Giants/Schoen interview Daboll for HC

Hapless Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, T master said:

I hope Beane has told Dorsey that he is next in line to keep the consistency there .

I hope not.

I hope if Daboll leaves I would hope the Bills take the time and effort to find the best available OC...not just a guy with no OC experience that happens to be here.

This team is in the hunt for Super Bowls. Having a newbie OC cutting his teeth may be great for "continuity"...but it doesn't mean he's the best suited for the position.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I hope not.

I hope if Daboll leaves I would hope the Bills take the time and effort to find the best available OC...not just a guy with no OC experience that happens to be here.

This team is in the hunt for Super Bowls. Having a newbie OC cutting his teeth may be great for "continuity"...but it doesn't mean he's the best suited for the position.

I disagree. Josh Allen is getting to the point where he knows exactly what play to be in. Why would we want to take him out of this offense. He knows it like the back of his hand. The communication with his recievers has helped him make this giant leap to where he is today. Why would we want to change the verbiage and the playbook?

Besides its not like Ken Dorsey is unqualified for the position. Daboll has been grooming him for an OC role for awhile now (Believe he was even allowed to call preseason games to get his feet wet). If he doesnt get our OC gig then he will get one somewhere else.  Then we are looking at filling OC and QB coach. Every great coordinator started out as a positions coach at some point. If they never got promoted then they wouldnt even be known has a great coordinator. Ken Dorsey is deserving of a promotion for the work he has done with not only Josh Allen but what he got out of Cam Newton.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It's gotta be weird to work for a team that is about to play a huge playoff game, and days before it, get hired by one of the worst teams in the NFL. I know he probably got a big pay raise and obviously being gm is a huge promotion, but there has to be a part of him that'll watch the game Sunday night and feel like he's still a bill. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I hope not.

The only thing i know is that i have heard that with in the walls of the NFL they say you need to have 3 C's Consistency- Continuity- Comfort and by completely changing the scheme that IMHO would be none of the 3 .

I will leave the decision of who is the best person for the job to Beane & company he's done pretty good to this point ! Not to mention 1 other C chemistry .

In a different realm i've seen bands that have come out and had great into's to the business then you change 1 or 2 people & it all goes right to hell like in the instance of Molly Hatchet after Danny Jo Brown left the first time & a couple other players left they were never the same .

Van Halen on the other hand after getting Sammy went on to have great success do if change is going to be made you need to make sure that who ever yo bring in is going to be a good fit & not be such a difference that it can take you years to recover because that could be detrimental . 

What happens if Dorsey winds up being like Matt Lafluer in GB the only way we or any one will ever know is if Dorsey is given a chance !! 

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's nice.  He's not calling plays.  

We've all watched Daboll call plays, doesn't (really) make us OC's lol

Well no that's the OC responsibility.  Dorsey was promoted to 2nd in line in the hierarchy though. I think it's fair to assume that's why he would be next in line.

39 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I disagree. Josh Allen is getting to the point where he knows exactly what play to be in. Why would we want to take him out of this offense. He knows it like the back of his hand. The communication with his recievers has helped him make this giant leap to where he is today. Why would we want to change the verbiage and the playbook?

Besides its not like Ken Dorsey is unqualified for the position. Daboll has been grooming him for an OC role for awhile now (Believe he was even allowed to call preseason games to get his feet wet). If he doesnt get our OC gig then he will get one somewhere else.  Then we are looking at filling OC and QB coach. Every great coordinator started out as a positions coach at some point. If they never got promoted then they wouldnt even be known has a great coordinator. Ken Dorsey is deserving of a promotion for the work he has done with not only Josh Allen but what he got out of Cam Newton.

All I'm saying is that if Dorsey is the best for the job...fine. However, just handing him the reigns outright may be a disservice to the team. Find the best available candidate...even if it's not someone on the staff. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, BearNorth said:

So Josh is 16 pounds heavier, at the same height, e.g. thicker, with more muscle mass.  Also a bit faster and arguably more explosive.  Energy = mass*speed^2.

Josh is as big if not bigger than the linebackers who have to deal with him in the running game, and much bigger than the safeties if he gets to the next level.

Jones always seems to be on the injury report. 

Josh said he's actually 245# (but admitted he should be 242#).

30 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Well no that's the OC responsibility.  Dorsey was promoted to 2nd in line in the hierarchy though. I think it's fair to assume that's why he would be next in line.

Yeah they promoted him with the intention of possibly making him OC if/when Daboll leaves.  Whether he's ready to takeover the OC job will be a determination the Bills make. 

But who else would people want to replace Daboll?  Be aware that is has to be someone who uses the E-P system.  Want some retread that's been fired several times?  A hot up-and-comer?

Edited by Doc

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I hope not.

You say that, but the giants just took a chance on a GM that was “cutting his teeth” as an assistant. It’s not like Dorsey hasn’t  been learning on the job for a few years now.

The bottom line is, every great coach got their start somewhere. For all we know, Dorsey might be the next great OC. I’ll leave it up to Beane’s discretion. He’s earned the benefit of any doubt. 

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

Exactly. 100%. In fact, I’ll go a step further…make Dorsey OC and don’t even worry with hiring a qb coach. Just keep Webb on the sideline as a backup and let him be the acting QB coach. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

What if Beane doesn't think Dorsey would make a good OC?  

I still don't get why posters assume Dorsey would be adequate.  

And I don’t get why posters assume he wouldn’t be adequate. Goes both ways. Again…I’ll trust Beane in this. 

10 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

The answers were all TRUE!  The fix may be in.

If I were a Giants fan, I'd be loving the hire of Daboll.  I'd be thinking/fantasizing "Josh sucked before Daboll made him a great QB.  He can do the same with Jones."

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I hope not.

If done right, continuity is the best thing.  You build an identity and you don't want outsiders to detract from it if it is working.  You risk less of a losing mentality, the type that plagued this team for years.

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

If I were a Giants fan, I'd be loving the hire of Daboll.  I'd be thinking/fantasizing "Josh sucked before Daboll made him a great QB.  He can do the same with Jones."

Although we all know it was Allen's work ethic...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.