Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

13 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The scout views Allen as the better runner. Though he can’t match Mahomes’ arm angles and flexibility, “Allen has essentially the same level arm talent.”

Is arm angle a real metric a scout uses? This seems ridiculous. Like a pitcher, it doesn’t matter how you throw it as long as it goes where you intended and the batter gets fooled.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

Unfortunately have visions of Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce torching the Bills defense once again especially with our best CB on IR.  No shame in losing to the Chiefs though.  Let's see how it plays out. Go Bills.

Gotta trust the back 7 to do their job. We still got the safeties and Milano is back to help with Kelce. 

39 minutes ago, Mr. Wonderful said:

Unfortunately have visions of Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce torching the Bills defense once again especially with our best CB on IR.  No shame in losing to the Chiefs though.  Let's see how it plays out. Go Bills.

Why don't you go watch the Chiefs Broncos game. You'll have visions of the chiefs defense making drew lock look like Michael Vick. 

Or the Bengals game. Visions of the chiefs giving up 450 passing yards. 

The Chiefs will score points. The Bills will score some, too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Don't judge the KC fans at the game (people who have actual jobs and money) VS internet fans....

I promise, you show up in the parking lot at Arrowhead, you'll be offered all beer and BBQ you can handle by random fans who'd be glad to have you share in the festivities.

I don't post on Chiefs Planet either.  

late to the game, but I would also like to weigh in on condiments.

Ketchup....great for fries, burgers, hot dogs...I also enjoy it on hot links and gas station burritos.  Hienz is my preffered choice as some others have mentioned...but if you happen to come accross a bottle of Red Gold brand...that's some good stuff too.

Mayo...I'm ok with it mixed with kechup....never as a stand alone...and especially not as a dip for fries!  Miracle Whip, however can do some stuff...good on a ham sandwich, great to make Tuna salad with....best tuna you'll ever make...Miracle whip, dijon mustard, and Sracha sauce...makes a real nice sweet, heat, tangy tuna salad.

I learned from this place to do Bleu Chees with wings...not ranch.  

I've seen the beef and weck mentioned here a few times......I have got to try one sometime...sounds really good.

Ketchup also good to add to Chili from time to time of you want to sweeten it up a little.

....don't need to debate A-1 sauce for steak etc...but I love to have some of that with a baked potato or even a little on the side to dab in potato salad.

For those going to KC for the first time.....get some BBQ.

It's all good for the most part...Gates is expensive and mostly living off their reputation at this point.  If you get Gates, just asked for a mixed plate dry and extra bread.  You get a little of everything and can make some sandwiches out of the bread...and you can get your own sauce.   

Joes is your 1st choice.  Get a Zman.  

For a fancy, high end experience and the best fried mushrooms, you do Jack Stack

If you like it extra sweet....do Slaps

the BEST KC style beans are at Zardas (also sold in grocery stores)  

Cheapest is Rosedales...a KC tradition....the sauce is not a KC style sauce..vinegary...but the ribs are cheap.

Best ribs is Johnys.  

Q 39...high end high quality....Burnt Ends SO GOOD.

Avoid Bandanas if you even see one

Rib Crib and Dickies are NOT KC BBQ.  Those are chains and should be avoided.  Espeically Dickies

If you don't mind being in a kind of grimy, dingy place, but you want a staggering mountain of meat and fries, you go to the original Arthur bryants.

Thanks for all the great tips on BBQ spots to try, next time I'm in KC I have some well-informed options to consider.  Agree with you I love me some miracle whip, PARTICULARLY on a ham sandwich!!  And i also second the tuna salad being zesty and delicious with miracle whip...Weird thing for me though is I cannot eat a ham sandwich without miracle whip, but a turkey sandwich i cannot eat without Hellman's mayo...neurotic me...

Since you gave us some great tips on KC BBQ joints, allow me to share my personal favs when it comes to Buffalo spots for wings, pizza, and a delicious mind blowing steak sub...now please understand that while I'm originally from Buffalo, I moved away when I was just a kid, and only returned for summers as a child, and then just to visit relatives as an adult.  

My personal favorite for wings would be La Nova, on W Ferry.  Man their chargrilled BBQ wings are the stuff of legends.  Duff's is a not so close 2nd, although their wings are probably bigger and meatier than La Nova's...their pizza holds its own too, but my 1st choice for pizza in the Buff would be Leonardi's...mmm.  Now, if you ever get your mouth set for a juicy, overstuffed mammoth of a steak sub, there's a hole in the wall spot called Shy's Original Steakhouse, on Fillmore Ave...its in the hood, you're gonna wait at least 30-45 minutes for a sub, but I promise you its worth every second...their steak and sausage sub is hands down the best steak sub in the city, IMO.  There used to be a spot called Rick's, on Woltz, that made a legendary steak sub but they closed down years ago...

