Do you want Daboll to leave for a HC job?

YoloinOhio

What do you hope happens with Daboll?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Daboll to leave for a HC job?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends on the outcome of the playoff game(s)/ season

I’m back and forth on it. He does a lot of good things but also a lot of bad things. We could be worse without him but we could do better. 

I think I don’t care either way but Daboll really drives me nuts sometimes. I think he is a great schemer but lacks in the mixing things up department. 

Mike Florio just said on NBC that if the Bills have a poor offensive showing in the playoffs they might move on from Daboll. Lol

Edited by Scott7975

31 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

9 of the top 10 passing teams are in the playoffs.

7 of the top 10 running teams are in the playoffs.   

That's not much different.  But every one of those top 'running teams' earned more yards through the air than they did on the ground.  

In fact, 70% of yards gained by offenses this year were through the air.  

I do agree it's better to be multidimensional.   But, for us old timers who remember some older cliches - "three yards and a cloud of dust" and "you need to pass to open up the run" - it very much is a passing league now.  

Your stats a good indication of the need for both. They can indicate that a good passing game often relies on a good running game, and visa versa.

Which three playoff teams don't have a top ten running game?

Edited by Mister Defense

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is your mind made up on what you want to have happen with Daboll or will it all depend on tonight (and potentially the rest of the playoff run)? He’s been here 4 years and the entirety of Allen’s career thus far so it seems like his body of work would provide the sample size as a fan to determine whether you want him to stay or go. But does it more depend on what happens now?

he’s not a shoe in for one of these jobs, especially if they lose tonight/the offense looks bad, and because of Flores getting thrown into the mix as another candidate. Even Jim Caldwell is now being interviewed for the Bears. 

No, I definitely have mixed feelings about Daboll.  At times I think he's brilliant and innovative, at times I think he's too addicted to gidgets and gadgets, and overall his "Low Interest Rate" at run game success (until we were totally embarrassed without a run game 3x) is frustrating to me.

27 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I’m back and forth on it. He does a lot of good things but also a lot of bad things. We could be worse without him but we could do better. 

I think I don’t care either way but Daboll really drives me nuts sometimes. I think he is a great schemer but lacks in the mixing things up department. 

Mike Florio just said on NBC that if the Bills have a poor offensive showing in the playoffs they might move on from Daboll. Lol

That's pretty well where I am. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, I definitely have mixed feelings about Daboll.  At times I think he's brilliant and innovative, at times I think he's too addicted to gidgets and gadgets, and overall his "Low Interest Rate" at run game success (until we were totally embarrassed without a run game 3x) is frustrating to me.

Yeah there's definitely been some frustrating moments, however if he goes I don't see much of a decline on offense if any at all with his replacement. Just having a lot of talent/weapons and a QB like Allen, I think the chances are more likely offense may be even better or about the same than chances it declines.

No.  I think Daboll knows what he's doing even if I don't agree with every play call.  He's done a masterful job of introducing a massive playbook and complex scheme to his offensive players and getting them to play it more competently and with fewer mistakes than offensive coordinators for over 20 previous years.  Continuity is good.  On the other hand, I think Buffalo probably has a competent replacement in house, so it wouldn't be a disaster if he left.

1 minute ago, Ross Murdock said:

He's been the best Bills Offensive coordinator Ted Marchibroda (1989 - 1992). Bills bipolar posters on Two Bills Drive typically want to fire Dabol after a running play gets stuffed.  He will be missed when he leaves no doubt. 

You also have to look at how much josh has developed, daboll should get some credit for that 

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

When you look at what Matt LaFleur did for Aaron Rodgers with implementing a stout run game to go along with that GB passing attack that was failing the team as they went from 6-9-1 in 2018 to 13-3 in 2019.

This, simply by building a power run game to compliment that passing attack. Rodgers in 2018, 4442 passing yards, 25 TDs, 2 INTs- 2019 Rodgers 4002 passing yards, 26 TDs, 4 INTs. 

If the Bills had a stout RB run game like the Colts, Titans, 49ers... then they would be new impossible to stop the Bills offense. Yes, they have improved in this facet the last month. The Bills are currently 6th in rushing and a whole lot of that is because the QB is the second leading rusher on the team with 763 yards rushing, 6 TDs. 

Forgive me If I'd rather see the RBs doing most of the running as it took so, so, so, so very long to find a talent like Allen and I want to see that arm in the pocket for the next 20 seasons! 

Yes, Brian Daboll has done well in Buffalo and he gets credit for helping Josh Allen become one of the very best QB's in the league. The man hasn't built a consistent balanced offense and relied far to much, to often on Josh Allen's arm.  The pass game isn't working in a game and the run game isn't working either...let's just keep throwing no matter what kind of pressure the QB is under. 

And yes, this has changed somewhat the last few games. The question is...why did it take so long to get this done? I read after the last few games that Bills fans are no longer calling for a better RB or better O line. Why? Because the run game is finally working well. 

My take is McD has had a lot to do with this (Bills RB running surge) at the half of that Bucs game. I also think Florio is correct that If the Bills fall off in offensive production like they did last season in the playoffs. Then, I think changes with be forthcoming. 

36 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

When you look at what Matt LaFleur did for Aaron Rodgers with implementing a stout run game to go along with that GB passing attack that was failing the team as they went from 6-9-1 in 2018 to 13-3 in 2019.

This, simply by building a power run game to compliment that passing attack. Rodgers in 2018, 4442 passing yards, 25 TDs, 2 INTs- 2019 Rodgers 4002 passing yards, 26 TDs, 4 INTs. 

If the Bills had a stout RB run game like the Colts, Titans, 49ers... then they would be new impossible to stop the Bills offense. Yes, they have improved in this facet the last month. The Bills are currently 6th in rushing and a whole lot of that is because the QB is the second leading rusher on the team with 763 yards rushing, 6 TDs. 

Forgive me If I'd rather see the RBs doing most of the running as it took so, so, so, so very long to find a talent like Allen and I want to see that arm in the pocket for the next 20 seasons! 

Yes, Brian Daboll has done well in Buffalo and he gets credit for helping Josh Allen become one of the very best QB's in the league. The man hasn't built a consistent balanced offense and relied far to much, to often on Josh Allen's arm.  The pass game isn't working in a game and the run game isn't working either...let's just keep throwing no matter what kind of pressure the QB is under. 

And yes, this has changed somewhat the last few games. The question is...why did it take so long to get this done? I read after the last few games that Bills fans are no longer calling for a better RB or better O line. Why? Because the run game is finally working well. 

My take is McD has had a lot to do with this (Bills RB running surge) at the half of that Bucs game. I also think Florio is correct that If the Bills fall off in offensive production like they did last season in the playoffs. Then, I think changes with be forthcoming. 

We would be so much better with Curt Modkins.

GTFOH

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.