Why does our defense get so much flak for the opponents faced and not the Chiefs?

streetkings01

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

GB?  

I just posted some such in the pinned thread 

then they hit their stride on a softer schedule 

Denver 2 X 

LV 2 X 

Giants

Chargers 

They did beat GB yet lost to all 3 other AFC teams.

They beat GB 13-7 without Rodgers playing.  Pretty sure if Rodgers played the Chiefs would have gotten torched.

The Bills are going to own the Chiefs on Sunday.  Its going to happen. Calm your fears.  This is our year.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I live in KC and can say you are correct:  all the sports talk in KC is about the Bills not having beat anyone and how Allen is not better than Mahomes. How the defense should be really ranked maybe 13ish in the NFL and not #1 bc they havent played against great QBs. How all the pressure is on the Bills bc all they worked on in the offseason was to beat the chiefs while the chiefs worked to win a SB. Its nonstop. Those are the themes. Its nauseating. 

I currently live in KC but don't share your experience.   From what I hear, people here expect a fun shootout.   I believe one local paper is predicting a Bills win.

56 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I live in KC and can say you are correct:  all the sports talk in KC is about the Bills not having beat anyone and how Allen is not better than Mahomes. How the defense should be really ranked maybe 13ish in the NFL and not #1 bc they havent played against great QBs. How all the pressure is on the Bills bc all they worked on in the offseason was to beat the chiefs while the chiefs worked to win a SB. Its nonstop. Those are the themes. Its nauseating. 

I currently live in KC but don't share your experience.   From what I hear, people here expect a fun shootout.   I believe one local paper is predicting a Bills win.

35 minutes ago, klos63 said:

There are so many 'pundit's out there commenting on the league. You will get all kinds of opinions. The fact that so many Bills fans get bent so out of shape when some of them don't think exactly the way you want them to is ridiculous. Such thin skin on so many fans.  I just watched a 10 minute clip of Chris Sims and Florio and the praise for Allen was almost over the top. Both picked the Bills to win btw.

Just enjoy being in the playoffs, this has been such an enjoyable week. I haven't paid much attention to pundits and just kept an eye on injury and weather reports.

This is supposed to be a fun time. We have a great team in the greatest sport, might have the most dynamic QB in this generation. Relax and enjoy.

We can feel how we wanna feel……nothing worse then someone coming in a thread and telling how you should be feeling. We ain’t looking for a therapist so stop tryna be one!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, hondo in seattle said:

Im specifically referring to sports talk radio on 610.

Just now, streetkings01 said:

We can feel how we wanna feel……nothing worse then someone coming in a thread and telling how you should be feeling. We ain’t looking for a therapist so stop tryna be one!

You could probably use a therapist.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

the more threatening the opponent the more crazy the fans get with their takes to try and make themselves feel better. I think the Bills are quite scary right now and some Chiefs fans are freaking out, but with that said it works the other way a bit too, Chiefs also a great team and Mahomie great but they are more vulnerable this year. I will say one thing if i had my pick of any QB going into this game it would be Josh Allen, he to me is the x factor, if he is feeling it and playing at his highest level i don't see the Bills losing this one. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I haven’t seen that. I’ve just seen that they’ve figured things out and gotten a lot better than historically terrible 

They were historically bad the first 7 games of the season. They were, statistically a lot better over the last 10 games. During the last 10 weeks, they gave up an average of 16.9 PPG. They ranked 32 in defensive DVOA after 7 weeks and finished at 24, but actually had a weighted ranking of 14 (to reflect the games toward the end of the season).

They didn’t have Jones or Ingram in the lineup when they played the Bills earlier. I don’t think they are as good defensively as the Bills are. They got some good breaks, facing GB without Rodgers, Dallas with key offensive players missing due to Covid and injuries, and the Raiders during a stretch in which they were really struggling (losing 5 of 6). But they had trouble with both Herbert and Burrow down the stretch. They are susceptible to speed. I know I have given you s*** about Breida 😉, but this is one game I would like as much speed on the field as possible.

I feel very good about our chances in this game

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

Man shut up…..listen to ESPN, NFL Network and the radio. Always that one cornball that comes in to say they never heard it ……we’ll I heard it. It doesn’t trigger you than that’s fine…..it does with me!

Thank you sir. 

Now that the Bills are amazing, the truth comes out about these negative posters. It's not the Bills that make them miserable, like they want you to believe, but they themselves are miserable and WANT the Bills to be bad so that we can all share in their misery. 

I'm very happy to see posters start calling them out for what they are. 

I should also add that part of their game is to gaslight you into thinking you're crazy that we're not getting the respect we're due. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

What high powered offense has the Chiefs shut down since that last Bills game?

