bills don't see him as having a larger role as a receiver or as being given a shot to re-earn the returner role, and this season he really has done enough that he should earn more opportunity from another team.

I think he said if Brandon Beane wants to find him, he will be in Miami selling his meat. 

• Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

IMHO, McKenzie is one of those "replaceable" guys that the Bills keep trying to replace - and failing to find a better option.

This season, Breida and Stevenson were supposed to replace him.  How'd that work out?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.