Do Playoffs count in MVP balloting?

ProcessTruster

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Never understood the fascination with the MVP thing. Personally I could care less.

I made a bet he'd get mvp so that's why I care. Granted it was only 5 bucks, but I'd still like to win it 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

Yeah, I just don't get into MVP, Pro Bowl, All Pro individual honors and what not.

It's a team game and the goal is to win a Super Bowl.

I would measure success with playoff wins and SB appearances/wins.

We know Josh Allen's value!  Who cares if a bunch of sports politicians elect him as "MVP" or not?

1 hour ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Never understood the fascination with the MVP thing. Personally I could care less.

Outside of Super Bowl MVP/Champion it's the most prestigious individual award in football. Unfortunately the purpose of the award has been skewed over the years with it being awarded to the statistically best player instead of the player that means the most to his team's success. It's a pretty big deal though followed by 1st team All Pro selectons. Pro Bowl selections have become an absolute joke of an award.

Of course JMO.....

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If they haven't already voted I could absolutely see them doing it as a way to flip Rodgers the bird after how he's been with the media.

Yeah, they should've already voted. Will probably be Brady.

Gets announced the day before the Super Bowl.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.