The only 2 elite QB’s they faced were Herbert and Burrow and they torched the Chiefs defense. Hurts threw for close to 400 yards …..I’m not sold on the Chiefs defense at all. I think their the same defense we faced earlier in the year just with the benefit of playing some bad QBs.

The truth is, it's not the same. Chris Jones is a great player. Melvin Ingram ain't bad. Having said that, it is still not a very good defense. All our WRs can win matchups vs. their D. Our line can give Allen time for the most part (it's going to be tough, the noise under the goalposts. The KC D might make a play or two in the red-zone. But that matchup is against Josh Allen who is simply the best in the redzone. Something is going to give..... Don't ignore Chris Jones though matched up vs. the rookie, Spencer Brown. Not really worried too much about Ingram going against Dawkins. All has to spot Jones coming, if Josh sees him the best Jones can do is bat a pass down or force an incompletion. Chris Jones is lined up in a good spot against us (across from Brown, to Allen's right.

Hopefully Knox can chip him enough rendering him useless.

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

Almost all Bills coverage I’ve listened to in the last, oh, 2 months at least has mentioned that the Bills have the number 1 defense in the league. Very rarely has any personality qualified that by saying “but their opponents were soft” or what have you. Maybe you’re just delusional and hear what you want to hear? Maybe you just like to complain? 

I have heard national media discount who bipuffalo played

KC finished losing just 1 game.

They go a Rodgers less packers at home

thry go dallas with 3 offense weapons

they survived the giants who had a 4 th quarter lead and failed too win it at the rnd of the game

They  beat a very distracted raiders team.

they lost yo the bengals

chargers blew the game agsinst the chiefs after getting the lead late.

in both denver games the offense was held in check.  KC won both on turnovers. In first meeting they got a defense TD and a muffed punt inside denver 20 gifting them a FG and denver went for it late 2nd instead of FG and it coukd be a tie game if not denver win. In week 18 another KC defense score made the difference in the game.

the defense is at the level of New England.  The engine isn’t as good as the appearance…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yep I don’t think the chiefs improved as much as they’re getting credit for…they just had a lot of their big afc games early in the year and blew them all.  Ravens pre even more injuries, bills, healthy ish titans, chargers.  Lost them all.  Won an ugly one against the pack without Aaron rodgers and beat a very up and down cowboys team later in the year. They were a miracle play away from entering the playoffs on a 2 game losing streak and coughing up the 2 seed 

• Like (+1) 3

Sorry fellas I see a lot of positive talk about the bills. Past 2 years really. A lot are picking the bills and Allen. Some say Chiefs and Mahommes. Truth is the chiefs fans should feel dissed. AFC champs 2 years. I’m used to little or NO coverage of the bills and it was always negative. I think they get good coverage. 

3 hours ago, bobobonators said:

You have to win more than 1 super bowl to have a dynasty. They literally said Mahomes is the face of the NFL and compared him to Michael Jordan of the NFL. Im not making this up. That was said by the sports talk guys. Its hysteria. 

These people need to get out more. Out of Missourah.

3 hours ago, bobobonators said:

This is all true. If it were a different northeastern team they’d be blowing him because he’s playing 5D chess, one handed while trying to land a spaceship while binge watching all the Super Bowls and writing a 500 word essay on each one. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Almost all Bills coverage I’ve listened to in the last, oh, 2 months at least has mentioned that the Bills have the number 1 defense in the league. Very rarely has any personality qualified that by saying “but their opponents were soft” or what have you. Maybe you’re just delusional and hear what you want to hear? Maybe you just like to complain? 

I've heard it and I'm not complaining. They said it this morning on NFLN GMFB🤷🏻‍♂️  but since you didn't hear it, I guess it didn't happen

Edited by Starr Almighty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, klos63 said:

and they should. A proper evaluation wouldn't leave out those games.

I don't think anyone is saying we have a bad run defense, but the defense has been dominated by good running teams.

Besides the Colts game. They should of and could have won the other 2 even after giving up lots of yards on the ground.

1 hour ago, Starr Almighty said:

I've heard it asks I'm not complaining. They said it this morning on NFLN GMFB🤷🏻‍♂️  but since you didn't hear it, I guess it didn't happen

I’ve heard we’ve had an easy schedule mentioned a lot but I think bludgeoning the pats twice in a row late in the season freed us from the ‘who have they played’ talk a little bit.  Like yes we’re the better team but that’s just not supposed to happen to a bill belichick defense 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, bobobonators said:

This could also be taken almost word for word from their forums, if you can stand wading through that toxic cesspool for more than 5 minutes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.