A golden opportunity missed

bills6969

A chance to host the AFCCG for a trip to the super bowl against beatable NFC opponent.  13 ticks to stop a team from getting 3 points and we managed to ***** it up.  

Just another heartbreaking, inexcusable loss to add to the list.  This franchise is cursed.

• Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

As a long time Red Sox fan, I can tell you that they used to talk about that franchise being cursed too!

Then the organization finally got SMART, made some good hires, and stopped employing racist policies in their player selections.

And magically the curse was lifted! 

We need smarter coaching.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

A chance to host the AFCCG for a trip to the super bowl against beatable NFC opponent.  13 ticks to stop a team from getting 3 points and we managed to ***** it up.  

Just another heartbreaking, inexcusable loss to add to the list.  This franchise is cursed.

Is this thread necessary??? Cmon man, we already know this crap

This thread is as good a spot as any.....

That was an epic game....

Allen was every bit as awesome as he could be and was up to the challenge.  

He's too good not get a Lombardi at some point.  

Just a couple things....

In 2018, (before KC won the SB in 2019) Mahomes, did the EXACT same thing in the AFC title game against the Patriots.  New England had scored with 39 seconds left.  to go up by 3.  Mahomes then moved the Chiefs 48 yards in two plays and kicked the tying field goal.

The difference was NE won the toss and KC never saw the ball in OT.  That loss hurt alot....and no one talked about how Mahomes and KC scored 24 points in the 4th quarter of that game.  Since it was Brady winning in OT and going on to win yet another SB....that performance kind of got lost.

I hope Josh Allens performance in this game, is remember as an all time great game by a QB in a high leverage situation...he was incredible.

....I expect...and I am looking forward to these two teams AGAIN, in the playoffs next year.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

This thread is as good a spot as any.....

That was an epic game....

Allen was every bit as awesome as he could be and was up to the challenge.  

He's too good not get a Lombardi at some point.  

Just a couple things....

In 2018, (before KC won the SB in 2019) Mahomes, did the EXACT same thing in the AFC title game against the Patriots.  New England had scored with 39 seconds left.  to go up by 3.  Mahomes then moved the Chiefs 48 yards in two plays and kicked the tying field goal.

The difference was NE won the toss and KC never saw the ball in OT.  That loss hurt alot....and no one talked about how Mahomes and KC scored 24 points in the 4th quarter of that game.  Since it was Brady winning in OT and going on to win yet another SB....that performance kind of got lost.

I hope Josh Allens performance in this game, is remember as an all time great game by a QB in a high leverage situation...he was incredible.

....I expect...and I am looking forward to these two teams AGAIN, in the playoffs next year.  

Can't stand anything about your team, sry.

1 hour ago, bills6969 said:

Reminds me of the Sabres losing in Game 7 to Carolina when they were leading in the 3rd period knowing you were going to win the Stanley Cup if you got past them.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bills6969 said:

You wonder how long our current SB winning window will remain open!

It's really tough to swallow a loss like this b/c of that as much as anything.

That window is definitely wide open now though, and should be next year too.  I think.

It wasn't a cakewalk - though I was glad Brady got sent home.

Cincy is good. That game was no gimme. And the Rams are as balanced and good as anyone in the NFL - their D is better than ours.  

But, yeah - it hurts to lose an opportunity like this.  TN, TB & GB are all thinking the same.  That's football.

Well, some credit due to having built the team and have as much success as they have, but your head man is supposed to not be learning on the job and knows football?? Lesson learned on loss in the desert to Murray and Hopkins. Won't make that mistake again. Don't know what to do with 13 seconds left? How many more basic football lessons isn't he aware of?

In six and half hours, I have to explain to 7 year old (that I accidentally woke up twice with cheers) that I messed up his REM cycle for nothing. So the firsthand account of the loss is just half of the slow motion crotch kick for me. Hopefully the Lucky Charms will soften the blow. 

I’m just going to clap it out like McD and give him 5 yards of running room like Edmunds gave everyone. And I will forget about his classmate Kelsey just because that’s what Frazier did every key down. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.