Josh Allen Can't Play in the Cold

hondo in seattle

On the Saturday morning show on WGR-550, a Patriots fan caller called in, on his way to the game in Buffalo.

He predicted a Patriots win because "Allen isn't good in cold weather." 

The host asked "If Allen will have trouble in the weather, what about Mac Jones?" and the caller responded that "Mac Jones should be able to handle it better and will be alright in the game."

Such arrogance and confidence in this guy.  It's still over at the GR-550 website for anyone who wants to listen.

It's kind of funny.

Talking heads spew stuff out, people listen to it, and then repeat it.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Not really a  fair comparison since Josh is the outlier of outliers as some sort of lab-grown CRISPR-edited engineered uber-QB unit sent back to our time by Cyberdyne systems to stop the Patriots.

BTCUXH5A3Q7W5PCLMRFYKHNLN4.jpg

Among humans with physical talent relative to his peers, James Harris is probably my #2.

Harris had a cannon too 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

Harris had a cannon too 

He was a monster for his era too, 6'4" 210 or something. But the era he played, the quarterbacks went down and they went down hard and he took such a beating. Kinda the cautionary tale (unheeded) for what happened to Cam Newton.

3 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

He was a monster for his era too, 6'4" 210 or something. But the era he played, the quarterbacks went down and they went down hard and he took such a beating. Kinda the cautionary tale (unheeded) for what happened to Cam Newton.

I so dislike Cam's antics I can't remain objective when considering his play 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

There were players like Suh who would stomp on players post whistle and be doing again when they returned to game.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Matthew Fairburn loves to push these narratives.  First it was Belichick is in McDermott’s head.  Then it was The Bills can’t beat NE when it matters.  Then it was Josh can’t play in the cold

Seems the narrative is foolish. JA played about 4-5 games in heavy wind. His stats were impacted. Check out the stats for the opposing QB’s in those games.

It’s easy to look at the stats without actually watching the games and make proclamations. It’s one of the reasons his stats and in particular % completion will never be in the top 5. 

• Like (+1) 1

Great Tweet from Rodger Sherman from the Ringer about how his perception of JA17 has changed. I think a lot of sportswriters if they could get past their preconceived notions would have similar views. The last line is epic.

Edited by CorkScrewHill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Great Tweet from Rodger Sherman from the Ringer about how his perception of JA17 has changed. I think a lot of sportswriters if they could get past their preconceived notions would have similar views. The last line is epic.

🤣 

Deeply grateful that I get to watch this demigod/centaur play football

1 hour ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Power of narrative.  Rewatching the game on Gamepass.  Noticed the announcers second-guessing Josh on a pass he missed early to Diggs and one that was catchable but difficult for Gabe Davis: "he just needs to pause a moment, get his mechanics in order, then he can hit that throw for a completion"

Noticed the announcers were NOT doing that in the SF-Cowboys game.

Wonder if Kurt Warner has decided Josh Allen makes enough of the gimme throws yet:

• Like (+1) 1

Here’s my take:

rewatching the Bills game this am;

3 minutes into Q2 and Josh has 4 incompletions;

really cool thinking that I get to watch about 2 hours more of football and Josh will throw a total of 0 incompletions;

his mechanics are fine - analysts have to get over their wrong preconception of his inaccuracy from 4 years ago;

Josh is a unicorn and best yet our unicorn 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I see Nick Wright has already launched next weeks narrative.

Josh Allen can’t play 2 good games in a row.

Ignore him. He'll keep twisting reality to impossible levels until he's proven right. 

"Bills are a one and done SB team"

"Allen will never repeat MVP"

"Allen is the worst SB winning QB"

"Allen is not in the same league as Brady and Montana"

"Allen will never be a better GOAT than Jordan or Gretzky"

And on and on. You never win with those people and they are usually missing the screw in their heads that make normal people embarrassed and shut up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.