Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Nice.  There were only a handful of with them in the matchup week 4.  I sat next to them.  Super nice folks.  They were heartbroken that he was inactive that game but they were going crazy rooting for the bills as they’re all ex chiefs fans. 

It's crazy that Horrible Harry was a healthy scratch during the same season that he's playing like he is now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Nice.  There were only a handful of with them in the matchup week 4.  I sat next to them.  Super nice folks.  They were heartbroken that he was inactive that game but they were going crazy rooting for the bills as they’re all ex chiefs fans. 

Seems like forever ago that he was inactive.  Crazy how things change. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

This is why you spend big to give your players the best facilities, best doctors, best strength & conditioning staff and the best treatment in the league.  That's an insane injury list for game 19 of the season.

Just point out that we were a walking mash unit the last time we played KC in the playoffs

On 1/18/2022 at 12:33 AM, GunnerBill said:

Oh FFS....  they have given us the late Sunday slot. 11.30pm UK time. 

I would normally take the Monday off but I can't next week as I have to brief a Minister for a legislative debate the following day. 

Translation - the Arse firm is meeting up to discuss the away trip to Burnley

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

He just said a couple days ago he put on some "winter weight" and is up to 245.

Jeez....6'5, 245, elusive speed, runs with power, not afraid to truck or stiff arm you..

I'm beginning to truly understand and accept the term "unicorn" for all that it is.  Josh Allen truly is one "unicorn" of a player.  All jokes aside, I feel pity for defensive coordinators, defensive players period going up against Allen.  There is simply NOTHING YOU CAN DO.  Blitz him, he'll shred your secondary to bits.  Sit back in coverage, he'll take those 10 yard plus runs as long as you give em to him, OR he's become patient enough (even Brady-esque, I dare say), and he'll dink and dunk you to your coffin.  Pick your poison sounds so cliche right now but that's really what it boils down to.  In my opinion, a defense's best option right now is to just hope that Allen has an off day and gives away a few turnovers..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, beebe said:

Go to a Chiefs game, and I guarantee you will see unmatched hospitality, warmth, kindness and the complete opposite of what you see on Twitter, where hundreds of fans for (insert winning team here) act like idiots. 

Don't judge the KC fans at the game (people who have actual jobs and money) VS internet fans....

I promise, you show up in the parking lot at Arrowhead, you'll be offered all beer and BBQ you can handle by random fans who'd be glad to have you share in the festivities.

4 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

The degenerates on Chiefs Planet are clearly not at the games in that case.  Mommy and daddy probably won't give them an advance on thier allowance to cover a ticket.  They will be watching the game from their room in the basement.

cartman.jpg

I don't post on Chiefs Planet either.  

late to the game, but I would also like to weigh in on condiments.

Ketchup....great for fries, burgers, hot dogs...I also enjoy it on hot links and gas station burritos.  Hienz is my preffered choice as some others have mentioned...but if you happen to come accross a bottle of Red Gold brand...that's some good stuff too.

Mayo...I'm ok with it mixed with kechup....never as a stand alone...and especially not as a dip for fries!  Miracle Whip, however can do some stuff...good on a ham sandwich, great to make Tuna salad with....best tuna you'll ever make...Miracle whip, dijon mustard, and Sracha sauce...makes a real nice sweet, heat, tangy tuna salad.

I learned from this place to do Bleu Chees with wings...not ranch.  

I've seen the beef and weck mentioned here a few times......I have got to try one sometime...sounds really good.

Ketchup also good to add to Chili from time to time of you want to sweeten it up a little.

....don't need to debate A-1 sauce for steak etc...but I love to have some of that with a baked potato or even a little on the side to dab in potato salad.

For those going to KC for the first time.....get some BBQ.

It's all good for the most part...Gates is expensive and mostly living off their reputation at this point.  If you get Gates, just asked for a mixed plate dry and extra bread.  You get a little of everything and can make some sandwiches out of the bread...and you can get your own sauce.   

Joes is your 1st choice.  Get a Zman.  

For a fancy, high end experience and the best fried mushrooms, you do Jack Stack

If you like it extra sweet....do Slaps

the BEST KC style beans are at Zardas (also sold in grocery stores)  

Cheapest is Rosedales...a KC tradition....the sauce is not a KC style sauce..vinegary...but the ribs are cheap.

Best ribs is Johnys.  

Q 39...high end high quality....Burnt Ends SO GOOD.

Avoid Bandanas if you even see one

Rib Crib and Dickies are NOT KC BBQ.  Those are chains and should be avoided.  Espeically Dickies

If you don't mind being in a kind of grimy, dingy place, but you want a staggering mountain of meat and fries, you go to the original Arthur bryants.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Jeez....6'5, 245, elusive speed, runs with power, not afraid to truck or stiff arm you..

I'm beginning to truly understand and accept the term "unicorn" for all that it is.  Josh Allen truly is one "unicorn" of a player.  All jokes aside, I feel pity for defensive coordinators, defensive players period going up against Allen.  There is simply NOTHING YOU CAN DO.  Blitz him, he'll shred your secondary to bits.  Sit back in coverage, he'll take those 10 yard plus runs as long as you give em to him, OR he's become patient enough (even Brady-esque, I dare say), and he'll dink and dunk you to your coffin.  Pick your poison sounds so cliche right now but that's really what it boils down to.  In my opinion, a defense's best option right now is to just hope that Allen has an off day and gives away a few turnovers..

I’ve considered him a unicorn since last season. One of a kind. Can he bring it home for us is the only question remaining.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I agree with Kyle (not surprising). It. Is. Now. We’ve seen this story before. I know Allen is still young, but this team isn’t going to get better. The staff is in place. The roster -minus Tre White- is intact and the best the Cap will allow. I don’t see this as “if not now, when?’. I see this as it HAS to be now.

CARPE DIEM

• Like (+1) 1

ESPN Computer Prediction

The Kansas City Chiefs and Buffalo Bills will meet for the second year in a row in the AFC playoffs, this time with a conference title game berth on the line.

Last year, the two teams faced off for a trip to the Super Bowl, with the Chiefs beating Buffalo and retaining their AFC crown. During the regular season, however, the Bills exacted a measure of revenge with a 38-20 win at Arrowhead Stadium on Oct 10.

Will they be able to get it on a bigger stage this weekend? ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI) thinks so.

According to the latest FPI calculations, the Bills are slight favorites on the road against the two-time defending AFC champions.

Buffalo has a 52.1% chance of winning Sunday night, compared to Kansas City’s 47.9% chance, per the FPI.

In Buffalo’s win over Kansas City three months ago, quarterback Josh Allen threw for 315 yards and three touchdowns while adding a score on the ground. The Bills also intercepted Patrick Mahomes twice.

They will need to try to replicate that performance in order to be victorious again this time around.

Kickoff for Bills-Chiefs is set for 6:30 p.m. ET Sunday night on CBS.

So basically, even the grand wizard ESPN computers suggest it's essentially a toss-up.  That's no surprise to me.  Nobody knows who's going to win, though everyone has their prognostications - some backed up with theory or statistics.  Maybe some find that fun, but I think we all know we'll just have to watch the game to find out.  Go Bills!

Edited by Georgia Bill
typo
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

ESPN Computer Prediction

computer prediction  😂 

Cynthia Frelund uses computer predictions and it’s wrong 75% of the time 

twice the computer prediction had a win factor of over 80 for 2 teams against the JAGS. 

one team lost 9-6 and the other lost by 20. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.