Anyway, those are a couple of my personal favs if you're ever lucky enough to make it to Buff...I make it a point to eat at all three of those spots every time I go home 🙂

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I haven’t seen McD like this before. In any interview. He’s really giddy, but also proud here haha 

5 hours ago, TheProcess said:

At least Frelund has a thing. Personally, I find Rachel Bonetta highly annoying. Probably because of her arrogance picking against the Bills last weekend and doubling down again this weekend. I fault no one for choosing the Chiefs because this likely is a coin flip type game, but really not sure how she got that gig. 

Rachel is a salty browns fan who is upset that the browns picked mayfield over JA17- whether she admits it or not. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's hilarious how Chiefs fans don't even know the team they are trying to crap on, and how cherry picked occurrences can't be used to paint a whole season/team with a wide brush.

None of them corrected one fan who said the Chiefs will win because "the Bills have only averaged 22 points per game over the last few months" which simply isn't true.  Dating back 11 games through our worst stretch to the Jags game, we've averaged over 27 ppg.  I assumed that's where they stopped counting because we scored 26+ in every game before then after week 1.  To even find a multi game stretch where we scored under 26 ppg you have to narrow it down to a single 3 game window where we lost 2 out of 3 and scored like 18 ppg.

None of them corrected one fan who said we only beat 2 teams with a winning record (Chiefs and Pats, ironic seeing as they say we haven't beaten anyone despite beating THEM), in fact another fan even reinforced that claim.  They forget we also blew out the Dolphins twice, and the Saints.

They LOVE to constantly bring up how we lost to the Jags and how the Jags lost to the Colts who beat us, as if that proves something.  Not a word about how the #1 seed Titans lost to the Jets, lost to the Texans by 2 scores, and got blown out by the Patriots, all teams the Bills dominated.

They frequently bring up how we got "embarrassed" by the Colts (fair), Jags and Patriots (horrendous refball in Jags game, and Pats was in a literal windstorm), and how we "struggled" against the Falcons and Jets down the stretch despite beating them by 2-3 scores.  Not a word about them struggling against Jordan Love, the Giants, or Broncos.  Not a word about getting blown out by the Bills and Titans.

They try to make fun of us for being "boring nerds" for refuting their false ridiculous claims with actual facts and stats.  They literally revel in being a toxic cesspool (they have a 10+ page thread dedicated to it) and believe that somehow makes them better ("muh free speech") than us.

Ok rant over.

*edit*

Oh and of course their broad stroke cherry picking applies to their weird vitriolic contempt for Bills fans.  They constantly attribute isolated bad occurrences (one fan joking about punching the Mahomes family, a ***** being thrown on the field, etc) to the entire fanbase.  Super ironic considering how they literally revel in and boast about being toxic, pointing out how every other teams fans consider them specifically to be the worst.  Also numerous instances of claims of "a lot of/many/most Bills fans say X" when it's something I literally haven't heard any of us say, or maybe one or two at most.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Like (+1) 1

So I’ve booked the Monday off work again so the Bills better make it worth my while - saying that, I wouldn’t be able to sleep even if I was expected to work the next day so…

Looking forward to this but am nervous. Considering our season, I thought making the Divisional round was about par for us but now we’re here I keep thinking of our performances against the Chiefs, Titans (particularly offense), Bucs (second half) and the two latter games against the Pats - we are more than good enough to go all the way. We just have to prove it.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I dont take stock in that stuff but I dont mind reading and posting it.

However, Cynthia Frelund is 178-94-1 in the regular season and she does pretty well each year.  She is also 4-2 in wildcard round.

8 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

;)  expect when she picks the Bills 😆 

the Colts and Bill were huge computer favorites and both lost

funny how we remember the bad and not the good. 

And she just picked the Chiefs to win 27 - 26 or even a possible  OT 

The Bills will play the Chiefs in Kansas City on Sunday in the divisional round of the NFL playoffs. The game is being billed as Josh Allen vs. Patrick Mahomes. As it happens, the Bills traded the 10th pick of the 2017 draft to KC. In effect, the team that spent decades trying to find a worthy replacement for Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly was saying, “Yeah, Mahomes is not the guy.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-allen-perfect-fit-buffalos-110050656.html

That kind of thing could haunt a franchise forever, except for this: The Bills got Allen with the seventh pick in the following year’s draft.

“It seemed like we had a connection from the get-go,” Allen said of the cheers he heard then.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/football-party-gone-national-buffalo-092701397.html

It’s a football party gone national. The Buffalo Bills have become regulars on prime time

The energy and enthusiasm that quarterback Josh Allen brings to the Buffalo Bills is no secret in western New York.

But more and more, the rest of the country is seeing it too, thanks to a surge in prime time NFL games for the team.

“When you take a proud tradition and a fan base that hasn’t seen a lot of success, you get a lot of energy,” said Jon Lewis, at SportsMediaWatch.com, which tracks viewing trends and analytics for professional sports.

“There’s a lot of interest in the atmosphere and the underdog story.”

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

For those of us who follow the team religiously there’s nothing new in that piece, but still nice to see these articles becoming more and more prevalent across the intarwebs.  Much better than reading the lazy “can Allen overcome aCcUrAcY issues?” crap we were still seeing even prior to this season.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.