Bojo cost the Packers the game...Beane was right?

hmsmystic

It wasn't that Bojo had a punt blocked- it's that he muffled a hold on an easy field goal that blocked.

Haack had a terrible game a few weeks ago and got ripped.  Seemed kind of silly to get a punter whose specialty was holding.  However here we are- maybe Bean was right and knew something after all!?

Let's see tonight- Go Bills!

Edited by hmsmystic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, hmsmystic said:

It wasn't that Bojo had a punt blocked- it's that he muffled a hold on an easy field goal that blocked.

Haack had a terrible game a few weeks ago and got ripped.  Seemed kind of silly to get a punter whose specialty was holding.  However here we are- maybe Bean was right and knew something after all!?

From Beane's own comments the Bills wanted to bring him back and it seemed like they couldn't agree on a contract. Dodged a bullet there.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, hmsmystic said:

He ended Crosby’s career

• Agree 3

While Bojo had a ton of bad holds over the season, the one last night wasn't one of them. A defender came in nearly unabated.

On the punt, it did look like he hesitated or took an extra step, but again, a defender broke the line pretty easily.

But yeah, I'm glad he refused the Bills' offer, based solely on the regular season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

Maybe if the line blocked someone, he would have got the punt off.  The line also blocked horribly on the blocked FG.

Packers O only scoring 10 points is the reason they lost. 

Hilarious how people blame the punter when the line is 100% at fault.

If Bojo dropped the snap like our "Hack" did, then yea that's all on the punter.

Edited by Azucho98
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Bojo was supposed to be the 11th man on the field for SF game winning kick too, right?

No kicker would have not been blocked on the FG, maybe another punter gets the kick off on that block, but still poor blocking.

The fact the packers had only 10 men on the field for the final kick just shows it was a team effort screw up.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Can’t pin it all on one play.

Yes, that's true.  It's always true. 

But looking at it that way tends to obscure the point about Bojo, which is important.   It's a team game, and wins are the product of a collection of about 100 people, players, coaches and others, all doing their jobs.  Learn your job, perfect your craft, do it cooperatively.  

It's rarely about one play or one player, but it is about having the right players.   Bill Polian and Marv Levy moved on from Ron Harmon for the same reason Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott moved on from Bojo. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Their offense was terrible.  Can’t pin it all on one play. Reminded me of our week 1 game vs Steelers 

that said their ST has been really bad all year and weaknesses typically get magnified in playoff games 

Fans love to pin outcomes of games on 1 play, and frequently do! 

GB could do nothing all game long; if/when Rodgers leaves for a better run organization, we'll know why.

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Their offense was terrible.  Can’t pin it all on one play. Reminded me of our week 1 game vs Steelers 

that said their ST has been really bad all year and weaknesses typically get magnified in playoff games 

Well....we're pinning it on 2 plays, the blocked punt, the  blocked FG

But to be fair, was the blocked FG on Bojo's hold?  Was it really a muffed hold?  I honestly couldn't tell from the broadcast.  I saw a defender coming unblocked.  And I put the blocked punt on the blocking as well.

Frankly, the Packers just didn't play well across the board last night.  It's very telling that at some point early in the 2nd half, Aikman commented that Rodgers had yet to target a WR not named "Adams", and their TE were NOT helping him out. 

This is not to absolve Bojo, but he was only part of a team-wide problem

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Blame the kicker for the supposed MVP favorite QB playing poorly in the playoffs 

Oye 

When you're right, you're right

To exculpate Rodgers a bit, he did not have a lot of open targets downfield and he found TE downfield a few times and they didn't haul it in.

SF D played well, but I loathed and hated to see Garappolo win that.  Even Aikman was commenting on how many dangerous throws that should have been intercepted Jimmy was making.

• Agree 1

A blocked punt for a TD is a play that usually stands out. Bojo was not getting the ball off quick at all during the game. He had a very good punt early on and that's when I noticed that. It's only one play but that can be a dagger as we all know from week 1.

Edited by Beast

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

SF D played well, but I loathed and hated to see Garappolo win that.  Even Aikman was commenting on how many dangerous throws that should have been intercepted Jimmy was making.

I am not a Garappolo fan but he has come up clutch in 3 straight games now. When the game was on the line he was clutch. Matt Stafford, Dak Prescott, and Aaron Rodgers were not. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.