Bojo cost the Packers the game...Beane was right?

hmsmystic

5 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

From Beane's own comments the Bills wanted to bring him back and it seemed like they couldn't agree on a contract. Dodged a bullet there.

While Beane would never state this, I'm sure part of the reason they wouldn't give him the money he wanted was because of the holding issues that he had last season.

I will not be at all surprised to see the Bills draft a punter in around the 5th or 6th round as I'm sure they aren't to happy with the punting, but are very thrilled with him as a holder

19 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

may the end of the game?  

uh yeah.  Twas desperation time though. 

My point is, he took a risky interceptable pass to a double-covered WR over a much safer crossing route to a guy who had miles of turf (relatively speaking) around him.  

So maybe Rodgers risk-aversion is being mis-stated and mis-remembered here

9 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

While Beane would never state this, I'm sure part of the reason they wouldn't give him the money he wanted was because of the holding issues that he had last season.

I will not be at all surprised to see the Bills draft a punter in around the 5th or 6th round as I'm sure they aren't to happy with the punting, but are very thrilled with him as a holder

Bojo wanted to be paid like the best punter in the league because he led the league in punting yards and he felt he deserved “hazard money” for playing in WNY.  He was not so great on pinning people deep vs touchbacks, and he was dodgy as a holder, but he didn’t consider that.

He wound up signing with LA and wagering he’d outduel Hekker, only to be traded to the “Frozen Tundra”

9 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Actually, while he didn't say that he did say that he wanted a guy at thatbposition that wanted to be here long term. My take away was that Bojo wanted a 1 year deal. Runor had it his gal wanted to go out west...before he got traded.

15 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'm sure he wanted more than the Bills wanted to pay, considering how little he punted and his issues.  So he didn't return. 

And ultimately, they paid Haack less than they would have had to pay Bojo, the Bills did just fine and both had punts blocked, but one was at the beginning of the season and the other was at the end...

Edited by Doc

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My point is, he took a risky interceptable pass to a double-covered WR over a much safer crossing route to a guy who had miles of turf (relatively speaking) around him.  

So maybe Rodgers risk-aversion is being mis-stated and mis-remembered here

Bojo wanted to be paid like the best punter in the league because he led the league in punting yards and he felt he deserved “hazard money” for playing in WNY.  He was not so great on pinning people deep vs touchbacks, and he was dodgy as a holder, but he didn’t consider that.

He wound up signing with LA and wagering he’d outduel Hekker, only to be traded to the “Frozen Tundra”

Took quite awhile before anyone signed him too, so apparently the rest of the league also didn't value him as much as he did.

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Actually, while he didn't say that he did say that he wanted a guy at thatbposition that wanted to be here long term. My take away was that Bojo wanted a 1 year deal. Runor had it his gal wanted to go out west...before he got traded.

Is a certain irony there with the way things worked out getting traded.  Did his girlfriend approve the trade?

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, WhoTom said:

While Bojo had a ton of bad holds over the season, the one last night wasn't one of them. A defender came in nearly unabated.

On the punt, it did look like he hesitated or took an extra step, but again, a defender broke the line pretty easily.

But yeah, I'm glad he refused the Bills' offer, based solely on the regular season.

Correct. The blocking of the special teams unit was atrocious.

And it seems that we're not the only Great Lakes team that needs a dome. 

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Did Rodgers actually say this?  Did he actually blame Bojo?  Because he should apportion blame with a mirror if so.  It's not all on AR, but he is the star, and he needs to own his share.

He didn't blame Bojo specifically, but special teams on the whole. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.